All my Charlie Z fans...

If a rabid dog was biting your leg, would you just let it go and say "well, he's just sick. Best to let him be"?

Nobody can just be a fuckwit any more, it's ADHD, or, PTSD, or delusions of grandure.
I'll admit I thought it was too far when he took the guy down, but everything before that I had no problem with.

If a rabid dog was biting your leg, would you just let it go and say "well, he's just sick. Best to let him be"?

Tell the cops don't shoot him in a hot second as he can possibly be treated for his mental disorder:icon_twis

We put down rabid dogs. So I guess you'd be cool with someone murdering Charlie Z?

I know he's an asshole, and I'm not even saying that he doesn't deserve what he gets. My problem is the idea that he will be taught any kind of "lesson" by those who whoop his ass. Everybody who beats on him with the idea that they'll stop him from doing this is only feeding his ridiculous sense of self-importance.

^^^I think he was joking to illustrate a point Dude.

True story.
I treat dogs way better than people.
:)

His point was poorly made. You can't compare a person to a rabid dog, because you can't treat people the way you treat dogs.

I'm in the middle on this. Its best to ignore Charlie and kick him out of any club he walks in to stop feeding his issues, but he also can't be ignored once he's in your face.

And someone eventually WILL put down Charlie. He'll talk to the wrong person and they will just shoot him or something. That will be tragic and unfortunate but more than likely eventually. Or he'll run off to someone who will meet him in an alley and bash his skull in. Then he'll end up just like that rabid dog.

If he's actually messed in the head, then he should be locked away and gym owners should start calling the cops on him.

His point was poorly made. You can't compare a person to a rabid dog, because you can't treat people the way you treat dogs.

Ummm, not really D. Look up how many times we have put people to death in the USA with mental issues. So obviously, we DO treat people alot like dogs in that regard.

It is not a "rare" occurance either. As a matter of fact you dont have to go very far back in history to know that we have put 14-15 yr old mentally retarded children to death in this country.

-Since 1983, over 60 people with mental illness or retardation have been executed in the United States.

-It is conservatively estimated that 5-10% of death row inmates suffer from serious(KEYWORD) mental illness.

-Research has shown that nearly ALL Death Row inmates suffer from brain damage due to illness or trauma, while a vast number have also experienced histories of severe physical and/or sexual abuse.

Legislation has been passed barring the execution of juvenile or mentally retarded individuals(a more recent development). While it is unconstitutional to execute the insane, those suffering from other or lesser mental illnesses are insufficiently protected under the law.

I just think you guys should get some picket signs and go actually DO SOMETHING at your local prisons. Something more than finger shaking on Sherdog. Go to a homeless shelter and pick up a few of the fellas and give them a couch to crash on for a few nights. I mean, if it is such a travesty stop typing and start effecting legislation. Dont just talk about it, be about it! I spend 3 hrs a day, 4 days a week volunteering for what I believe in. How about you??? Send Charlie a few bucks so he can get the medical care that he needs or something.

Last edited:
This is kind of a silly argument to carry, Pug. So 10% of death row inmates are mentally ill and we put them down? And how many of those compared to the entire population of mentally ill people?

I'm not even arguing that Charlie doesn't deserve an ass whooping. I'm just saying, this is a really weird argument you're making.

Did you see that NEARLY ALL of them have severe brain damage? That means over 90% of the people that we put do death have more serious mental issues than Charlie Z. Why aren't you and the rest of the country up in arms over that? Oh, you never thought of that.lmao You dont see how that relates? Well, then there really isn't a point debating with you because the point is quite obvious.

Man down.lmao

Did you see that NEARLY ALL of them have severe brain damage? That means over 90% of the people that we put do death have more serious mental issues than Charlie Z. Why aren't you and the rest of the country up in arms over that? Oh, you never thought of that.lmao You dont see how that relates? Well, then there really isn't a point debating with you because the point is quite obvious.

Man down.lmao
Nice. You won the tangent

I'm not even sure what the hell he is trying to prove here. Brain damage does not equate mental illness, I likely have a degree of brain damage because of karate and kickboxing.

I'm backing out of this one because I see no point.

^^^You are selectively reading Juk, it also said that more than 60% of them are mentally ill. That means the majority.

So your point about "brain damage not equating to mental illness" may stand, but does the 60% that are mentally ill equal "mental illness?" Yes it does, so more than half of the people that we put to death have mental illness. The original point was addressing D saying that that we don't treat people like sick dogs, and I argued that we do more than we either like to admit or are aware of. The other point is why aren't people more up in arms about people mentally ill people being killed by the state, than they are about Charlie Z getting the asskicking that he begged for? Backing out is wise at this point.

Its all good Brother. Im just having some fun pointing out what I see as message board hypocrisy. Shit, its a slow day at work...lol

Nah son, there's a difference between a rabid dog jumping out from behind a fence and you letting a dog you know is rabid into your gym... then punishing it for being what it is.

