All of a sudden, Bellator's Pay per View doesn't seem so bad..

I've @'d him and PM'ed plenty of times and he never responds. Guess he doesn't have to stones to discuss with someone who disagrees with him like a man. <Lmaoo>
Well, to be fair, I don't know you & his history and so I can't comment on it... but it seemed like a strange thing to do calling someone out without sending a notification to them. I thought that waz a bit of a punk move, so I leveled the playing field.

To be honest, it's no wonder he puts people on ignore if you troll like this. Not everyone enjoys these types of communications. I'm not really partial to it myself.

eh, not really. there's some exaggeration in there

some profit? how much is a ppv? 60 dollars? 300k buys are 16 millions, thats a lot of money
Yeah, but we don't know the costs of them.

What we do know is that they're not in the red when running them, unlike Bellator.

Shame that it tanked.

Ah well I enjoyed it...

I'll bet you are on his ignore list & lashing out yeah?

Hey @FrankieNYC this dude is talking sh*t about you but didn't have the stones to actually do a proper notification.

Personally, I haven't noticed Frankie being biased against Bellator & I've read quite a lot of his commentary.

Soundz like you're on the ignore list too?

Anywayz... how would you even know anything about Frankie's methods? You are just talking sh*t... which is exactly the kind of people that I can imagine @FrankieNYC would put on ignore.

Don't feed ...
Members with comprehension know the deal.

Imagine the level of stupid to think that the guy that consistently post the real numbers UFC pays its roster & how badly they underpay is a shill.
You have to be born that stupid. You cannot learn it.

Yeah, but we don't know the costs of them.

What we do know is that they're not in the red when running them, unlike Bellator.
you think they were running on the red when lorenzo was in charge? when they made 300k ppv buys? imagine now with WME cutting lots of costs

you think they were running on the red when lorenzo was in charge? when they made 300k ppv buys? imagine now with WME cutting lots of costs

Hey man
What is the debate?
I'm lost
Is it where UFC makes money on a PPV?

You're misunderstanding me, I meant that regardless of how low a UFC PPV might do, they still won't be on Bellator's position.

Hey man
What is the debate?
I'm lost
Is it where UFC makes money on a PPV?
Not really a debate; I said that the UFC having moderately low numbers doesn't put them in Bellator's position, as they are not investing as much in a lone show.

Maybe I worded it wrong and Toco misunderstood my meaning.

Is it still haram to give Scott Coker the credit he deserves? Or are we going to pin Bellators success on something else?

Not really a debate; I said that the UFC having moderately low numbers doesn't put them in Bellator's position, as they are not investing as much in a lone show.

Maybe I worded it wrong and Toco misunderstood my meaning.

Gotcha
I was confused by the back/forth.

The two companies are about as vastly different from a business perspective as you can get within the "MMA" business.

The DAZN deal is a big deal for Bellator.
They are getting $33.3m per for 3 years guaranteed with an option for 2 more if DAZN wants.
That is more than they grossed in 2017 (around $20m according to Nash)

yeah I was just trying to saying like how 300k (even 200k) is not a bad number for a ppv. it's not great but I suppose they still make money when its 200k~.

now sonnen and wanderlei was 95k, that's tough. not sure why they rushed to make a ppv so soon, they made the same mistake bjorn made and they tanked hard like he did too

did you just compare 130K to 400k?

TS just went full retard

Isn’t Bellator where mma fighters go past their prime? Or is that just ufc propaganda?
Propaganda. There are more than i few former bellator current UFC fighters and one was even champ.

300k PPV buy, 700k in illegal streamers....

Its not that the UFC is dying, its that its easier to find and use illegal streams to watch events.

Same thing happened to digital music when Napster was launched. Sales went through the floor. Were less people listening to music? Nope. It just got easy enough for the average non techie to be able to download their favorite music.

Personally I don't stream and have no interest in doing so. Perhaps what the UFC should do is significantly reduce the price of its PPV events.

The streamers are watching glitchy crappy quality streams. If a PPV event was $20, they might be tempted to spring for it to watch something resembling HD quality.

That's why digital books have made a huge comeback in sales. For awhile, ebook piracy was rampant. Authors like J. K. Rowling flat out refused to release ebooks because they knew it would kill their book sales.

Today ebooks are much cheaper than paper books, especially with the advent of self publishing. As a result, people are willing to spend 3-4 bucks on a book that previously cost 15-20 bucks rather than pirate it.

i liked strikeforce much better from the actual roster to the prod. and announce team. the name sounded kinda cool too. "bellator" sounds ugly to me

yeah I was just trying to saying like how 300k (even 200k) is not a bad number for a ppv. it's not great but I suppose they still make money when its 200k~.

Depending on who is on the card & where the card takes place will determine the money they need to recoup.
The reason Bellator lost millions is due to being in NYC.
MSG is by far the most expensive arena in the world to do PPV from.
Their rental fee for PPV might be near $1m
Plus the unions in NYC & the OT are insane
Add in hotels, etc. & doing the PPV in NYC was a crazy idea.

Plus UFC gets a lot more per PPV.
They make about an average of about $40 per PPV.
Reason is they get a higher % from providers because they are the biggest PPV provider there is, plus they get a lot higher % from non traditional PPV outlets (streaming).

If Bellator did 100k they only made about $2.5m due to a low $49.99 price.

With UFC, a 100k PPV brings in about $4m.
So depending on arena rental & salary, the bottom line changes per event

UFC makes money on PPV

Bellator loses money

Thats why UFC does PPV every month and Bellator hasnt done another one, cause they were expecting 250k and they got around 100k, if that. They took a bath on that show.

UFC can do a 150k buy PPV and still make money because those shows dont have fighters making a ton of money on it. If they had to pay Jon Jones million to fight on a PPV and he did 150k then they lose their ass on it but when you are paying Nunes a few hundred K it means they make money.

Back