All kidding aside, the UFC needs to set these young men up with some bookkeeping

I dont know if they're still doing the fighter summit but I have had conversations with guys who have been there and dana briefly goes over financial security, not sure how many of the fighters actually pay attention though.

"EVERYBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING FOR ME"

JFC.

You don't deserve shit. Most businesses have to figure this out themselves why should UFC fighters be any different?
UFC fighters wouldn’t be any different. The UFC has accountants to help them.
All the major sports have seminars on money management for rookies.
Added bonus, it would be great PR for the UFC and probably cost them nothing

Dana claims they do small disclosed pay so that fighters don’t have to report it? I doubt it’s true, all earnings have to be reported. win bonuses are taxed.
Sucks when u make little, u get taxes less.. I bet some fighters wish they didn’t get bonuses when it resulted in higher tax

Nah, he just needs to pay them what they deserve. What they do with their money is nobodies business, just pay them the fucking money they should be getting.

The more you pay him, the more unpaid tax he would owe. Not a solution.

UFC fighters wouldn’t be any different. The UFC has accountants to help them.
All the major sports have seminars on money management for rookies.
Added bonus, it would be great PR for the UFC and probably cost them nothing

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as an accountant tried explaining tax laws to Mike Perry.

But no, the UFC pays for accountants and it would cost them to have them help the fighters for free.

Not everyone is blessed with financial IQ and/or a conservative point of view.

But as we love fighting and would like to see fighters do well, we might provide some help in advance and reward them for just bleeding.

This way, their life after the fighting career becomes a little bit more bearable, when the problem we are discussing right now is actually a problem for them too.
Or they could figure it out like everyone else has to do.

Maybe we should have someone stand behind them and practice punching their arms for them in order to make them great strikers too?

Dana claims they do small disclosed pay so that fighters don’t have to report it? I doubt it’s true, all earnings have to be reported. win bonuses are taxed.
Sucks when u make little, u get taxes less.. I bet some fighters wish they didn’t get bonuses when it resulted in higher tax
Brother, Dana is not claiming to anything like that. Why would he publicly talk about tax fraud?

I'm not saying he doesn't give some guys that under the table cheddar but he ain't talking about it.

Not everyone is blessed with financial IQ and/or a conservative point of view.

But as we love fighting and would like to see fighters do well, we might provide some help in advance and reward them for just bleeding.

This way, their life after the fighting career becomes a little bit more bearable, when the problem we are discussing right now is actually a problem for them too.
Amen my brotha!! Amen

Maybe we should have someone stand behind them and practice punching their arms for them in order to make them great strikers too?

you apparently do not understand the nuts and bolts of being self employed which is totally fine but it is definitely not as easy as “standing there”

And why we are at it ..

Let's make sure they have a 401k
Health coverage the rest of their life
Pay rent or mortgage on time
Car note and insurance current
And only eat healthy foods on a list

<36>
"EVERYBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING FOR ME"

JFC.

You don't deserve shit. Most businesses have to figure this out themselves why should UFC fighters be any different?
businesses hire bookkeepers to do it themselves.

Some of these guys are making $50k a year do you for some reason think a bookkeeper is in their budget

businesses hire bookkeepers to do it themselves.

Some of these guys are making $50k a year do you for some reason think a bookkeeper is in their budget
Well then they should get better at fighting or find another line of work. Plenty of business that make less than $50K in a year that pay for accounting fees. Or figure it out themselves. Plenty of other fighters who could help them out, and that's what most self employed people do.

you apparently do not understand the nuts and bolts of being self employed which is totally fine but it is definitely not as easy as “standing there”
That's my point, no one can do it for you. Being a man means you have to do some shit you don't like in order to do some shit you do like.

I refer to my first statement and rest my case.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as an accountant tried explaining tax laws to Mike Perry.

But no, the UFC pays for accountants and it would cost them to have them help the fighters for free.
Firms would send accountants for nothing with the hope of getting investors that way. All the major sports do it.

Boxing trainer Robert Garcia sums up how much fighters should be taking home

The same, “financial counselor” if you will, can also assist you on how you spend those worthy Reebok coupons, and for future, the Under Armor discount vouchers....

Nah, that's what school is for. Parents need to teach their kids to stop taking bullshit social justice/feminism courses.

The UFC want's them to barely make ends meat to keep them fighting. The last thing Dana wants is a rich fighter who refuses to fight on the sidelines.

That’s exactly what ConMac is doing right now

Back