All But Forgotten

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The sport has finally been around long enough that some fighters whom were at one time big names or at least very notable have now all but been forgotten.

Who are some of these all - but - forgotten fighters that you still look back on their careers fondly? What are some of your favorite moments?

Ricco Rodriguez:

In 1998 - 2000 he was tearing it up at ADCC. By 2002 he was a UFC champ. In June 2015 he had a fight and I doubt if there were even a thread that mentioned it.

I also remember thinking that sokoudjou was going to be a world beater.

Pete Spratt. Beat up the current WW champion. Last lost to Means by nasty ko and retired. His ko/decision win over Daniel Acacio was amazing.

there's one guy here who still has evan tanner in his sig. That always makes me happy. I thought he was the coolest guy when I first started watching MMA.

Keith Jardine was the talk of the town for a minute there, remember?

Jens Pulver, Sean Sherk and Miguel Torres were all talked about as top tier pound for pound fighters at various points. And now what?

Remember the hype that Dennis Kang had coming into the UFC? lol

MMA is weird.

Also Dennis Kang, Paulo Filho

Sean Gannon. Beat Kimbo in a street fight, was rushed to the UFC, lost in embarrasing fashion, never to be heard of again. While Kimbo is still around, still a big draw.

Mark Kerr
Caol Uno
Carlos Newton
Pat Miletich
Oleg Taktarov
Evan Tanner
Ricardo Arona
Charles Bennett
Don Frye
Marco Ruas
Forest Griffin
Chris Leben
Keith Jardine

arona, megumi fuji, heat herring, saku, pulver, dan severn, jeff monson, shonie carter, din thomas, David lowahzo, hermes franca, Marcus davis.............^^^nice i forgot about uno

Spencer fisher was super underrated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Fisher

Last edited:
Sean Sherk, not even mentioned in the LW all time discussion

Nor should he be. The man had 6 total fights in the lightweight division, and he went 4-2 in those(arguably 3-3 because many people are of the opinion that he lost the fight with Dunham). I would honestly put Kenny Florian on an all time lightweight list before Sherk.

Gono, Takase, Chonan... Wanted them all to succeed post-buyout.

Joachim Hansen used to be my guy.

Beastman, Sandman, Snowman, BATMAN oh my god I'm so sorry Kurt Pellegrino how could I forget you

Gumby, McLovin, Twinkletoes....

MMA is fun.

Last edited:
arona, megumi fuji, heat herring, saku, pulver, dan severn, jeff monson, shonie carter, din thomas, David lowahzo.............^^^nice i forgot about uno

Spencer fisher

And I forgot Din Thomas. Great add. Dude was top 3 in the world at one point, but never seems to get any love, same with Uno.

Also, I like the phonetics on Loiseau lol

Back