All greats fail by 40. Enjoy there ride there and understand.

How old was hendo when he knocked out fedor

Don't ever compare a normal aging fighter to dan fucking Henderson or even randy couture.

They were genetic freaks with skill sets that were age friendly.
Power is last to go and that's what hendo had in his hand.

Anderson as a speed agility reflexes guy which declines much faster.

You're being dumb. Anderson did well at 41 it's pretty clear from that fight if him and bisping met earlier silva is the better man.

I guess Muhammad Ali and Anderson silva are both cans since they started getting destroyed at 38

Thread title said FAILED by 40. So whether Elway carried them isn't the point. And it was originally Manning who I mentioned simply because it just happened. And QB is the most important position so it's silly to think anyone could be plugged in. Any team who wins the Super bowl is going to have a great cast, that's nothing new.

But stick to the examples Foreman, Hopkins, Couture, and Henderson if the point is getting away from you. Using examples of guys winning the biggest prize was simply taking it to the other extreme. I already emphasised the point once over the one of 5 examples someone wanted to debate. Having to do it twice is just silly.

Football is a team sport--it's a horrible example by the way. Guys like Foreman, Hopkins, and Couture were fighters who didn't accumulate a lot of punishment for the following reasons. Foreman was retired for over 10 years when he came back for the title. That's 10 years in which his brain recovered and was relatively fresh. Still though, he wasn't all that impressive he wasn't that impressive before or during that fight against Michael Moore. It was pretty fluky.

In the case of Hopkins, the only time I recall him ever taking punishment was in his last fight. In fact when they ask him how he stays around for so long, he credits his defense for not taking punishment. Plus, he's also not fighting world beaters--we know what happened when he did in his last fight.

As for Couture, he didn't start fighting until 33/34 years old. Again, no accumulated brain trauma--relatively fresh in comparison to other guys at 40 years old.

And Hendo???? Well we know things haven't been the same without the assistance of TrT. But hey, why not ignore that minor detail.

If TRT is allowed. The greats can fight well into their 40's at the top if division. This is why I'm very pro TRT and pro peds. Yes it's for selfish reasons. Because if Conor is clean. He's gonna be retired at 30 or 31. That fucking blows. I wanna see all the old timers last. Like Shogun, Wand, Vitor, A Silva, etc. Getting old fucking blows and depresses me because I'm 31. If science can slow down the aging process. Then by all means. I support it

Back