All of a sudden Izzy is ready?

The fact that Izzy is moving up to 205 this early in his ufc is impressive......We’ve been waiting for Jones to do it for a decade...but if you want to see it as a negative thing ...it is what it is
Jon Jones is 33, Izzy is 31. Izzy competed at heavyweight as a kickboxer. Was he undersized? Probably. But the fact is he could have debuted at 205. So no, he doesn’t get credit for moving up faster than Jon dude. It’s disingenuous to bring up “10 years” with Jon Jones because he didn’t even have his man-body 10 years ago. The day THIS pic emerged....
jon_jones_jonny_bones_main.jpg

That’s when I started the clock. It’s more like 5 years as this picture is from 2015. After this pic he fought Cormier 2x, OSP, and the Gustaffsson rematch. He should have moved up after recapturing his title then going on to avenge the Gustafsson loss because the following three fights were trash. So we’re really talking about December 2018 and beyond. I look at this as a negative because Izzy could have made the fight happen by picking up the phone and telling Dana he wanted to fight Jon before his belt was officially vacated.

When jomes was champ he said he still has business at MW and will move up on his own time, and now that a weaker guy has the belt , he is ready?

Weak ass move!

He has arguably taken out all the big guys at middleweight that are in position for a titleshot outside of the Whittaker rematch. Costa was an undefeated wrecking ball who everyone would say could beat him, Yoel got the shot because of an injury to him only. Whittaker is clearly the number 1-2 guy at middleweight.
I don't think Izzy is ducking anyone besides rematches. Whittaker using straight punches, body kicks and takedowns is his worst possible rematch regardless of their first fight.

When the time is right= Izzy hoping a heavyweight scrambles Jon’s Brain to soften him up.

Doubt it. Izzy wants to be the one to the dethrone the undefeated aura off Jones. Not that it matters because Jon will sit patiently and wait for Izzy to become champ-champ before he'll ever fight again. He's never gonna fight in HW, he'll just say he couldn't let Izzy ruin his life's work at LHW so he had to come back as the division's savior.

Doubt it. Izzy wants to be the one to the dethrone the undefeated aura off Jones. Not that it matters because Jon will sit patiently and wait for Izzy to become champ-champ before he'll ever fight again. He's never gonna fight in HW, he'll just say he couldn't let Izzy ruin his life's work at LHW so he had to come back as the division's savior.
If he wanted to be that guy he would have called Dana immediately when Jon announced he was vacating.

When jomes was champ he said he still has business at MW and will move up on his own time, and now that a weaker guy has the belt , he is ready?

Weak ass move!
He's always said IFW 2021. We're still in 2020. Talk about your guy who's been ducking Heavyweight since Cain held the belt

Izzy is scared to fight fighters with reach.
He hides behind his reach.

this shit is so funny

if a short but wide guy fights in a weight class hes too jacked for the weight class and ducking his true weight

if a tall lanky guy fights in a weight class he's too tall and he's clearly ducking his true weight

apparently you can only have one body type per weight class!

Yeah Izzy is moving up to fight the guy that ran through Reyes and caved his face in, not the one that point fought his way to a loss against Reyes ( Oops, I mean “win”). But with all of the MW rejects Jones has been taking to decisions lately, I see why Izzy would be terrified.

Last edited:
And do what, fight Jones and Costa simultaneously?
C’mon man. Don’t be that guy. Here’s a mind blowing possibility of what he he could have said to Dana....
“Don’t let him vacate the belt. If I beat Costa let’s set up a superfight in 2021.”
tenor.gif

this shit is so funny

if a short but wide guy fights in a weight class hes too jacked for the weight class and ducking his true weight

if a tall lanky guy fights in a weight class he's too tall and he's clearly ducking his true weight

apparently you can only have one body type per weight class!

The fighting style of Adesanya is pure based on his reach. Stay at distance and kick the legs. Running from opponents and stay at range to use his ridicilous reach.
I'm not saying that he can't do this or that this is not fair.
I'm just explaining why he is hesitant to fight fighters with more reach that the middle weights.

Jon Jones is 33, Izzy is 31. Izzy competed at heavyweight as a kickboxer. Was he undersized? Probably. But the fact is he could have debuted at 205. So no, he doesn’t get credit for moving up faster than Jon dude. It’s disingenuous to bring up “10 years” with Jon Jones because he didn’t even have his man-body 10 years ago. The day THIS pic emerged....

