All of Dana's children are done except Conor...

So is Joe Duffy getting the next title shot? Remember what he did to Conor?

Is Struve getting the next title shot? Remember what he did to Stipe?

Mcgregor was gifted the title shot for PPV sales. You cannot justify it on accomplishment

No, they won't, because it's not as black and white as that. They could have brought anyone over to fight Bisping and the crowd would have still turned up. Given they had history, and undeserving of a title shot as Henderson was, it would have pushed up the PPV numbers if Romero, Jacare or someone else got the shot.

As for Conor getting the title shot against Alvarez - did my previous post not allude to the other factors that have nothing to do with him deserving the title shot?

Let me ask you; if you were making that card in New York - who do you give the title shot to against Alvarez?

No, they won't, because it's not as black and white as that. They could have brought anyone over to fight Bisping and the crowd would have still turned up. Given they had history, and undeserving of a title shot as Henderson was, it would have pushed up the PPV numbers if Romero, Jacare or someone else got the shot.

As for Conor getting the title shot against Alvarez - did my previous post not allude to the other factors that have nothing to do with him deserving the title shot?

Let me ask you; if you were making that card in New York - who do you give the title shot to against Alvarez?

If I'm making that card?

I make Alvarez fight Khabib, who fought on that card.

I make Mcgregor fight Aldo, who is the interim champion in the division that Mcgregor is the champ.

It's really not that hard of a decision.

Dana and Co. wanted to manufacture history by giving Mcgregor a gifted title shot. He already fought 2 times outside of the division he was champ in without defending his title a single time, 1 of those fights being a loss by finish. Why not have him defend the FW title? He'd still be on the card, he'd still be a champ, there would be 4 title fights on the card... So why give him a title shot at LW?

Twice, I thought Aldo would beat him and I thought Nate would win the rematch.

I'm guessing that you're "cock-sure" that Mcgregor will knock out Khabib or Ferguson. I'm pretty confident that he won't fight either of them for his next fight
Definitely think he beats Ferguson, don't know about Khabib. They both still have an unknown element which makes it hard to call imo.

Chuck Lidell and Anderson Silva just got knocked out, plus GSP just retired!! UFC is done, they wont ever have another star thatll do big numbers
It took a HUGE toll actually

When Chuck and Brock lost, UFC "died" in ratings for about 3-4 years.

Mainstream MMA in Canada pretty much died after GSP retired

If I'm making that card?

I make Alvarez fight Khabib, who fought on that card.

I make Mcgregor fight Aldo, who is the interim champion in the division that Mcgregor is the champ.

Sorry, I meant for the LW belt but however, I'd like to see him fight Aldo again, too. Though if you're in Conor's position and you're offered the chance to win a second belt, you'd be crazy not to take it. But even though Alvarez was the champion - he was the one with more to gain just from getting that fight. Regardless of whether you don't like or like Conor, that's just the way it is. It's a bit odd that people don't get riled up when champions call him out.

Dana and Co. wanted to manufacture history by giving Mcgregor a gifted title shot. He already fought 2 times outside of the division he was champ in without defending his title a single time, 1 of those fights being a loss by finish

I sincerely doubt Dana and co. give a flying fuck about history being made. Money and exposure is their main agenda. What's in it for them if Conor wins two belts? The only person or people that's relevant to is Conor and his team. Well, rewind back to 189 when he was two weeks out from fighting Aldo and he got injured - and by all accounts, Conor had damaged his knee again on the world tour. If he pulled out of that fight, he's losing the UFC and himself millions. Some fighters in a similar situation to Conor can/will pull out and wait for their title shot. When it was time to put up or shut up, he took on the replacement fight. If he lost that, things could have being very different.

