*ALL DANA WHITE QUOTES* - UFC 155 POST FIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE, Diaz, Cormier... 30/12

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
2012-12-13-dana-white-4_3_r560.jpg

On Josh Barnett coming to the UFC after Strikeforce folds​

"No clue."​

Mike Goldberg​

"Mike Goldberg is out for a while and I don't know when he'll be back next question!"​

Michael Bisping​

"If Bisping beats Belfort he deserves title shot, it's hard to give Belfort a title shot after Bisping because of Andersons decisive victory over him"​

Bisping vs Silva in England?

"Probably not, the time difference hurts it too bad"​

Anderson Silva contract​

"I want to give him a 100 fight deal, a 10 fight deal is essentially 3 years"​

On Mike Tyson attending UFC 155​

"He was bored the first three fights, liked Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller and thought the main event was "great""​

Nate Marquardt​

"Win or lose will Nate Marquardt be brought back to the UFC?"

"Yeah, probably"​

Strikeforce

"What happened to the guys in Strikeforce is terrible, it makes me sick, I should probably sit down with all of them. If anyone in Strikeforce is watching this right now, I'm sorry about what has happened over the last 8 months, it's bullshit, but it wont happen again, the shit is over now!"​

Judging​

"It's unbelievable, 30-27 to Guillard, I was going to say that at the Presser but I forgot. Cain Velasquez had to be sweating when they were doing the decision tonight. "30-27 Dos Santos!!!"

"They [the judges] should dig a hole and bury themselves."​

"It fucking KILLS my business, Manny Pacquaio lost a decision [To Timothy Bradley] and the first thing you think - and I hate Bob Arum, I can't stand that fucking guy, he didn't fix that fight, I'd love to sit here and say "Bob fixed it" he didn't. People think it's us and don't realize that the NSAC picks these judges. The judges were an absolute joke."​

Daniel Cormier​

"Daniel Cormier could be next in line for Jon Jones"​

Cutting Leonard Garcia and other fighters​

"Sean Shelby, one of our matchmakers, came to me during the fights tonight and said, "Dana, I don't want to cut this guy", and I said, "There's no way in hell we're cutting Leonard Garcia."​

"A lot of guys come out and do that push on the cage shit that I'd like to cut coming off a win,"​

Nick Diaz​

"We've got a lot of back up [fights] on the GSP vs Diaz card so if guys drop like flies we'll be safe"​

"Nick Diaz doesn't return my calls, my texts. You don't have to call me but you have to show up to the press conference."​

"Whether it's Nick Diaz or Anderson Silva, you have to show up to the press conference, it's in your contract, you can be cut. I proved that,"​

UFC in NYC​

"My goal is to get the UFC's 20th anniversary in Madison Square Garden,"​

"MSG is behind us 100%, they want it bad, we have a date set."​

"It's all dirty union shit, dirty rotten scummy union, culinary union, scumbags, that's what's stopping it,"​

"We have a card planned, we just have to get past these scumbag gangster union guys."​

"The feedback from the media has been incredible."​

13:45 Daniel Cormier drops in and jokes with the Press

14:18 Leonard Garcia thanks Dana White "you've made my night again".

23:58 The Tooth returns!

I want to give him a 100 fight deal, a 10 fight deal is essentially 3 years

More like 10 years at the current pace.

Daniel Cormier could be next in line for Jon Jones

Haha, Gustafsson and Hendo/Machida winner.

Great now Gus is getting passed up for a guy who likely will gas in one round and get elbowed into oblivion to go along with the jacked up 185'er coming off a stoppage loss.

Quote:
"A lot of guys come out and do that push on the cage shit that I'd like to cut coming off a win,"

what does that mean?

He was saying he wishes he could cut guys who come out to fight and just push their opponent up against the cage for the majority of a fight, even if they get a win.

why is Goldberg out for a long time?

MMAJunkie reported with a story saying Goldberg fell ill, but didn't specify what exactly.

Thanks for the breakdown my good man! Interesting stuff. Loved the mike Tyson comment. At least Dana is honest. The first 3 fights sucked ass and anyone who doesn't agree is trying way too hard to look like a true fan

I'm looking forward to the UFC in NY, will be very good for MMA

Cormier cuts a nice figure in a suit - no hint of belly, only huge shoulders. I think he can make 205.

Dana is excited for a trilogy for the money, but he didn't make the case on the merits. And even though I am down with the whole Brown Pride thing, I hated seeing Cain on a Mexican flag background. That's UFC bullshit.

He was saying he wishes he could cut guys who come out to fight and just push their opponent up against the cage for the majority of a fight, even if they get a win.

like randy did

Back