All I can say is this card delivered...

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
I gotta admit, I'm one of those guys who is quick to shit on these "watered down" UFN cards. But tonight I'm speechless.

7 KO\TKO's.

The card was on fire from beginning to the end. I'm glad I tuned in for this one.

This is the card of the year thus far and it's going to be very hard to top.

It gets said again and again. And believe me I'm guilty of it too. I told my girlfriend this was a "shitty free card with a few good matchups worth watching" but man I'm glad I watched top to bottom. That card was quality. Some BIG performances and major upsets.

Who gets the bonuses? God damn.

People are dumb. None of these fights were worthless.

I actually thought 172 was way better. There were some lame fights on this card. Altogether it was good though. Fight night macao was also better than this.

great card. matt brown was my favorite fighter before this fight and tonite just solidified it. and philippou looked like a man on a mission, good to see him back in form.

There's nothing wrong with a card full of mid-level fighters when the matchups are good, but you can't be putting Magny or Means on main cards of anything.

Do people want to see big names or good fights?

I couldn't give a shit who I'm watching fight, as long as they bring it.

What a fitting ending. Amazing.

This is the CARD of the year.

Horiguchi fight, all the prelim fights.

Hell even Ed Herman whos usually stuck in boring ass fights put on a decent performance.

Then the 3 straight finishes on the main card.

Love it.

the card wasn't too great; the EVENT was FUCKIN BANANAS!!! I wish there were more submissions, but i'll take 7 violent finishes gladly.

nothing better than a FOTN (FOTY?) MAIN EVENT. when the main event is the best fight, it's almost always a great event.

Great car, but so was the Shogun one and the one before, crazy finishes in all man, love it

People are dumb. None of these fights were worthless.

Means vs. Magny was pretty worthless. Boring, neither fighter impressed (which, yes, is different than being boring), and it's pretty clear neither man is going to go very far in the UFC.

Well, then again, it did show us that neither man is going to go very far in the UFC, so maybe you're right.

Much better than a Brazil card where 16 people are trying to bend an arm for 5 hours.

OF COURSE cards like this can deliver. Guess what - so can your local shows. My point in holding the UFC to high standards is that THEY SHOULD BE. They have a stacked roster. Even if it's not a PPV they charge a lot for ticket prices - plus the only reason I have an expensive cable plan is to follow MMA so to me in a way it's still PPV. What I'm saying is if they're going to have cards without a lot of high ranking guys then ticket prices should easily reflect that. I might have went to the show if they priced it to reflect the quality of the card.

For me the main event brought it right up, but there were one or too fights that weren't so amazing. It was a solid 8. These kind of cards always have some nasty knockouts and fights... I enjoyed it a lot. Sleepy now.

Outstanding card, they came out to fight.

Card of the year (non PPV)

im gonna hold my hand up and say i was wrong about the card. i knew some of the fights were gonna be good but i had little to no interest in it as none of the fights seemed to draw my interest at all aside from the main event

i was wrong

Back