All of Dana's children are done except Conor...

Holy shit, so the UFC might be forced to start relying on talent again?

I think people overrate how much losses affect drawing power.

Conor can walk into the UFC office

and Ari Emmael will give Conor Dana's job

Give the man his stake over some grass fed, massaged steak.

The first half of 2017 is looking AWFUL

Yes, those were excuses, doesn't erase Aldo's dominance of the division for the previous years and the fact that other than Anderson, Aldo was the most deserving of a rematch regardless of how the fight ended

I never said it didn't and I agree. Yeah, he was most deserving of a rematch, but don't forget he was concussed - which they say 6 months is the minimal length of time to recover from it. Conor wasn't going to wait around for Aldo to recover.

And you can bet your ass that if Aldo/Conor happened at 189 and Conor lost, the ACL would've been the first thing out of his mouth

I disagree. Conor didn't hold any animosity towards Aldo - except maybe over the drug testing debacle, but he didn't pull out. Same with Diaz when he lost - he acknowledged his mistakes and not everyone folds when he lands. People over look a lot of what Conor says; things like 'anything can happen in there' and 'one punch or mistake can end a fight' He's being fighting for a long time and has seen it all. That's why the perceived notion that he'd have a meltdown if he lost in the UFC like Rousey did, didn't happen.

Every fighter after a loss will feel they can do better and if they done X, Y and Z they might have won. But that seems to be how a lot of fighters are wired.

I never said it didn't and I agree. Yeah, he was most deserving of a rematch, but don't forget he was concussed - which they say 6 months is the minimal length of time to recover from it. Conor wasn't going to wait around for Aldo to recover.

I disagree. Conor didn't hold any animosity towards Aldo - except maybe over the drug testing debacle, but he didn't pull out. Same with Diaz when he lost - he acknowledged his mistakes and not everyone folds when he lands. People over look a lot of what Conor says; things like 'anything can happen in there' and 'one punch or mistake can end a fight' He's being fighting for a long time and has seen it all. That's why the perceived notion that he'd have a meltdown if he lost in the UFC like Rousey did, didn't happen.

Every fighter after a loss will feel they can do better and if they done X, Y and Z they might have won. But that seems to be how a lot of fighters are wired.

That's fine not wanting to wait for Aldo for 6 months, but he completely jumped divisions. He fought Nate x2, the 2nd fight was supposed to be at 200, the same event Aldo fought Edgar for the interim title for the division that Mcgregor was champ. How can you justify that? Because he lost to Diaz and wanted to fight him again? Was that not the exact situation Aldo was in with him but with a championship in the equation?

And the first words out of Mcgregor's mouth after his loss to Diaz was about weight. He made excuses for a loss when he had a full camp to train "for no specific opponent" because he trains for everything. You may eat up that shit, but I don't

lol @ TS talking about "burying" someone with shit posts on sherdog

meanwhile Conor gonna leverage this to get equity stakes

BURIED

4g1me.gif

Equity stakes? Conor ain't gonna get a seat at the Billionaire Boyz Club table the clock is ticking on him already they know it, he knows it, but his fanz refuse to see it. He's looking for that monster payday so he can GTFO and do easy living. If you think hey gonna give him equity when he no longer steps into a cage or off doing whatever he does then you crazy man.

Most Conor is getting is a better payout for fights...

He fought Nate x2, the 2nd fight was supposed to be at 200, the same event Aldo fought Edgar for the interim title for the division that Mcgregor was champ. How can you justify that? Because he lost to Diaz and wanted to fight him again? Was that not the exact situation Aldo was in with him but with a championship in the equation?

Well, in fairness, the first fight wasn't scheduled with Diaz so he wasn't holding anything up at that time. Even if Aldo and Edgar were fit, it would have being had to be fought at 155, so it would have being as 'meaningless' as the first Diaz fight.

I'm not going to try and justify anything. But to paraphrase Conor; he felt the Diaz fight was more exciting for him and he wanted to prove he was the better fighter. In terms of the belt situation - I've always said there's no point in holding a belt if you're not going to defend it. I don't think Conor even needs to hold a belt - like you said, he likes money. For his next fight the "media" were speculating he was trying to set up a feud with Woodley to fight for the WW one. Going up and fighting for that makes more money and the event bigger. At least that's what I'm thinking. But Conor also said he wants to talk with the new owners first, so fuck knows what will happen next.

I know there's all this talk about Conor dodging fights that would have the belt on the line, but again, it's PPV buys/money I think he's more interested in. He dodged Edgar to fight dos Anjos and when he got beaten by Diaz, he asked for a rematch. Not even with Conor, but a lot of fighters on here are duck merchants according to folk on here which is just daft.

The whole importance of belts is a bit overstated. It's nothing more than a piece of metal and leather that gives most fighters who hold it a pay rise when they win it. Someone like Holloway is a prime example of the belt giving them a better pay day.

And the first words out of Mcgregor's mouth after his loss to Diaz was about weight. He made excuses for a loss when he had a full camp to train "for no specific opponent" because he trains for everything. You may eat up that shit, but I don't

The first words out of his mouth were; Diaz was the better man on the night. Like I mentioned earlier, he had staph during that camp and supposedly a chest infection the week of the fight. He signed to fight and lost - tough titty. No, he trained and his original opponent was dos Anjos who he looked at as being a slower, sloppier version of Aldo. He also said Diaz was easily hit and predictable. He was partly right about that, but he must have expected Diaz to go down after landing heavy shots on him and acknowledged he panicked and went for a sloppy take down.

