All JACKED sherdoggers, post your lifts!

I am 198cm and currently 119kg. Back injury plagued but I'm optimistic to get back to having some legitimate strength at least.

At 130kg, I trained mostly powerlifting with some strongman style thrown in.

Squat. Atrocious. Never went above 197.5kg. Alway with a belt. Never have used any kind of knee help.
Deadlift. 240kg with hitch or 220kg for a triple. My grip was stronger than my actual deadlift. Always double overhand and barely ever chalk. Never with a belt.

Bench. 180kg with wrist straps, though I'm not sure I needed them.

Clean and pressed 130kg traditional style. No split/jerk or whatever it is called. Wish somebody would teach me a proper clean.

I had stupid strong biceps and calves. Tyre flips and movement were always my strength. Magnus Samuelsson like more than a Brian Shaw. Static strength has always eluded me but those above lifts, were after around 12 months of solid training. If I'd allowed myself up to 140kg, I'd have been sure of a 300 dead and 200bench. Not sure what would have happened to my squat but suspect it would be good.

110kg strict standing military press.
Strict curled 70kg using the Eleiko bar and plates. Seems my smaller muscles are stronger than my majors. What is that about?

Today, I can only just about start to squat again. Osteoarthritis which has good days and bad days.

I expect to be able to deadlift again in maybe a month.

Some of you guys here are really strong.

I’m 33 and I’ve only now begun incorporating olympic lifting into my regimen. btw up until about 2 months ago I was very out of shape and hadn’t done any working out in over 4 years so don’t judge!

I weigh 84kilos.

Squat: 100kilos.
Dead: 50kilos.

and I haven’t even touched a bench press.

Went to Phuket Thailand to get out of my funk, been smoking almost 2 packs a day and felt like I was dying. So found this place called Unit27 and man, this place is no joke. Learned Olympic lifting, Yoga, Pilates, etc.

Since I’ve been back, about a month now, been consistently going to the gym but I’m definitely weary of putting too much weight when doing deads and squats, scared to end up with disc. Pops has a few.

Current regimen is:

day1: squats and pullups
day2: circuit training
day3: deads and dip
day4: circuit training

Repeat.

I work out every day to failure. I start every workout with some kind of cardio. I end every workout with stretching, then sauna, then cold shower.

When I feel like I’m overdoing it I take a day off which is basically once a week.

I feel like I’m making good gains and can see steady improvement in every workout I do.

If anyone has some good advice, I would appreciate it..

I’m 33 and I’ve only now begun incorporating olympic lifting into my regimen. btw up until about 2 months ago I was very out of shape and hadn’t done any working out in over 4 years so don’t judge!

I weigh 84kilos.

Squat: 100kilos.
Dead: 50kilos.

and I haven’t even touched a bench press.

Went to Phuket Thailand to get out of my funk, been smoking almost 2 packs a day and felt like I was dying. So found this place called Unit27 and man, this place is no joke. Learned Olympic lifting, Yoga, Pilates, etc.

Since I’ve been back, about a month now, been consistently going to the gym but I’m definitely weary of putting too much weight when doing deads and squats, scared to end up with disc. Pops has a few.

Current regimen is:

day1: squats and pullups
day2: circuit training
day3: deads and dip
day4: circuit training

Repeat.

I work out every day to failure. I start every workout with some kind of cardio. I end every workout with stretching, then sauna, then cold shower.

When I feel like I’m overdoing it I take a day off which is basically once a week.

I feel like I’m making good gains and can see steady improvement in every workout I do.

If anyone has some good advice, I would appreciate it..

I'm no expert, but I am rather biased towards the deadlift as you can see from post #20 in this thread. I couldn't help but notice your comment on back trepidation with heavy deads and *for me* the best advice I ever found on the deadlift was from Chad Wesley Smith. After you have setup and right before you begin pulling off the floor, "Protect your armpits like you are defending yourself from a tickle fight". That has been very protective for my back and improved my back tightness on this particular lift.

Hope you find that useful!

bodyweight: 147 pounds
squat: weak
bench: weak
deadlift: weak
other: weak

Lifted weights maybe a handful of times over the past year. I went from struggling to keep up with getting any weaker to super weaksauce.

I will post my Squat and Bench Press cluster training videos once I find them, which I filmed everything last year before I moved for my Ph.D. program

5'9 (and a half!)
93kg
Big three
Squat 200kg
Bench 130kg
Deadlift 222.5kg

Others
Trapbar Deadlift 245kg
Military Press 85kg
Front Squat 150kg

Pretty terrible considering I've been lifting a while I'm hoping to improve on at least one of these lifts before the end of the year.
Damn dude, you’ve gotten a lot stronger than I remember!

All you motherfuckers are stronger than me.

Squat : 225k
Bench ( paused ) : 165k
DDL (conv) : 275k
OHP: 102.5k

I'm 5'10 205ish, and these are my PR.
I'm actually far from those as I have a back injury but I was close to each of these around 6 monthes ago ( prior to said injury )...
I have glute amnesia and weakass calves/traps and my mobility is awful.

Aiming for a 200k front squat in 2019 and be back to 100k press at 90k BW.
And also doing some Oly WL in the process to reach back decent levels of performance there ( 90 squat snatch and 135 clean and jerk ).
I'd like to hit a 300k dead at some point too but not sure it's doable while staying around 205 BW

5'10
150lbs

Squat : 110kg (I have a fucked knee so I doubt I'll ever try to go heavier.)
Bench: 120kg
Deadlift: 125kg

Bicep Curls: 30kg max, I could go heavier but the strain on my wrist holding 30kg is like torture. I wasn't built to be strong lmao.

Last edited:
6'0
88-91 kg

My best lifts of the last 2 years have been:

Clean 150
Bench 140
Squat 180 x6

Thanks, although I really should be stronger! Had a hernia operation last year which set me back abit.
Ouch. From lifting?

I tore my ACL 4 years ago playing soccer just as I was getting back into a routine. Haven’t done anything of note since then.

5'9' 80kg
All time
Bench 102
Squat 180
Dead 210
Havent tested max for a while but my bench is probably slightly stronger and sq/ded slightly weaker
Is that pounds or KGS?

Ouch. From lifting?

I tore my ACL 4 years ago playing soccer just as I was getting back into a routine. Haven’t done anything of note since then.
I expect it was yes, belly button popped out during a set of squats, turned out to be a umbilical hernia.

Back