Media All The Records Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone Has Set In His WEC/UFC Career

Nate definitely did.
DbKx2IYW0AAsha5.jpg

quick someone quote me before this autist gets banned.

U already lost, ignored.

You guys. Nate and Donald were cool now :D

GIF-5-9-2021-10-40-11-PM.gif

Lots of things to be proud of. However, he will always being known as a guy that choked at the highest level. Should have been champ, but lost his balls on the biggest stage

Glad to see a positive Cerrone thread since most of them have been driven by negativity, nothing but Hespect for what the Cowboy has accomplished in the sport. I’d say his legacy is set in stone, moving forward I’d hate to see him continue as seemingly the gas tank is on E

Reactions: Gio
Bellator and retirement. Nice try.
images
Josh has a 22-9 record. Nate is 20-12
Josh retired at 38. Nate is 36.

If you are trying to disparage Josh based on his career in defence of Nate I would stop. They are very clearly similar in record but with Nate slightly worse. Josh held a title at LW in Strikeforce when the LW divisions of WEC, SF & UFC were very similar in levels. The UFC LW division is littered with contenders from WEC & SF (Nate himself was in WEC). Nate never held a title having lost the WEC title fight to Franca & a UFC title fight to Benson.

Given his legacy, he should be more comfortable with the prospect retiring than he seems to be.
He, or his manager, needs to convince the UFC to give him an easy fight, so he can go out on a win.

Maia would be a great retirement fight. Even if he loses, he'll lose to another legend on his way out. But he likes go back at 155 so idk. As a fan, though I hate to say it, I think he should just slowly fade out of the scene and announce his retirement eventually. There's no point of getting beat up again for one last time.

Nate Diaz > Josh Thompson . One of the lamest things about sherdog is how much hate the Diaz bros get .
They seldom fight/fought, whined about every loss despite making no changes and made no attempts to evolve, and just aren't as exciting as everyone says.

I love his style. His chin didn't hold up but he was landing beautiful muay thai kicks

Really enjoyed Nate Diaz beating the shit out of him and breaking his will easily

Josh has a 22-9 record. Nate is 20-12
Josh retired at 38. Nate is 36.

If you are trying to disparage Josh based on his career in defence of Nate I would stop. They are very clearly similar in record but with Nate slightly worse. Josh held a title at LW in Strikeforce when the LW divisions of WEC, SF & UFC were very similar in levels. The UFC LW division is littered with contenders from WEC & SF (Nate himself was in WEC). Nate never held a title having lost the WEC title fight to Franca & a UFC title fight to Benson.

Josh Thompson UFC record is 3-4, cut from UFC and he just got knocked out in bellator.

Diaz beat McGregor and Pettis = Former champions, never been cut.

Btw I like cowboy the flipoff gif was a joke from that war they had. Cowboy flipped Diaz off first.

Last edited:
Nothing but respect for Cerrone. In an era where fighting once a year is considered "active", Cerrone tried to fight as often as possible and never ducked opponents. Always brought it and we will likely never see another of his kind.
He's a legend no doubt but this is debatable. Sometimes he just showed up.

And he'll be most remembered for 'not showing up' in the Conor fight (no surprise there) and making Conair's shoulder strikes famous (literally stood there saying keep hitting me with the shoulder Conor, I won't move, promise).

Josh Thompson UFC record is 3-4, cut from UFC and he just got knocked out in bellator.

Diaz beat McGregor and Pettis = Former champions, never been cut.

Btw I like cowboy the flipoff gif was a joke from that war they had. Cowboy flipped Diaz off first.
Josh was not cut by the UFC. He left for a better deal that the UFC coulc not match.

He has fought for Pride, Strikeforce, UFC & Bellator. In fact 26 of his 32 fights were in those organizations. His 6 fights outside those UFC owned Orgs consist of 3 fighters who fought in the UFC & 1 WEC veteran of 12 WEC fights including being champion. Same title Nate couldn't win. Trying to claim Thompson wasn't in the "Big Leagues" and Nate was is laughable.

Josh and Nate are very similar in record and competition. Difference is Josh won a title fight.

Back