All JACKED sherdoggers, post your lifts!

Maybe I'm wrong.. Maybe I should just let you perpetuate in a circle of inefficiency and send a life of mediocrity in your martial arts.

It's sad to me

I want the best for my students and the people I mentor

Without them admitting they have flaws how can I do this

All the best black belts and bets sportspeople are humble, open, accept mentoring

But no, I'm a 'brown belt' in sherdog

!!!???

I'm real, wake up!

You're weird bro. No one asked for your advice. Both Sano and to a lesser extent LatFlare are old hands at this and have showed they know what they're talking about for years. You've just come in with your traditional martial arts schtick offering zero, just suggesting that you could bestow your precious tips.

If you want to be treated with respect you gotta earn it. Don't be so entitled, add to the discussion and maybe you won't have to get all butt hurt.

You're weird bro. No one asked for your advice. Both Sano and to a lesser extent LatFlare are old hands at this and have showed they know what they're talking about for years. You've just come in with your traditional martial arts schtick offering zero, just suggesting that you could bestow your precious tips.

If you want to be treated with respect you gotta earn it. Don't be so entitled, add to the discussion and maybe you won't have to get all butt hurt.

'old hands' pahahaha. These guys spend their time in Internet forums posting in stead of training hard like me.

I'm not a traditional martial art. Modern street self defence for the real world, knife defence, NHB, trapping, aggression training.

Keep wasting your time and not training, kid.

I'm yet to see anything that impresses me from these hobbyists

The shear arrogance of posting in a thread ad about being 'jacked' and then not being able to back it up when I call you out.

Says it all

'old hands' pahahaha. These guys spend their time in Internet forums posting in stead of training hard like me.

I'm not a traditional martial art. Modern street self defence for the real world, knife defence, NHB, trapping, aggression training.

The shear arrogance of posting in a thread ad about being 'jacked' and then not being able to back it up when I call you out.

Says it all

I've posted my fight videos before dude. I'm middle aged with a family I ain't got anything to prove. Unlike yourself it would seem.

Says it all
I'm looking for a way to get stronger for grappling and Muay Thai. I train two hours four times a week an hour of each. Currently I am finishing up the advanced novice lp in ppfst by mark rippetoe and am looking for a way to go forward. I'm 27 6 ft 225lbs. My ~1rm is 205 for bench, 145 press, 375 deadlift, and just started squatting low bar below parallel so am only at around 205, but can box squat on a 17" box 435 for three sets of 5. Again just looking for some advice to get stronger for my martial arts and to prevent injuries. I would like to compete in both this year. Thanks!

~DaViD~

I'm looking for a way to get stronger for grappling and Muay Thai. I train two hours four times a week an hour of each. Currently I am finishing up the advanced novice lp in ppfst by mark rippetoe and am looking for a way to go forward. I'm 27 6 ft 225lbs. My ~1rm is 205 for bench, 145 press, 375 deadlift, and just started squatting low bar below parallel so am only at around 205, but can box squat on a 17" box 435 for three sets of 5. Again just looking for some advice to get stronger for my martial arts and to prevent injuries. I would like to compete in both this year. Thanks!

~DaViD~

Hi David, thanks for your question.

You're doing the right thing by using free weights. What do you mean by 'grappling' (jujitsu, ninjutsu, aikido, shuai jiao, free fighting ) many ways to improve there. May I recommend working on endurance. I regularly do 100-150 push ups and sit ups a day and people who are new to my system struggle with this.

Aggression training, intimate your opponent using your voice. On the street this is huge and I never see it in the ring. I'd like you to do this.

Too many modern NHB fighters get hit very frequently. Work on sticky hands or wooden dummy. Shouldn't be taking blows. Look at traditional hung fu styles. It's about retraining your flinch readtion and making it functional, effective, work

To prevent injuries 3 sets 8-10 reps. Read the American college of sports medicine. Depends on the injury though

Thanks again David,
Let me know if you have any more questions

I've posted my fight videos before dude. I'm middle aged with a family I ain't got anything to prove. Unlike yourself it would seem.

Don't remember asking to see videos or ever talking about the subject of videos with you..

Don't remember talking about you having something to prove..

