All hail Putin the Great: Russia to burn Western Food starting Thursday

lol Ukrainians.

GDP per capita lower than most countries in Africa.

Perennial lack of economic growth and stability from its impatient, uneducated, shifty and untrustworthy people.

But yeah, Russia's the joke here right?

Very true. Ukraine is becoming a failed state and there seems to be no way out. That alone will have a huge negative impact on Russia due to previous economic ties.

I would say the losers in this situation are Ukraine, Russia, EU (in that particular order) and the winners are China and US.

This is about more than just food, he's hitting back on US imposed sanctions, it's a pretty typical move except that he's unapologetically doing it and not citing some other reason.

When you commit to such a plan, you can't just let banned food pass, it undermines the whole strategy, and not only that, it's clearly a propaganda strategy to pull focus away from the sanctions and point to Putin "wasting" food. Forrest for the trees here.

This is about more than just food, he's hitting back on US imposed sanctions, it's a pretty typical move except that he's unapologetically doing it and not citing some other reason.

When you commit to such a plan, you can't just let banned food pass, it undermines the whole strategy, and not only that, it's clearly a propaganda strategy to pull focus away from the sanctions and point to Putin "wasting" food. Forrest for the trees here.

Also true. But why not send all this food to Donetsk, people need it there.
What bothers me about Putin is that he is propping up all these patriotic feelings among russians and tells them to prepare for worse while he himself and his oligarch buddies live like gods on earth.
Same can be said about ukrainian politicians - pocketing all the imf loan money while making most vulnerable people like retirees and federal employees suffer by reducing pensions, salaries, jacking up utility prices, etc.

Also true. But why not send all this food to Donetsk, people need it there.
What bothers me about Putin is that he is propping up all these patriotic feelings among russians and tell them to prepare for worse while he himself and his oligarch buddies live like gods on earth.

Why undermine your strategy to feed a couple of hundred people? Once you do that, you send the message that your ban on food is not that strong.

Putin is no saint, but this is a poor example to show it. Everyone always ignores the US sanctions to begin with, that hurts people also, but that is secondary to the greater strategy. Obama and Putin simply don't sit around thinking about how they can help the poor, there is much greater things at play here.

Why undermine your strategy to feed a couple of hundred people? Once you do that, you send the message that your ban on food is not that strong.

Putin is no saint, but this is a poor example to show it. Everyone always ignores the US sanctions to begin with, that hurts people also, but that is secondary to the greater strategy. Obama and Putin simply don't sit around thinking about how they can help the poor, there is much greater things at play here.

I'm pretty sure the flow of food will soon stop anyways, who wants to purchase it if it's going to be confiscated? Giving it to rebels would be a nice gesture and would probably make for good internal PR. Destroying food with bulldozers just looks wrong and gives western media fuel.

The difference between Obama's and Putin's sanctions is that americans will never even feel it while life is now definitely harder in Russia for 90% of population.
US is winning this big time.
And yes, on the larger scale, I think Putin is doing it right.

I'm pretty sure the flow of food will soon stop anyways, who wants to purchase it if it's going to be confiscated? Giving it to rebels would be a nice gesture and would probably make for good internal PR. Destroying food with bulldozers just looks wrong and gives western media fuel.

The difference between Obama's and Putin's sanctions is that americans will never even feel it while life is now definitely harder in Russia for 90% of population.
US is winning this big time.
And yes, on the larger scale, I think Putin is doing it right.

I meant that US sanctions hurt people in other countries. See Afghanistan for example, or Cuba. The point is that we understand that people are affected by them, but it's not the biggest concern in terms of international politics.

I meant that US sanctions hurt people in other countries. See Afghanistan for example, or Cuba. The point is that we understand that people are affected by them, but it's not the biggest concern in terms of international politics.

Oh, absolutely. Whoever still believes that US foreign policy is of any benefit to anyone else besides certain people in the states is beyond help.

Although, there is an exception, Israel. It seems like US will do anything to please those guys.

There is something about destroying food that is incredibly wrong to me.

Well, there really aren't many more important things you could destroy, same reason I'm disgusted when I see a river coated in chemicals, it's obscene.

Nothing. I was pointing out that the guy stuffed 1,000+ pounds of cheese in his car for a road trip.

'It's for personal consumption'

Daily%252520Afternoon%252520Picdump%252520No.87_8.jpg

lol Ukrainians.

GDP per capita lower than most countries in Africa.

Perennial lack of economic growth and stability from its impatient, uneducated, shifty and untrustworthy people.

But yeah, Russia's the joke here right?

Russia's GDP per capita is lower than; Equatorial Guinea, The Seychelles, Trinidad & Tobago and Malta. Economic powerhouses, right there.

US and its western allies should counter the (severely retarded) counter sanctions by destroying the food before it can be transported to Russia. What is Poortin going to do then hah!

b..b.bbbuuut Putin is so ALPHA??? He wrestles bears shirtless while Obama rides a bicycle with momjeans and a helmet! SISSY CUCKHOLD PC AMERICAN CULTURE! THE REAL MEN THRIVE IN THE SIBERIAN WASTELANDS.

When will you brainwashed Putin nuthuggers realize he is the real cuckhold, owned at every opportunity by Obama. More temper tantrums from a manlet who cant get his way. lol@gazprom

5 star posting right here. Putin fanboys can suck a fat one.

if they were targeting western "food" that was chemical laden, GMOs etc that would make some sort of sense

I cant see meat from Denmark being loaded up with growth hormone and the like tho...maybe Im wrong but it was my understanding that alot of the Euro countries said no to GMO and Monsanto etc

if its the case that it is clean food going to waste then thats just stupid and should be used to feed the poor as others have said

also....calling chemical laden crap and GMO infused edibles..."Food" is in the same realm of comedy....

if they were targeting western "food" that was chemical laden, GMOs etc that would make some sort of sense

I cant see meat from Denmark being loaded up with growth hormone and the like tho...maybe Im wrong but it was my understanding that alot of the Euro countries said no to GMO and Monsanto etc

if its the case that it is clean food going to waste then thats just stupid and should be used to feed the poor as others have said

also....calling chemical laden crap and GMO infused edibles..."Food" is in the same realm of comedy....

What are your views in flouride in our water?

Putin burning food instead of giving it to the poor? I'm assuming this country's right wing pundits will continue their love affair with the real leader.

Back