All Current WMMA Rankings - ScoreCardMMA

Calderwood doesn't feature anywhere in the Top 20 at strawweight despite having every fight but 1,in the 115 division.
fights at 125 as a catchweight bout and it gets her #1 ranking at 125 and #15 on the p4p ?....beyond bizarre.

Yeah .. that was the one thing I was giving the side eye too. JoJo is still a fighter at Strawweight ...

If JoJo fight next as SW, then she will be raked at SW.
Valerie Letourneau was mostly fighting at 135 lb, then a couple at 115 and now at 125.

UFC is ready to start Female Flyweight division.
There are a lot of natural Flyweights fighting in BW right now.
Also, several girls are cutting too much to get to 115.
I hope they will bring a few additional Flyweights from Invicta and have a tournament that would include Calderwood.

Following are Current Top 20 Rankings for the two WMMA strongest divisions:
BW

SW
g_FFtr_RkTbl_A15_115.jpg

1d15029867254a11acc676f731b19983.png

Do not really understand Rose N being ranked so high?

Valerie Letourneau was mostly fighting at 135 lb, then a couple at 115 and now at 125.

I hope they will bring a few additional Flyweights from Invicta and have a tournament that would include Calderwood.

JoJo is scheduled to face Jessica Andrade at 115 next ..

There isn't a 125 division in the UFC yet, and there has not been any official word about them starting one yet. I do believe it's coming, but none of us know when that will be, so for the moment both JoJo Calderwood and Valerie Letourneau are still strawweights.

Terrible rankings. JoJo number one at 125 with one fight at that weight? Angela Lee #2 at 105? She's never fought there. Rose is on a win streak, but should probably still be below Esparza. Rose's strongest win is against a women she also has a loss to.

has fought 11 times in the 115 division with a record of 10 & 1 because she is part of the Straw roster
1 fight at 125 and ranked #1 ? How can this be justified ?

Poor Joanne Calderwood.
Ranked #1 in the world at 125 lbs, and yet in no way close to being able to get a World Championship belt at 125 lbs.
:(

JoJo is scheduled to face Jessica Andrade at 115 next ..
There isn't a 125 division in the UFC yet, and there has not been any official word about them starting one yet. I do believe it's coming, but none of us know when that will be, so for the moment both JoJo Calderwood and Valerie Letourneau are still strawweights.

has fought 11 times in the 115 division with a record of 10 & 1 because she is part of the Straw roster
1 fight at 125 and ranked #1 ? How can this be justified ?

Poor Joanne Calderwood.
Ranked #1 in the world at 125 lbs, and yet in no way close to being able to get a World Championship belt at 125 lbs.

Calderwood was fighting Ovchynnikova, Mota and Letourneau at Flyweight.
She is a tall girl and said that would prefer to fight at Flyweight.
Jessica Andrade was fighting her whole life at 135 (18 fights) and now after 1 fight she is ranked at SW (115).
Both of them are natural Flyweights.

So, should we rank them according to the latest fight , or where they were fighting most of their life, or where is their intention to fight in the future?

Angela Lee #2 at 105? She's never fought there.
"ONE Championship" promotion changed the way they are doing weigh-in. No more cutting weigh in the last few days.
That caused each division to have higher weight at weigh-in.
Ben Askren is WW champion and last fight was at 84 kg (185lb). Is he MW now?
Angela Lee is the inaugural ONE atomweight champion.
Yes, weighin was not at 105lb. But, Mei Yamaguchi is AW fighter and Angela Lee (just 19 yeras old) can make that weight if needed.
I think you know all that, but still trying to be smartass

All hail Jojo, the number 1 125'er in all of WMMA....... give that girl a belt

Based on all Current Rankings (divisional and P4P) we can create a ranking for WMMA Countries.
Each fighter is typically associated with one country, but our system also allow to have two countries.
There are only a handful examples of female fighter being associated with two countries.
Here are a few:
  • Randa Markos was born in Iraq, but is also fighting for Canada
  • Valentina Shevchenko was born in Kyrgyzstan, but is also associated with Peru.
  • Celine Haga - South Korea and Norway.
  • Jessica Aguilar - Mexico and USA

Here is the Current WMMA Country Ranking:

g_CtryF_RkTbl_top20_a.jpg
in your face England and Ireland...... Scotland is at number 10 :D

"ONE Championship" promotion changed the way they are doing weigh-in. No more cutting weigh in the last few days.
Yes, weighin was not at 105lb. But, Mei Yamaguchi is AW fighter and Angela Lee (just 19 yeras old) can make that weight if needed.
Generally you need to have made the weight in order to be ranked in it, I don't really see how that is up for debate. Askren at least has made 170 his entire career but yes, if he is fighting at a 185 limit then he should be ranked as such. Angela Lee has never even come close to 105, there is no reason to believe she "can make that weight if needed", she is a 115lb fighter. V.V Mei being an Atomweight is irrelevant to what weight class Angela fights in.