You guys who keep making excuses for/feeling sorry for this clown are the ones enabling him. He's NOT mentally iIl as in someone should be taking care of him. He's just a guy who wants/needs attention and will do anything to get it. Before he came to Tocco's he called the Gym on the phone and asked if we'd help him stage a scenario where he knocked one of our fighters out, and he'd pay the guy $400. He wanted us to make it look like a real fight. When I refused and told him no one would go along with that, he showed up to the Gym anyway, snuck in with a trainer who we're familiar with, then picked the fight with Floyd Sr. His Father used to follow him around asking for sympathy for him, telling people some story about how his Mother dying or something like that messed him up, but it turned out to be BS and some people pegged his Father as going along with the act. He picks fights with people and swings as hard as he can. When you try to show him any compassion, he'll attack you when you're not looking and try to wail on you. You cant say he has no sense of self-preservation because when he knows he's gonna get it he tries to get away or get out of it. It's easy to preach about taking the high road when you dont have a dingbat like this trying to wail on you while you argue for him. Trust me, he's not worth that much consideration...and until you've actually been hounded and followed around by a guy like this (he doesnt go away until he gets the attention he wants)...then dont try to be all "oh well I'd just ignore him." Deontay Wilder did ignore him until Charlie started speaking suggestively about his Family, including his for real crippled daughter. That's the kind of asshole this kid is. So whatever end this all comes to, he deserves it.

Damn , I really started to feel bad about this guy but after reading this fuck him. His father is in it too ? wow. Hopefully someone else gives him another beating.

Last edited:
^^^You are selectively reading Juk, it also said that more than 60% of them are mentally ill. That means the majority.

So your point about "brain damage not equating to mental illness" may stand, but does the 60% that are mentally ill equal "mental illness?" Yes it does, so more than half of the people that we put to death have mental illness. The original point was addressing D saying that that we don't treat people like sick dogs, and I argued that we do more than we either like to admit or are aware of. The other point is why aren't people more up in arms about people mentally ill people being killed by the state, than they are about Charlie Z getting the asskicking that he begged for? Backing out is wise at this point.

Its all good Brother. Im just having some fun pointing out what I see as message board hypocrisy. Shit, its a slow day at work...lol

Sorry, misread it. So 60%. It's still misleading, we aren't putting down 60% of the mentally ill in the US.

I get your overall point, but the rabid dog thing is... odd....

thanks for stating the obvious sinister, sometimes it takes someone with authority over these morons to put them in place.

for the rest of you soft hearted, narccisist enablers you should be ashamed of your arrogant and assumptious moral highground. i spit on your value system

thanks for stating the obvious sinister, sometimes it takes someone with authority over these morons to put them in place.

for the rest of you soft hearted, narccisist enablers you should be ashamed of your arrogant and assumptious moral highground. i spit on your value system

lol Moral high ground. I'll kick a guys ass if he needs it. Just not some crazy off the street, who happens to know how to use a computer. Which is exactly what Zelenoff is.

Also about the choke, no offense but you don't know what you're talking about. Every stasis of blood causes major turbulence when the flow starts again, which in turn could lead to clotting or damage in the arteries. Anyway the point I was making is, of course he's not gonna be brain dead, but holding on to a choke while he's tapping, screaming, and have other guys trying to pull you off, well you don't do shit like that in a gym. If you can even call that a gym, Dejon ;).

Do you understand how the cardiopulmonary system works? If you are referring to Virchow's Triad, you're way off -- the stasis refers to a long-term disorder such as prolonged immobility, mitral stenosis, venous/arterial insufficiency, and other vascular disorders, not short term physical obstructions of circulation in one part of the body. If what you said were correct, you'd have hemorrhagic CVA's left and right at judo and jiujitsu tournaments or a rash of amputations due to one's foot falling asleep. Turbulence in blood flow does not cause clotting or damage; rather, clotting is due to endothelial damage in the walls of blood vessels either due to severe trauma (motor vehicle accidents, etc.) or hypertension, resulting in the accrual of platelets, low density lipoproteins, leukoctyes, and other various and sundry cell and associated cell debris on the damaged region -- should this stack of cells dislodge, then there is risk of thrombosis. If a hypertensive individual were placed in a chokehold, then yes, the possibility of hemorrhage increases, but even then, the baroreceptor reflex would likely be enough to mitigate the choke's effects on blood pressure in all but the most severe cases (i.e. those with endothelial damage already present in the vasculature). the main effect of a chokehold is the restriction of blood and therefore oxygen to the brain, and the brain can survive perfectly fine with zero damage for up to 4 minutes without oxygen. Charlie Z looks pretty damned healthy to me, so you can put two and two together about a chokehold where he didn't even pass out.

But you don't have to take my word for it, here are what my fellow medical professionals have to say about chokeholds:
http://judoinfo.com/chokes5.htm
http://judoinfo.com/chokes4.htm

Say what you want about Team OC and Dejon, I'm not even training with them anymore (although I very much enjoyed my time there), but at least get your facts separated from your opinions.

Back