All Ringside/Combat Sports Gear Questions Post Here

I really like Ringside gloves, but I've always thought them to be a little wide. What is Ringside's most compact sparring glove? For example, something similar to a Top Ten Superfight or a Gorilla Fight Gear Apeman. Thanks!

I really like Ringside gloves, but I've always thought them to be a little wide. What is Ringside's most compact sparring glove? For example, something similar to a Top Ten Superfight or a Gorilla Fight Gear Apeman. Thanks!

Thanks for the question Dan, those two gloves you referenced are both European "bubble" style gloves. We do not manufacture this type of model. My recommendation to you, looking for a narrower glove, would be to size down with one of our numerous IMF training gloves. The gloves will be lighter and tighter, but with the protection of our IMFs, your hands and and your partners face will be thankful.

Nate

Thanks for the reply Nate!
My thoughts exactly; I went down from 16s to 14s and I did see a reduction in size, but I was hoping to go even narrower.

In your opinion which one is narrower, the newer Pro Style IMF sparring gloves or the regular IMF sparring gloves or would you say they are the same?

Thanks for the question Dan, those two gloves you referenced are both European "bubble" style gloves. We do not manufacture this type of model. My recommendation to you, looking for a narrower glove, would be to size down with one of our numerous IMF training gloves. The gloves will be lighter and tighter, but with the protection of our IMFs, your hands and and your partners face will be thankful.

Nate

Thanks for the reply Nate!
My thoughts exactly; I went down from 16s to 14s and I did see a reduction in size, but I was hoping to go even narrower.

In your opinion which one is narrower, the newer Pro Style IMF sparring gloves or the regular IMF sparring gloves or would you say they are the same?

No problem Dan, the (PROMFTGE) Pro Style IMF Sparring glove is narrower than our Regular (MFTGE) IMF by about 10%.

Nate

I have 2 questions.
1. Are the CSI IMF Tech sparring gloves and Ringside Pro style IMF training gloves (velcro) any different? They look same from the stock photos but different price.
2. Out of Ringside Pro style IMF training gloves, old IMF training gloves and IMF pro fight gloves, which are most comfortable and durable gloves for heavy bag work?

I have 2 questions.
1. Are the CSI IMF Tech sparring gloves and Ringside Pro style IMF training gloves (velcro) any different? They look same from the stock photos but different price.
2. Out of Ringside Pro style IMF training gloves, old IMF training gloves and IMF pro fight gloves, which are most comfortable and durable gloves for heavy bag work?

the newer IMF feels like it protect my hands more.

I have 2 questions.

The CSI sparring gloves have the 2nd tier molded foam, the Ringside have the first tier foam.

also, the CSI gloves have slightly less padding over the knuckles whereas the Ringside have the full 2.5 inches of the knuckle padding.

The CSI sparring gloves have the 2nd tier molded foam, the Ringside have the first tier foam.

also, the CSI gloves have slightly less padding over the knuckles whereas the Ringside have the full 2.5 inches of the knuckle padding.

So basically the CSI is the one you want to wear; the Ringside is the one you want your sparring partner to wear :icon_lol:

So I've got a situation you may be able to help shed some light on.

I ordered a pair of the long wedge panther punch mitts that are on sale. Excited to have a pair of wedge mitts and review them, I was disappointed to find that I had been shipped a pair of super guard panther punch mitts instead.

I called returns on Thursday and was told that I would get a return shipping Fedex label in 1-2 days, I'd have to return the mitts, and have to wait until they were received by Ringside before my pair would be shipped. I let the rep know that I wasn't thrilled with the solution, and at that point she let me know that if I sent them the tracking number, they could ship my pair before receiving the return.

I thought that the solution still sucked (I have to wait another 2 weeks ANd have to go to fedex with no compensation), so I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor. I waited on hold for 10 minutes and was told that the supervisors were busy but they would "call me back in 5 minutes". I received no follow up phone call on Thursday.

Fast forward to Friday, I called back again. This time, no customer service rep picked up, so I left my name and phone number on the voicemail. Again, hours later, no one called me back.