That’s when I started the clock. It’s more like 5 years as this picture is from 2015. After this pic he fought Cormier 2x, OSP, and the Gustaffsson rematch. He should have moved up after recapturing his title then going on to avenge the Gustafsson loss because the following three fights were trash. So we’re really talking about December 2018 and beyond. I look at this as a negative because Izzy could have made the fight happen by picking up the phone and telling Dana he wanted to fight Jon before his belt was officially vacated.
This is Mma ....size means much more when grappling.....as you know , but it doesn’t fit your narrative.....Jones is my favourite fighter of all time ....but i actually try to look at thinks objectively...which appears to be a foreign concept to you

C’mon man. Don’t be that guy. Here’s a mind blowing possibility of what he he could have said to Dana....
“Don’t let him vacate the belt. If I beat Costa let’s set up a superfight in 2021.”
tenor.gif

So I guess you're just being the guy ignoring the fact Jones vacated to avoid rematch with Dom. Izzy had nothing to do with it, and it was crystal clear this fight will happen somewhere along the road in 2021. Nothing wrong with Izzy gaining PPV power prior to that by becoming a double champ. I expect over 1.5 millions buys for that fight if everything goes according to plan. That's a lot of $$$ in Izzy's bank account.

So I guess you're just being the guy ignoring the fact Jones vacated to avoid rematch with Dom. Izzy had nothing to do with it, and it was crystal clear this fight will happen somewhere along the road in 2021. Nothing wrong with Izzy gaining PPV power prior to that by becoming a double champ. I expect over 1.5 millions buys for that fight if everything goes according to plan. That's a lot of $$$ in Izzy's bank account.
Lol yeah, sure thing. Jon was scared shitless of Reyes. Take a look at every rematch Jon has fought and keep dreaming. I notice you didn’t comment on how I said Izzy could have made the fight happen in place of the Jan fight. And don’t pretend like it wouldn’t have been the first time he was looking past an opponent. He made a business decision.

Would be great if this backfires and Ian knocks him out. However, I see this going very similar to Romero fight and Izzy gettint a safe decision.

Why should he debut at 205 when he usually weighs in at 184, 184.5 for all his fights with ridiculous ease. That makes no damn sense

Jon Jones has been pussyfooting on moving up to HW for years, flat out ducking DC someone he beat at a lower weight class. All of a sudden he's picked up the chutzpah to face Stipe after DC demystified him

Meanwhile Izzy with two years in the organization and only two title defenses is expected to rush to a higher weight class even after giving a firm date on when he would do so. Smells like double standards to me

Should Izzy win there's no rule that says Jon can't come back to LHW to win his belt back. Izzy should get nothing but props for willing to take on guys bigger and more powerful than him

Lol yeah, sure thing. Jon was scared shitless of Reyes. Take a look at every rematch Jon has fought and keep dreaming. I notice you didn’t comment on how I said Izzy could have made the fight happen in place of the Jan fight. And don’t pretend like it wouldn’t have been the first time he was looking past an opponent. He made a business decision.

Sure he did, " business decision" is written all over this fight, for all parties involved. Izzy is not only elite in fighting, but also makes sure he plays his hand to the best of his ability to make himself filthy rich before cementing his legacy forever.
Either way. this fight is happening mid-late 2021.

Why should he debut at 205 when he usually weighs in at 184, 184.5 for all his fights with ridiculous ease. That makes no damn sense

Jon Jones has been pussyfooting on moving up to HW for years, flat out ducking DC someone he beat at a lower weight class. All of a sudden he's picked up the chutzpah to face Stipe after DC demystified him

Meanwhile Izzy with two years in the organization and only two title defenses is expected to rush to a higher weight class even after giving a firm date on when he would do so. Smells like double standards to me

Should Izzy win there's no rule that says Jon can't come back to LHW to win his belt back. Izzy should get nothing but props for willing to take on guys bigger and more powerful than him
I said he COULD have debuted at 205. He fought heavyweights in glory years ago. He was 198 at his heaviest which is undersized and I said as much. Stop using this stupid logic of “2 years into his UFC career.” Look at his age and combat career.
I’m not the one “rushing” Izzy to LHW. His own big mouth is doing the job for him. If he kept his mouth shut about fighting Jon, nobody would be clamoring for the matchup. I’ve been consistent in calling out Jon for teasing so try again with the double standards bullshit.

Sure he did, " business decision" is written all over this fight, for all parties involved. Izzy is not only elite in fighting, but also makes sure he plays his hand to the best of his ability to make himself filthy rich before cementing his legacy forever.
Either way. this fight is happening mid-late 2021.
Sure did. <{outtahere}>
5E482F6D-ADAE-4FFC-911B-8824C74F0835.jpeg

Weak ass move!
Nothing weak about it. It's just that the mw division doesn't have a clear contender right now. this is all on jones. izzy said he was going to lhw. Jones is the one that talked and talked about moving to HW forever and never did.

Back