All hail Jojo, the number 1 125'er in all of WMMA....... give that girl a belt
Poor Joanne Calderwood.

That just says how strong WMMA Flyweight division is right now.
Do you think Calderwood wouldn't be able to get Invicta Flyweight belt?
I think she is better than Jennifer Maia and Roxanne Modafferi.
And this she obviously had stronger competition and better results that anyone currently in Flyweight division.

Another question? Why is nobody complaining about Valerie Letourneau being in the Flyweight division? Is she different situation than JoJo? She was recently fighting for SW belt. Now first fight at Flyweight. Most of career at BW. She didn't look any bigger than JoJo.

That just says how strong WMMA Flyweight division is right now.
I think she is better than Jennifer Maia and Roxanne Modafferi.
And this she obviously had stronger competition and better results that anyone currently in Flyweight division.

Another question? Why is nobody complaining about Valerie Letourneau being in the Flyweight division? Is she different situation than JoJo? She was recently fighting for SW belt. Now first fight at Flyweight. Most of career at BW. She didn't look any bigger than JoJo.
Im biased but of course I think Jojo could beat Roxanne or Jen..... but I wouldnt want Jojo to fight Roxanne, I like Roxanne too much and dont want to see her get bludgeoned

Generally you need to have made the weight in order to be ranked in it, I don't really see how that is up for debate. Askren at least has made 170 his entire career but yes, if he is fighting at a 185 limit then he should be ranked as such. Angela Lee has never even come close to 105, there is no reason to believe she "can make that weight if needed", she is a 115lb fighter. V.V Mei being an Atomweight is irrelevant to what weight class Angela fights in.

Didn't you read about ONE Championship rules. They introduced fighting at "walking-weight". Multiple weigh-ins and tests before and during fight week, including 3 hours before an event begins.
In UFC you have many SW (115 lb) that walk around at 135 and cut last 10 pounds in the week before event.

Didn't you read about ONE Championship rules. They introduced fighting at "walking-weight". Multiple weigh-ins and tests before and during fight week, including 3 hours before an event begins.
In UFC you have many SW (115 lb) that walk around at 135 and cut last 10 pounds in the week before event.
She still weighs in for a 115lb limit and even before the rule changes the lightest she had weighed in at was 113.5lbs. I don't really care either way, do your rankings the way you want, I just think it's erroneous to rank her as a 105lb fighter.

ONE could call it the flippity flippity flue weight class, it wouldn't change a thing. Even before the change of the class names, Lee has never fought at 105, and has actually at cat weights of 120 before that. Yes, Mei Yamaguchi is a 105 fighter. She has really fought at that weight class. Lee has not.

My point about Calderwood being in no way close to being able to get a 125 lbs belt was a commentary on her circumstances, not on her abilities. There is no UFC 125 lbs belt. And I highly doubt Calderwood wants to leave the UFC. And for that reason alone she's not in any way close to getting an Invicta FC 125 lbs belt. I'm not saying that she couldn't get it if she was an Invicta FC fighter, just that she doesn't fight for Invicta FC, so she won't get that belt.

So #1 ranked 125 lbs female fighter, but in no way close to getting a 125 lbs belt.

My point about Calderwood being in no way close to being able to get a 125 lbs belt was a commentary on her circumstances, not on her abilities. There is no UFC 125 lbs belt. And I highly doubt Calderwood wants to leave the UFC. And for that reason alone she's not in any way close to getting an Invicta FC 125 lbs belt. I'm not saying that she couldn't get it if she was an Invicta FC fighter, just that she doesn't fight for Invicta FC, so she won't get that belt.

So #1 ranked 125 lbs female fighter, but in no way close to getting a 125 lbs belt.

Why no way? She could be very close to having a belt. Ift is nough for UFC to says they will have her and Jennifer Maia fight for inaugural UFC Flyweight belt. Isn't that close?

Back