At this point, I still have the mitts that I didn't order, I do not have the fedex label (it isn't currently being processed) and no one is returning my calls.

I own a gym in the Boston area (I contacted Ringside 2 weeks ago by email about a wholesale account, also neve returned) and I'd love to consider ordering large commercial orders in the future. I'm bitter about the service at the moment, but I won't hold a grudge if someone will actually make good on their mistake.

How can I rectify this super shitty situation?

I ordered a pair of the long wedge panther punch mitts that are on sale. Excited to have a pair of wedge mitts and review them, I was disappointed to find that I had been shipped a pair of super guard panther punch mitts instead.

I called returns on Thursday and was told that I would get a return shipping Fedex label in 1-2 days, I'd have to return the mitts, and have to wait until they were received by Ringside before my pair would be shipped. I let the rep know that I wasn't thrilled with the solution, and at that point she let me know that if I sent them the tracking number, they could ship my pair before receiving the return.

I thought that the solution still sucked (I have to wait another 2 weeks ANd have to go to fedex with no compensation), so I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor. I waited on hold for 10 minutes and was told that the supervisors were busy but they would "call me back in 5 minutes". I received no follow up phone call on Thursday.

Fast forward to Friday, I called back again. This time, no customer service rep picked up, so I left my name and phone number on the voicemail. Again, hours later, no one called me back.

At this point, I still have the mitts that I didn't order, I do not have the fedex label (it isn't currently being processed) and no one is returning my calls.

I own a gym in the Boston area (I contacted Ringside 2 weeks ago by email about a wholesale account, also neve returned) and I'd love to consider ordering large commercial orders in the future. I'm bitter about the service at the moment, but I won't hold a grudge if someone will actually make good on their mistake.

From my experience, when ringside is at an event their customer services dieds. Right now they are at the National Silver Gloves, so give them a week to get back on point.

I know it is very annoying, I think all of us have had similar problems with ringside in the past...but their ultimate classic line and now heritage line keep me coming back.

From my experience, when ringside is at an event their customer services dieds. Right now they are at the National Silver Gloves, so give them a week to get back on point.

I know it is very annoying, I think all of us have had similar problems with ringside in the past...but their ultimate classic line and now heritage line keep me coming back.

How about no? Why should anyone have to wait to get gear that they actually ordered because ringside is at the Silver Gloves? I could really give a shit about any line of gear they have if they're not capable of following through with typical customer service needs.

Cheap shot,

I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago about the hand wraps you were asking about. I would love to be your contact here at Ringside / Combat Sports and help you out with any issues you are having.

We were not only at but running the Silver Gloves tournament last week. It does make for a long week when you not only work in the retail shop but than stay for the night sessions to run the glove table and handle the awards. No excuse you still should have been handled. I did respond to several Sherdog guys over the course of the week even though I didn't get home until very late.

I am sending you another PM with my information. I would be more than happy to handle your current situation and make it right.

Dennis

Gotta bump this up to give a shout out to Dennis. He's a 100% stand-up guy and immediately went to work to help me out. I love Ringside products and I'm happy to know that if anything ever goes wrong with an order, there are people willing to work hard and quickly to make things right. Thanks Dennis!

Does ringside ever plan on making a heritage line face bar headgear?

Also, does the heritage no foul cup move with the body like winning cups?*

Gotta bump this up to give a shout out to Dennis. He's a 100% stand-up guy and immediately went to work to help me out. I love Ringside products and I'm happy to know that if anything ever goes wrong with an order, there are people willing to work hard and quickly to make things right. Thanks Dennis!

Same here man...Can't praise Dennis enough. He has helped me more than once. He has a great determination to see his customers happy and really knows his product line. Great guy!

Same here man...Can't praise Dennis enough. He has helped me more than once. He has a great determination to see his customers happy and really knows his product line. Great guy!

weren't you just selling 14oz Reyes gloves? =P

This is a question for the Combat Sports/Ringside guys. Any word on the new Windy gear? Just wondering whether I should wait for them, I need to replace some gear.

Back