I have nothing to prove to anyone here. Just because I don't have enough posts to make a thread doesn't mean I know less than anyone here

You're doing the right thing by using free weights. What do you mean by 'grappling' (jujitsu, ninjutsu, aikido, shuai jiao, free fighting ) many ways to improve there. May I recommend working on endurance. I regularly do 100-150 push ups and sit ups a day and people who are new to my system struggle with this.

Aggression training, intimate your opponent using your voice. On the street this is huge and I never see it in the ring. I'd like you to do this.

Too many modern NHB fighters get hit very frequently. Work on sticky hands or wooden dummy. Shouldn't be taking blows. Look at traditional hung fu styles. It's about retraining your flinch readtion and making it functional, effective, work

To prevent injuries 3 sets 8-10 reps. Read the American college of sports medicine. Depends on the injury though

Thanks again David,
Thanks for the advice bud. The grappling is just regular wrestling and bjj both gi and no gi. I'm a huge fan of sticky hands and we do a ton of self defense stuff at my gym too with knife and gun disarms and grappling with someone on the street assuming they are armed. I also am doing 100 sit-ups a day working up to one work set I'm at 80-20 now. What type of work is there for grappling? I've noticed an increase in athleticism from simple and sinister kettlebell routine but also found I get better at that from lifting barbells. Sorry for the rant I'm just very curious about this stuff

You sir are a modern day warrior. Nah, after reading your posts you just seem like a shithead.

You are a typical krav maga guy: spend a few months in the gym pretending to eye gouge and kick each other in the balls while ya coach tells ya that ya that just disarmed a knife and gun wielding murderapist.

Ps only a hobbyist would feel threatened by a hobbyist.

You are a typical krav maga guy: spend a few months in the gym pretending to eye gouge and kick each other in the balls while ya coach tells ya that ya that just disarmed a knife and gun wielding murderapist.

I don't see how he's not trolling.

I don't see how he's not trolling.

Aye, back a few months ago it would be stopped but now I guess they're desperate for traffic, even if it is just teenagers trolling and middle aged men calling them out for being dicks.

I'm not a krav maga practitioner.

I don't feel threatened

Keep trying kid

H
Aggression training, intimate your opponent using your voice.

smash2.png

This works. Trust me, I'm 69th degree Dan in Kravwushu. Through verbal threats of intimacy no man will dare enter a physical altercation with you.

smash2.png

This works. Trust me, I'm 69th degree Dan in Kravwushu. Through verbal threats of intimacy no man will dare enter a physical altercation with you.
Kravjutsu knows what he's talking about on this one. He's an expert on intimating.

Getting back on track here.
Just turned 25 y.o. about 5'10 and 158lbs (71.7kgs). Lifted since I was about 17 and in that time lost 60lbs/27.2kg (gained some back in muscle) and had a pretty serious leg injury (semimembranosus/semitendinosus tears of the right leg) that took me away from lifting for 2.5 years.
Lifts are
Bench: 265lbs/120kgs
Deadlift: 370lbs/167.8kgs x5 (havnt maxed recently but before pulled 405lbs/183.7kgs x1)
Squat: 315lbs/142.9kgs

Just did some maxes because i had some end of the year goals so here they are.

5'10"/ 215 lbs

Bench:305
Goal was 315

Squat:475
Goal was 495. Was my biggest goal and was pretty disappointed I missed it

Deadlift:495
Didn't actually have a goal here or really max out because i was focused on squats.

Overhead press.: 135x12
Never maxed out and didn't really have a goal either

Thanks again David,

Hello,

I see some escalation and not wanting to get involved, could I ask a question as by your own admission you train people for 'street fights'.

Not wanting to escalate or jump on any previous bandwagons, why the sections I have put in bold is correct based on your ring craft experience? I am assuming you have ring craft and fought, at least in a amateur circuit, to be able to provide information such as above.

Equally, is English your first language? I ask because the level of care people show to low level things (spelling) is litmus paper to how they carry themselves and their actions in life. If English isn't your first language, then it would explain some things.

~DaViD~
I would suggest you prioritise lifting, MT or grappling as they will all require slightly different adaptions.

Also, you're pretty heavy for your height in MT.
I'm a inch shorter than you, weight at the moment 27lbs less and lift more.
When in my 20's and fight regularly, I was lighter and strong than that, and I was big for my height (although often mistaken for 100+kg due to my frame and lack of fat...back then anyway).

Back