"All Ronda opponents are cans, the division is a joke"

I think he's referring to a few threads today where there are people trying to say RRR is ducking Cyborg because RRR is fighting cans.

It's the most intriguing fight in WMMA right now. It has been for awhile actually. People might feel that way because Ronda has said she'd do a catchweight fight for somebody who has been retired for five years, but won't do the one that everybody wants to see. If Cyborg can cut to 135, then there's no excuse for that fight not to be made.

If she's going to exclusively do 135 bouts, instead of fighting Tate next, she should take on Holm. Tate may have more exposure, but it's not like Correia was a name either and that fight garnered a lot of attention regardless because people are paying to see Ronda. The casuals don't seem all that interested in who is standing across the cage from her, as long as there is someone there. Might as well be Holm then. I think that could be a good fight.

Ronda beat Charmaine Tweet in 49 seconds

Cyborg beat Charmaine Tweet in 46 seconds

Yeah tell me Ronda does better

That comparision is ridiculous.

It's like saying Bethe is better than Cyborg because she won the fighter who "destroyed" Cyborg in the 1st RD.

Now tell me Cyborg does better.

Last edited:
this is all just hot air wasted between people stupid enough to be duped by dana and bought last nights ppv. face it woman fighting 95% of the time still looks like woman fighting even when the worlds best are concerned.

What/who are you responding to? The preface is silly, WMMA hasn't had long to develop. You need money and sponsors to be able to train at the highest level, when WMMA has that kind of money we will see more competition. Right now these woman are making nothing, how are they suppose to train at a level the same as some guy making 6 figures AND being sponsored. MMA math is silly, did you really need to post a bunch of stuff from fightfinder to make not make a point, that is already self evident in the first place? 0/10!

He probably should have made it clear but there have been a few threads today with people claiming Ronda is ducking Cyborg and Ronda is only fighting cans.

Bethe is the only one I might call a can. Want to see her face a middle tier opponent before judging.
The others isn't what I know.

Last edited:
Women's mma is an embarrassment. People say Fedor and Anderson fought cans. Look at who Ronda is fighting. Not a single legit fighter ever. All completely terrible.

Ronda beat Charmaine Tweet in 49 seconds

Cyborg beat Charmaine Tweet in 46 seconds

Yeah tell me Ronda does better

Tweet was Ronda's second pro fight, and Tweet was coming off of a successful kickboxing career. Cyborg just fought 38 year old, 6-4 Tweet as a title defense.

Watch the fights instead of looking up records holmes, our eyes work just fine, we can tell skill, its not that difficult to figure out if the women shes fighting are good or not

Wake me up when challengers like Correia get a Top15 win.

I don't think anybody can say either one of them are fighting cans really, it's just that they are so much better than everybody else, they make everybody look bad. Bottom line, they should be fighting each other, and if Ronda says she'd fight Gina at 145, she should be willing to fight Cyborg at that or a catchweight too. But she won't. It's not all on Cyborg, and she's been a champ since before Ronda even had a fight, as it stands, Ronda wants her weakened before they even get in the Octagon. Well ok, but that's not that good for the rest of us who want to see the two best at their best fight at a fair weight and a fair compromise. And since Ronda isn't willing to do that, then I guess Cyborg needs to stop talking about it and start making the weight. But make no mistake, Ronda doesn't want any part of a full strength Cyborg, which is pretty crazy to me since she'd probably win anyway given her grappling ability is so dominant.

Ronda wins because shes bigger and stronger than the women she fights her footwork and striking is terrible most street fights have better technique

So you've never been in or seen a street fight.

Women haven't had the same opportunities as men (still a work in progress), so the talent pool of women still has a lot of room to grow.

That said, Ronda has fought some very good opponents. She's just ahead of the curb and an incredibly hard worker.

Let's be clear here...

No one is saying Cyborg's competition has been better.

They are simply saying that both Ronda and Cyborg are the only fighters in their divisions that are on eachothers' level.

They should fight. But I don't think they will.

/thread

Nope. Cyborg is a bum too, WMMA is a joke in its entirety. Cyborg has been beaten before and has been deep waters several times. Rousey is the only shining star in what is a warped backwards Stone Age version of men's MMA.

Sounds harsh but is the truth.

that division is a joke, ufc does not want Ronda to be beat

Truth is Women's MMA is in it's infancy. Very few talented fighters in any division. It's going to get better and better though.

I don't think you can provide a serious definition, so keep barking.

Oxford:

1 - Begin to do or pursue (something) again after a pause or interruption:
2 - Begin speaking again after a pause or interruption:
3 - Take, pick up, or put on again; return to the use of:

"Facts cannot be begun/pursued to their paper record."
"Facts cannot be begun speaking again to their paper record."
"Facts cannot be taken/picked up/put on again/returned to the use of to their paper record."

Just admit you didn't know what the word "resume" means.

It's not that Rousey isn't a good fighter, it's just that I think all of the "best PFP in the world" might be a bit overdoing it. Of her 5 title defences, several of her opponents had less than 3 fights in the UFC. Back in the day when Pride fighters came to the UFC, it took them several matches just to get used to the rules.

Does she have talent ? Absolutely.

Is she one of the "best fighters in the world" ? If so, there would definitely have to be an asterisk after it because if you look at how her fights went vs some of the all out brawls that have taken place (ie: Griffin vs Bonnar), I think her hype might be a bit much.

Given all that however, I'm guessing that since Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and GSP are gone/inactive, there aren't many fighters left to be the "face" of the company. In that way, Rousey is an undefeated champion, so they may as well take advantage of it regardless of how stiff the competition may or may not be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back