All But Forgotten

I was convinced for years that Wander Braga could have been the greatest of all time.

Carlos Newton seems all but forgotten these days

Do you guys remember that Gilbert *ahem* Giblert Yvel actually fought in the UFC? Multiple times. Remember? How fucking weird was that?

When I was a kid and saw the gaudy record on Assuerio Silva, I was sure that he was gonna take over the world. That reminds me of John Allessio.

Guy Mezger was another favorite of mine. He was so close to beating all of the greats of his era. He really took it to Chuck and Wand before getting caught, and I am convinced he was robbed multple times of decisions in Pride against just about everyone he lost one too. Imagine if had beaten Wand and Chuck, he would have had wins over them and Tito, the 3 best of his era

And I forgot Din Thomas. Great add. Dude was top 3 in the world at one point, but never seems to get any love, same with Uno.

Also, I like the phonetics on Loiseau lol

i threw in 1 or 2 more. Shout out to the guy that said Beastman

Do you guys remember that Gilbert *ahem* Giblert Yvel actually fought in the UFC? Multiple times. Remember? How fucking weird was that?

Speaking of yvel

They need to bring madson back.

The sport has finally been around long enough that some fighters whom were at one time big names or at least very notable have now all but been forgotten.

Who are some of these all - but - forgotten fighters that you still look back on their careers fondly? What are some of your favorite moments?

Matt Hughes
Bas Rutten

I would also mention Mark Kerr, who strangely got me into the world of MMA fighting... (I was training already, but didn't know there was a show called Pride. I overheard some of my friends talking about it, and went to check it out).

The first fight I ever watched, was Mark Kerr's self-KO :redface:

Mario sperry, akihiro gono, Akira Shoji

houston alexander is for real

Genki Sudo is a guy who I look back on fondly when I watch the older UFC stuff. It is a pity that he only did fight a couple of times for the UFC. His fight at UFC 38 was great.:)

Pete Spratt. Beat up the current WW champion. Last lost to Means by nasty ko and retired. His ko/decision win over Daniel Acacio was amazing.

To be fair, nine other guys have done that as well.:D

drew the master ficket

rich clementi

tyson griffin

luke cumo

sam hoger

jason mcdonald

Jay Hieron

Wilson Gouveia

Last edited:
Sean Gannon. Beat Kimbo in a street fight, was rushed to the UFC, lost in embarrasing fashion, never to be heard of again. While Kimbo is still around, still a big draw.

And for a quick second Brandon Lee Hinkle was talked about like a potential prospect.

Nor should he be. The man had 6 total fights in the lightweight division, and he went 4-2 in those(arguably 3-3 because many people are of the opinion that he lost the fight with Dunham). I would honestly put Kenny Florian on an all time lightweight list before Sherk.

Didn't Sherk already beat Florian for the LW strap?

I miss Marcus Hicks, Devidias Taurosevicius (or however the fuck you spell it) and Doug Marshall

Back