All I Want for Christmas is CM Punk

So I've been doing this stand up comedy thing for about a year now, and I decided to incorporate my love of MMA for the first time. I think it went over pretty well with the live crowd, but really you guys are my target audience. I know it's a little long, but I highlight some things I've experienced in training along with making fun of CM Punk. I sincerely hope you guys dig it. [/QUOTE

Good job

Stand up takes some balls

So I've been doing this stand up comedy thing for about a year now, and I decided to incorporate my love of MMA for the first time. I think it went over pretty well with the live crowd, but really you guys are my target audience. I know it's a little long, but I highlight some things I've experienced in training along with making fun of CM Punk. I sincerely hope you guys dig it.

mirin' the forearms.

Camera trick or are those real?

latest
brutal.

Why? This is the approximate reception I'd anticipated. I knew where I was posting this. Did it anyway. Fuck it. At least someone's watching.
I once watched an interview with Anthony Jeselnick, one of my fav comedians, that the key to it all is to get on stage as many times as possible, no matter how bad the heckling or crowd is, and to not give a fuck, just keep practicing as often as possible.

You only ever see the end product with comedians, they've already made it big, you don't get to see the hours and hours they spent getting shit on at local places.

Doesn't stand up comedy involve, you know, actually telling jokes? Seems like you're just telling stories about how you trane UFC to try and impress the waitresses that work there. I do like how the guy in the corner was trying not to fall asleep while you were talking.

Had to shut it off after about 1 minute. I don't think it's the material; comedy isn't for everyone.

I gave you a minute. Nothing funny or interesting was said. You suck ass. GTFO.

Definitely need to sprinkle some more jokes throughout the stories, to me it felt more like a rehearsed speech that you would hear at some kind benefit than a stand up routine.

I'm jealous that you got a 20 minute set though, I struggle to get 5 minutes of stage time. Good luck and keep at it.

Some actual jokes would help you tremendously.

Definitely need to sprinkle some more jokes throughout the stories, to me it felt more like a rehearsed speech that you would hear at some kind benefit than a stand up routine.

I'm jealous that you got a 20 minute set though, I struggle to get 5 minutes of stage time. Good luck and keep at it.

Yeah that bar's comedy show is really casual. It usually ends up being mostly guys who are just telling funny stories that would kill in the break room at work. They let me do an hour for my birthday. Lol.

A few observations:

- TS has a mustache. That's always a plus in my book.
- That heckler was brutal. "Wrestling is almost as fake as your audience laughing." But fuck him. Hecklers are whores.
- When TS describes sparring, there are way more funny ways to go about it than "I learned I could take a punch, but I learned I don't like punching people" (paraphrasing). Like maybe, "I learned I could take a punch. My head was like a speedbag." (I'm no comic, I'm just saying).
- TS mentions "Booberry" cereal. Another plus.
It's alright. I roasted the shit out of him a while back. I'm about 24 minutes in.

Last edited:
Get your mom to buy the CM Punk fight kit for you for Christmas!

Yeah that bar's comedy show is really casual. It usually ends up being mostly guys who are just telling funny stories that would kill in the break room at work. They let me do an hour for my birthday. Lol.

Right on, I'm still at open mic level (comedy clubs), not really looking forward to doing bars but I know it's coming soon.

I thought it was okay. Most of these fucks criticising have been doing sets at the comedy store for the last twenty years, so you'd be wise to take it on board.

Back