All EA UFC Demo Submissions

Awesome. I've been able to pull off a lot of them, whereas in Undisputed 3 I never managed to get much more than a simple chokes and never against the CPU.

Awesome. I've been able to pull off a lot of them, whereas in Undisputed 3 I never managed to get much more than a simple chokes and never against the CPU.

There was quite a few I didn't even know existed like the mounted triangle armbar and then straight inverted armbar from crucifix.

I never got the trophy for being in all positions or submissions (I forget). I've had the game since release day and still play it but, for the life of me don't know which position I'm missing.

Is this just another mini-game? How's the submission ratings tie into this if it's just a mini-game?

Is this just another mini-game? How's the submission ratings tie into this if it's just a mini-game?

Yeah it's a type of mini game, one person tries to reach the outside of the "gate" in each corner the other person cuts them off with the aggressor getting a chance to advance every now and then.

I still prefer the choke system from EA MMA but this one is pretty decent too.

Just like any other mini game on ea or Thq. The better the sub rating the better the chances.

Yeah it's a type of mini game, one person tries to reach the outside of the "gate" in each corner the other person cuts them off with the aggressor getting a chance to advance every now and then.

I still prefer the choke system from EA MMA but this one is pretty decent too.

I sucked at the choke system but never subbed in the joint submission system. I was always good at managing cardio though.

I never got the trophy for being in all positions or submissions (I forget). I've had the game since release day and still play it but, for the life of me don't know which position I'm missing.

Running a Clinic
Transition to all of the ground positions.

Should get just by playing but if you go for it then its best too use 2 Controllers. Positions needed are located in Start>Action List press R2/L2 to see the different ones. You need the ground ones only
(I recommended letting it come natural)

There's crucifix(mounted) and crucifix(back mounted).

Body lock triangle when you're both on your sides.

I can't think of any different ones but I have that trophy.

I'm missing some of the online ones because online broked

I know when I play I won't be paying much attention to the animation but the subs look really dumb when there are a ton of steps to them. Of note to me are the armbar (where they stand crouched over the opponent holding their arm for a weird amount of time, and even worse is the heel hook, when it started Jones was standing there holding Gus' leg, no movement/struggle from either.

They just look wrong when most UFC submissions happen more explosively, like you slap on the submission, then maybe you fight for it a bit. Or you get into the position without it locked, then BAM locked. I think the chokes are decent (except the absurd angle of the leg around the body for the peruvian necktie) and the shoulder locks look good. Another weird one is the mounted triangle/armbar, it looks fine except for the second step, where the leg isn't under the head yet.

Personally I prefer the way the subs look in the last UFC game. Also while I haven't played this one yet I don't really liked the look of the new minigame. While the other one wasn't great by any means I really felt like I was trapping them in it.

Last edited:
I know when I play I won't be paying much attention to the animation but the subs look really dumb when there are a ton of steps to them. Of note to me are the armbar (where they stand crouched over the opponent holding their arm for a weird amount of time, and even worse is the heel hook, when it started Jones was standing there holding Gus' leg, no movement/struggle from either.

They just look wrong when most UFC submissions happen more explosively, like you slap on the submission, then maybe you fight for it a bit. Or you get into the position without it locked, then BAM locked. I think the chokes are decent (except the absurd angle of the leg around the body for the peruvian necktie) and the shoulder locks look good. Another weird one is the mounted triangle/armbar, it looks fine except for the second step, where the leg isn't under the head yet.

Personally I prefer the way the subs look in the last UFC game. Also while I haven't played this one yet I don't really liked the look of the new minigame. While the other one wasn't great by any means I really felt like I was trapping them in it.

Yeah, the only thing that concerns me about the submission system is that I don't see how it would be possible to get a "flash" submission. I would hate for it to be that every time you want a submission you have to go through 20 seconds of mini-game even though your opponent might be rocked, gassed, or whatever.

Back