All about wine

I went from not liking wine as much when I was 18-20 years, but now some years later it's my favorite besides beer when relaxing.
Usually it depends what I'm eating and what kinda night I want but I prefer a bottle of wine over most alchohol nowadays.

The thing is, I am by no means a wine expert but I love red wine. I usually just buy a bottle in the price range 30-50 dollars from all kinds of places.

I'll try to find a picture of some of my favorites.

I'm playing with the thought of taking a trip to see some wine farms in Italy and France this summer as well :D

Just a friendly tip...don't call it a "wine farm" when you're actually there:icon_chee

Whenever I hear about wine, all I can think about are the 20somethings and middle aged womens who talk about drinking wine all the time.

Martha: "what a rough day, tonight I can't wait to go home and open a bottle of wine"

Susan: "just one bottle? My day was so rough I may have 2 bottles tonight! har har!"

"oh tonight is such a wine night"

Cindy: "carol, you got me a present! I hope it's wine! har har!"

Carol: "if it were wine I would have opened it for myself already! har har!"

"having wine with the girls tonight!"

"should I open a red or a white wine tonight from my wine collection?"

"it sounds like you had such a bad day, Meredith - drink some wine!"

"I need wine!"

"there are 3 things I love more than anything! My husband, my kid, and my WINE! har har!"

"i know what will make me feel better...................................

WINE! har har!"

lol, nailed it. It's like you've been on my Facebook feed. Every woman I know aged 25+ thinks this is the most hilarious thing in the world...

Also, I can't believe people are hating on boxed wine. Liquid classiness, imo...

x28lqd.jpg

Winery, or vineyard if they grow the grapes there which most of them will

Many of these unintentional aged wine are usually result of wine being gifted to a person who has no habit of drinking wine and knows little of it. They naturally don't have the knowledge or the facility to properly store wine for long term (5+ years) So even if the wine happen to be something with age potential, they are ruined by improper storage. (Stored standing up, near heat source, some place that vibrates, etc...)

Everybody says it's an acquired taste. How long does it take to get used to the taste of wine? I've tried both red and white wine a few times in the past and it just doesn't taste good to me.

It may be an acquired taste if you are young and your only exposure to alcohol is beer. Wine comes in many different tastes. If you have a preference for something sweeter, try light sweet whites first.

A more sophisticated type of hobo drunk? Because I've only ever seen people get drunk off their ass on box wine. Hell, I've even made that mistake before. Silver pouch wine just isn't classy.

Some people drink it for convenience. If you open a bottle of wine, you are committed to it. Overnight, especially if you've gone through more than half, the taste noticeably changes for the worse. Box wine, the ones that comes with tap instead of opening, prevent air from getting into the container thus remain fresh for long period of time. I drink a glass or two a day, so this is the perfect solution.

Last edited:
Lost it halfway through this post

Wine is the post-college-age women's preferred way to admit defeat

For sure. I also find it helps them try and stay connected with the younger womens as well.

"Oh, you went out to a bar last night and got drunk? Well, let me tell you about the wine that I got drunk off of last night as I was having a soak in my bathtub in my candle lit washroom while my boys were out at soccer practice."

I hear this literally non stop at work between a 30 something and a middle aged woman. This is frighteningly accurate in fact.

I have primarily worked with women in the last 5 or 6 years. And I have learned essentially

"all problems can be solved with.....

WINE!... har har!"

lol, nailed it. It's like you've been on my Facebook feed. Every woman I know aged 25+ thinks this is the most hilarious thing in the world...

Facebook is their go to source to brag about wine. Typically a picture of said wine has some red velvet baked good, or chocolate, or a candle of some sort next to it as well.

Also, I can't believe people are hating on boxed wine. Liquid classiness, imo...

x28lqd.jpg

I think wine is best kept in the box.

Otherwise it looks like you're drinking out of a colostomy bag.

For sure. I also find it helps them try and stay connected with the younger womens as well.

"Oh, you went out to a bar last night and got drunk? Well, let me tell you about the wine that I got drunk off of last night as I was having a soak in my bathtub in my candle lit washroom while my boys were out at soccer practice."

I have primarily worked with women in the last 5 or 6 years. And I have learned essentially

"all problems can be solved with.....

WINE!... har har!"

Facebook is their go to source to brag about wine. Typically a picture of said wine has some red velvet baked good, or chocolate, or a candle of some sort next to it as well.

I think wine is best kept in the box.

Otherwise it looks like you're drinking out of a colostomy bag.

Maybe I was...

Love wine, although not very good at whats good or not good. Best class I ever had was Freshman year in Culinary School. Monday mornings at 9am was wine tasting class. Love Pinot Grigio and Riesling, Moscato is a bit too sweet for me.

I went from not liking wine as much when I was 18-20 years, but now some years later it's my favorite besides beer when relaxing.
Usually it depends what I'm eating and what kinda night I want but I prefer a bottle of wine over most alchohol nowadays.

The thing is, I am by no means a wine expert but I love red wine. I usually just buy a bottle in the price range 30-50 dollars from all kinds of places.

I'll try to find a picture of some of my favorites.

I'm playing with the thought of taking a trip to see some wine farms in Italy and France this summer as well :D

Same here, I am no wine expert but in recent times I enjoyed wine more than beer not that I don't like beer at all I still drink beer a lot and have started a to appreciate foreign beers more.

I would like to learn more about wine, I hope to attend one of those wine expos, and visiting a vineyard in Europe and in the US is one of my dreams.

Reminds me that I was helping my mother clean out her house and we found a bottle of white zifandel from 1992(this was 2 years ago). I told my mom not to drink it as she keeps her house at boiling temps and you don't really age white zifandel. I knew and still know little about wine beyond that I like it enough to buy it from time to time. I know enough to know that most white wines shouldn't or can't be aged. Against all my protests she thought that she had a 1000+$ bottle of wine, when she took it to be appraised she was laughed at. So naturally, my mother did what any self-repecting woman would do when told by an expert they are wrong, completely ignore them. So she opened it, drank what probably tasted like vinegar and cat urine and to this day she still gets mad when I bring it up.

Wow fortunately no one got sick, I don't know much about alcoholic beverage so I don't know if some could get poisoned for drinking stale wine.

I'm at that age where every girl my age says they drink wine, but only if it's moscato. God damn sugar water.

Wow fortunately no one got sick, I don't know much about alcoholic beverage so I don't know if some could get poisoned for drinking stale wine.

You either get stale juice or bad vinegar. But they are not poisonous.

Whenever I hear about wine, all I can think about are the 20somethings and middle aged womens who talk about drinking wine all the time.

Martha: "what a rough day, tonight I can't wait to go home and open a bottle of wine"

Susan: "just one bottle? My day was so rough I may have 2 bottles tonight! har har!"

"oh tonight is such a wine night"

Cindy: "carol, you got me a present! I hope it's wine! har har!"

Carol: "if it were wine I would have opened it for myself already! har har!"

"having wine with the girls tonight!"

"should I open a red or a white wine tonight from my wine collection?"

"it sounds like you had such a bad day, Meredith - drink some wine!"

"I need wine!"

"there are 3 things I love more than anything! My husband, my kid, and my WINE! har har!"

"i know what will make me feel better...................................

WINE! har har!"

LMAO

This post coupled with the joker av was great.

Back