All of a sudden, Bellator's Pay per View doesn't seem so bad..

I think he means similar to what the WWE offers where you subscribe monthly & get access to EVERYTHING from PPVs, small shows, TUF, etc. Whereas presently all these shows are all over the place & blocked by several paywalls fragmenting the audience.

I'm in the UK and we get everything on Fightpass, PPV's are up about a few days to a week after the event.

Bellator needs to stop messing around and be more consistant. You cant have 3 fights in a row then dissapear for a month. Its hard to keep interested even though I watch every card. At least space your fights out so there is consistancy. It is the one thing they lack right now, that and tape delaying the west coast. Also need to move more bigger cards on to saturday timeslot.

you do realize the UFC has never been filled with a bunch of ppv stars. It's always been a few guys who carry the banner. When you're making 350 million per year from Reebok/Espn all you need is a couple guys who really sell.

This is how it always works. Someone like Adesanya, Costa, or Omalley will become a star and be the next guy to sell tons of ppvs.

the question is how long they want to operate on that model, considering how inconsistent and risky it inherently is

Lol i love Bellator stans. Ufc does a 300k ppv, omg the Ufc is dying. Bellator does 80,000 well thats not bad.

Btw Conor vs Khabib is going to do at least 1.5 million ppv buys. Tell me again how ppv is dying?
Ha, the logic of this post. Yes let’s ignore the trends and use the aberration! He got 4 Ds, a C, an F, but look at the A in gym class!
Using one fight after a guys been away from the octagon for nearly two years, as an example of a business model is beyond idiotic.

I'll be impressed when they have Chuck vs Wanderlei headline a card in 2020.

Ha, the logic of this post. Yes let’s ignore the trends and use the aberration! He got 4 Ds, a C, an F, but look at the A in gym class!
Using one fight after a guys been away from the octagon for nearly two years, as an example of a business model is beyond idiotic.

Right just like thinking the ppv model is done after decades of it working because the UFC's 3 big stars all left at the same time is stupid too right?

You realize everyone said the same thing after Gsp left and Anderson got suspended? Then came Ronda and Conor. People's memories are so short. This happens over and over again.

Wasn’t that their first ever PPV? So doing ~100k buys when you put on your first PPV and try to stack it as much as you can is now a success? It’s not terrible but it surely isn’t good and it will take a lot of time to reach 200-300k buys and they most likely never will. UFC could put that new woman champ who will face Schevchenko as the main event supported by a bunch of no-name women and they would sell more than Bellator.

As a fan I dont care about the numbers, thats for the bean counters...

Bellator has a lot of great fighters and they dont fuck with USADA. I look forward to their events as well as RIZIN and ONE.

Bellator has a lot of great fighters and they dont fuck with USADA. I look forward to their events as well as RIZIN and ONE.

So it's a plus their fighters can more easily do steroids, wtf?

Its not bad tho Wandy vs Rampage is a freak show fight at this point in their careers.

Lol i love Bellator stans. Ufc does a 300k ppv, omg the Ufc is dying. Bellator does 80,000 well thats not bad.

Btw Conor vs Khabib is going to do at least 1.5 million ppv buys. Tell me again how ppv is dying?

They have entirely different overheads. Bellator could very well have higher profit margins on an 80,000 PPV than the UFC does on a 300k.

Conor Khabib is going to be expensive as FUCK. From the fight purses to the promotion to the production at the venue. Every dollar they spend negates PPV buys. If they spend 3x as much to get 3x the views, it's no different than any other card

Bellator could put on a couple nice ppvs actually if they sign Eddie & re-sign Chandler. Assuming the favorites win in the upcoming Bellator cards(Mousasi, Fedor, Bader). It would help if Rory doesn't get outclassed badly & if Pico beats Hugo.

Mousasi vs Machida
Fedor vs Bader
Chandler vs Alvarez 3
Rory vs Fitch
Big Country vs Rampage
King Mo vs Carvalho
Pitbull vs Pico
Koreshkov vs MVP
Chael vs Vitor?
Cro Cop vs Kharitonov

+ Lavato Jr. Tyrell Fortune, Wanderlei, Bendo, Jack Swagger debut, Chidi, Danis, Phil Davis, McKee, Caldwell, Primus, Schlemenko, Gallagher, & Michael McDonald.

I like what Bellator is doing. Hope they can sign Sage Northcutt as well any other UFC fighter that tests free agency.

Bellator could put on a couple nice ppvs actually if they sign Eddie & re-sign Chandler. Assuming the favorites win in the upcoming Bellator cards(Mousasi, Fedor, Bader). It would help if Rory doesn't get outclassed badly & if Pico beats Hugo.

Mousasi vs Machida 2
Fedor vs Bader
Chandler vs Alvarez 3
Rory vs Fitch
Big Country vs Rampage
King Mo vs Carvalho
Pitbull vs Pico
Koreshkov vs MVP
Cro Cop vs Kharitonov

+ Lavato Jr. Tyrell Fortune, Wanderlei, Bendo, Jack Swagger debut, Chidi, Danis, Phil Davis, McKee, Caldwell, Primus, Schlemenko, Gallagher, & Michael McDonald.

I like what Bellator is doing. Hope they can sign Sage Northcutt as well any other UFC fighter that tests free agency.
Sage would never leave the UFC. He gets like 80/80 and is a proven draw for them. He also has plenty of sponsors (as his management are not incompetent idiots).

TS, go look at what Scott Coker himself said what they needed to make, and what they were hoping to do. That was, indeed, a shit event for them. They lost a ton of money on it.

Mousasi vs Machida
Fedor vs Bader
Chandler vs Alvarez 3
Rory vs Fitch
Big Country vs Rampage
King Mo vs Carvalho
Pitbull vs Pico
Koreshkov vs MVP
Chael vs Vitor?
Cro Cop vs Kharitonov

Is Sage a free agent or something?

I'm in the UK and we get everything on Fightpass, PPV's are up about a few days to a week after the event.

I'm in the UK and honestly didn't know that so thanks.

Back