I'm not eating anything up - actually, I'm not sure how we got to this conversation, but I've no problem giving my opinion or repeating what was said by whomever. He did have an issue with Diaz' reach and height, why else did he bring in Conor Wallace?

You want to talk about excuses and when I mentioned Diaz' first words out of his mouth after the second fight, you said; "it's a Diaz thing" I've posted multiple examples of Conor acknowledging the mistakes he made in his eyes. Diaz said he wouldn't have touched him if he had a full camp in the first fight, yet he got dropped 3 times in the first 2 rounds and lit up on the feet. That's why no one from his team have ever held a belt in the UFC - because they're predictable. Diaz' ability to take a punch sees him through a lot of fights and is a part of his game in some respects.

Sorry, I meant for the LW belt but however, I'd like to see him fight Aldo again, too. Though if you're in Conor's position and you're offered the chance to win a second belt, you'd be crazy not to take it. But even though Alvarez was the champion - he was the one with more to gain just from getting that fight. Regardless of whether you don't like or like Conor, that's just the way it is. It's a bit odd that people don't get riled up when champions call him out.

I sincerely doubt Dana and co. give a flying fuck about history being made. Money and exposure is their main agenda. What's in it for them if Conor wins two belts? The only person or people that's relevant to is Conor and his team. Well, rewind back to 189 when he was two weeks out from fighting Aldo and he got injured - and by all accounts, Conor had damaged his knee again on the world tour. If he pulled out of that fight, he's losing the UFC and himself millions. Some fighters in a similar situation to Conor can/will pull out and wait for their title shot. When it was time to put up or shut up, he took on the replacement fight. If he lost that, things could have being very different.

The same with 196 - dos Anjos pulled out injured and same scenario; Conor could have sat out and waited. And again, after the fight, there was talk of Conor having staph during his camp and a chest infection the week of the fight. Plus, he agreed to fight at 170 which gave Diaz ample time to cut less weight. I think you get my point by now. I'm not trying to blow smoke up Conor's arse, but he plays the game of risk and reward - and all the while having a lot more to lose than other fighters who are just as active as him and go in to fights with something wrong with them - which is a given in MMA.

I could turn it on the flip side and mention how Diaz with a full camp was going to crush him according to a lot of fans and analysts or that once Alvarez got him in the clinch he'd grind him out. In the name of sport did Conor deserve the LW title shot? No. That was his first time fighting at LW in the UFC. But again; I'm not going to pretend I don't understand why that fight was made. This narrative that he gets handed everything on a plate for him is nonsense.
staph infection and chest infection

holy shit dude, stop making excuses for mcgregor. and stop making shit up

he thought nate would be an easy fight, turns out he was completely wrong and got humiliated in the process. it's the same process when aldo pulled out, there was frankie and chad, frankie was 100% in fight shape and chad was doing a hunting reality show, who did he fight? same thing with nate, thought it was going to be an easy fight, but...

Colin is the chosen one.

Tree belts soon!

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}
ronda's loss was too much for you

<{hughesimpress}>

taph infection and chest infection

holy shit dude, stop making excuses for mcgregor. and stop making shit up

Why would I make that up? Listen to Kavanagh on the Florian and Anik show.

he thought nate would be an easy fight, turns out he was completely wrong and got humiliated in the process. it's the same process when aldo pulled out, there was frankie and chad, frankie was 100% in fight shape and chad was doing a hunting reality show, who did he fight? same thing with nate, thought it was going to be an easy fight, but...

You accuse me of making shit up, yet are insinuating that Conor knew Edgar was 100% in shape and Mendes was out shooting a hunting programme so chose the latter. I await your proof. And please don't refrain from saying you heard it from Edgar or his manager.

Why would I make that up? Listen to Kavanagh on the Florian and Anik show.

You accuse me of making shit up, yet are insinuating that Conor knew Edgar was 100% in shape and Mendes was out shooting a hunting programme so chose the latter. I await your proof. And please don't refrain from saying you heard it from Edgar or his manager.
he's a tool. I don't trust a single thing coming out of his mouth

unless he brings up medical exams and things like that, I rather not believe. it's really what literally everyone does when they lose

so we're in a stalemate. no proof from kavanagh, no proof from frankie. but really, frankie said he was training and chad was at a hunting show. maybe frankie wasn't 100%, but definitely was at a better shape than chad, and that is just a fact

he's a tool. I don't trust a single thing coming out of his mouth

unless he brings up medical exams and things like that, I rather not believe. it's really what literally everyone does when they lose

so we're in a stalemate. no proof from kavanagh, no proof from frankie. but really, frankie said he was training and chad was at a hunting show. maybe frankie wasn't 100%, but definitely was at a better shape than chad, and that is just a fact

Kavanagh didn't bring it up.

And you're taking Edgar's word that he was in shape. Interesting. Did you know Mendes said he was fishing, filming a hunting show and according to Faber was 'laying on the couch when he got the call' Talk about being in 3 places at 1 time.

You might want to do your research before you start accusing someone of talking shit.

When one dies another is born... Dana always wins

GOldieBless

thoughts are: let's clean house. bring on khabib.

Back