The same with 196 - dos Anjos pulled out injured and same scenario; Conor could have sat out and waited. And again, after the fight, there was talk of Conor having staph during his camp and a chest infection the week of the fight. Plus, he agreed to fight at 170 which gave Diaz ample time to cut less weight. I think you get my point by now. I'm not trying to blow smoke up Conor's arse, but he plays the game of risk and reward - and all the while having a lot more to lose than other fighters who are just as active as him and go in to fights with something wrong with them - which is a given in MMA.

I could turn it on the flip side and mention how Diaz with a full camp was going to crush him according to a lot of fans and analysts or that once Alvarez got him in the clinch he'd grind him out. In the name of sport did Conor deserve the LW title shot? No. That was his first time fighting at LW in the UFC. But again; I'm not going to pretend I don't understand why that fight was made. This narrative that he gets handed everything on a plate for him is nonsense.

No, that's actually what happened, I didn't make up anything or try to justify it with PPV sales like you morons do

Ahaha I love how sad idiots like you predicts Conor will always lose to the next guy and suddenly become irrelevant. SAD!

Conor will go down as the Muhammed Ali of MMA and salty bitches like you only makes it even sweeter.

Conor got finished less than a year ago. He was gifted a title shot and he won. *IF* he defends the title against Khabib or Ferguson, he loses, and badly
This is probably the most poorly constructed sentence I've ever seen. English much, dude? Jesus.

Conor is the only one now that'll bring in big numbers. Someone will come around, and they have some fighters that are potential stars in the making. Who would you say is second to Conor? probably still Ronda which is bad.
There's really no other draws now, no one that could even guarantee 300k+

Sorry, I meant for the LW belt but however, I'd like to see him fight Aldo again, too. Though if you're in Conor's position and you're offered the chance to win a second belt, you'd be crazy not to take it. But even though Alvarez was the champion - he was the one with more to gain just from getting that fight. Regardless of whether you don't like or like Conor, that's just the way it is. It's a bit odd that people don't get riled up when champions call him out.

I sincerely doubt Dana and co. give a flying fuck about history being made. Money and exposure is their main agenda. What's in it for them if Conor wins two belts? The only person or people that's relevant to is Conor and his team. Well, rewind back to 189 when he was two weeks out from fighting Aldo and he got injured - and by all accounts, Conor had damaged his knee again on the world tour. If he pulled out of that fight, he's losing the UFC and himself millions. Some fighters in a similar situation to Conor can/will pull out and wait for their title shot. When it was time to put up or shut up, he took on the replacement fight. If he lost that, things could have being very different.

The same with 196 - dos Anjos pulled out injured and same scenario; Conor could have sat out and waited. And again, after the fight, there was talk of Conor having staph during his camp and a chest infection the week of the fight. Plus, he agreed to fight at 170 which gave Diaz ample time to cut less weight. I think you get my point by now. I'm not trying to blow smoke up Conor's arse, but he plays the game of risk and reward - and all the while having a lot more to lose than other fighters who are just as active as him and go in to fights with something wrong with them - which is a given in MMA.

I could turn it on the flip side and mention how Diaz with a full camp was going to crush him according to a lot of fans and analysts or that once Alvarez got him in the clinch he'd grind him out. In the name of sport did Conor deserve the LW title shot? No. That was his first time fighting at LW in the UFC. But again; I'm not going to pretend I don't understand why that fight was made. This narrative that he gets handed everything on a plate for him is nonsense.

"Fourteen weeks before the fight I tore 80 percent of my ACL," said McGregor during a fan Q&A in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. "I could barely walk, I could barely kick."

3 1/2 months, not 2 weeks... Incase you didn't know, Conor McGregor loves money. So of course he's still going to fight if someone pulls out, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't fight. Plus he fought for an interim title in one of them, and the other was Cabo Nate at WW. It gave him a built in excuse if he lost, and he did, and excuses were used

"Fourteen weeks before the fight I tore 80 percent of my ACL," said McGregor during a fan Q&A in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. "I could barely walk, I could barely kick."

3 1/2 months, not 2 weeks... Incase you didn't know, Conor McGregor loves money. So of course he's still going to fight if someone pulls out, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't fight. Plus he fought for an interim title in one of them, and the other was Cabo Nate at WW. It gave him a built in excuse if he lost, and he did, and excuses were used

No, Aldo was injured 2 weeks out from the fight.

You potentially earn more money by winning fights, not losing them.

As for excuses being made - where they similar to Aldo post fight saying "that wasn't much of a fight. We need to do it again" and then later calling it a "lucky punch" or after the second Diaz fight when the first words out of his mouth were that he hurt his right knee, couldn't spar for long periods of the camp and the decision didn't go his way because he was too real for the sport. Whatever that means.

In terms of putting butts in seats, who's there aside from Conor? The average fan doesn't really care about DC, Bisping, or any other champ to rival Conor's draw. Isn't it very dangerous for the UFC to be this low on star power ?

let's be honest, now without Ronda and no ppv draws in the horizon, McGregor is the sole draw now, and he will do as he pleases in the UFC

I mean, he already does that, but now it's going to be even worse because any potential draw is MIA. Ronda just badly lost, Jon Jones is MIA, and all the other champions combined don't sell well enough

so, it's time to bury McGregor. he's already ducking competition with the child excuse, waiting to see if Khabib and Ferguson fight and one of them gets out of the title picture. but maybe he is going to box, get humiliated there and come back to fight MMA, all of this while holding the LW belt hostage. this is going to be a disgrace

and I'm calling it now, they will try to force Khabib fight Aldo, because Aldo probably beats him and then he can have a favorable matchup for the LW title defense

No, Aldo was injured 2 weeks out from the fight.

You potentially earn more money by winning fights, not losing them.

As for excuses being made - where they similar to Aldo post fight saying "that wasn't much of a fight. We need to do it again" and then later calling it a "lucky punch" or after the second Diaz fight when the first words out of his mouth were that he hurt his right knee, couldn't spar for long periods of the camp and the decision didn't go his way because he was too real for the sport. Whatever that means.

Yes, those were excuses, doesn't erase Aldo's dominance of the division for the previous years and the fact that other than Anderson, Aldo was the most deserving of a rematch regardless of how the fight ended. And you can bet your ass that if Aldo/Conor happened at 189 and Conor lost, the ACL would've been the first thing out of his mouth

As for Nate, that's just a Diaz thing

Man every few years people say the same thing. Before it was gsp, and Anderson, now it's Conor. UFC can always have new stars, it's the nature of the sport. 2015 and 2016 have been great years for mma and UFC, but 2013-2014 were pretty horrible (except for the goat fighter, TRT vitor).

Man every few years people say the same thing. Before it was gsp, and Anderson, now it's Conor. UFC can always have new stars, it's the nature of the sport.

in the older days, being the champ wasn't always the drawing power - just seeing names like Shogun, Chuck, Rampage would get people interested; let alone GSP, Silva, Brock, or Penn.

Now, even the champs have no drawing power.

UFC's fault really.

They put all their eggs in a couple baskets. 95% of their promotional effort was behind 2 or 3 fighters,.....the rest got almost no push, no support...nothing.

It was easy to push the fighters that got picked up by TMZ and social media....and it worked, for those events alone.

The rest, as you say, have no name recognition amongst those casual fans they so much want.

They have no one else to blame but themselves.

Colin is the chosen one.

Tree belts soon!

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Conor's stock just went up. His next ppv will be big that's for sure. Unfortunately the ppvs in between will do less than 500k. He will use this and when he gos to the table will be saying shit like my ppvs do tree times tree times anyone else's

in the older days, being the champ wasn't always the drawing power - just seeing names like Shogun, Chuck, Rampage would get people interested; let alone GSP, Silva, Brock, or Penn.

Now, even the champs have no drawing power.
The way to fame just changed. That's why you see people trying to talk like Conor now. Things always move and it's up to the fighters to catch up or be left behind (like with all careers).

Back