All about wine

0ur go to wine is 10bucks - tastes amazing.

I'll trade you some mead for an Opus, lol. Montana made sweetness.

81B9uze35QL._UY490_CR0,0,450,490_.jpg

I only drink red wine with my girlfriend. Prefer beer.

I love red wine. it goes great with pasta or fish. for beef I prefer beer.

I was briefly a restaurant somm. Other than Sparkling nothing on the list retailed over 25$. That wine has to be expensive to be good is an outdated idea.

Whenever I hear about wine, all I can think about are the 20somethings and middle aged womens who talk about drinking wine all the time.

Martha: "what a rough day, tonight I can't wait to go home and open a bottle of wine"

Susan: "just one bottle? My day was so rough I may have 2 bottles tonight! har har!"

"oh tonight is such a wine night"

Cindy: "carol, you got me a present! I hope it's wine! har har!"

Carol: "if it were wine I would have opened it for myself already! har har!"

"having wine with the girls tonight!"

"should I open a red or a white wine tonight from my wine collection?"

"it sounds like you had such a bad day, Meredith - drink some wine!"

"I need wine!"

"there are 3 things I love more than anything! My husband, my kid, and my WINE! har har!"

"i know what will make me feel better...................................

WINE! har har!"

Lost it halfway through this post

Wine is the post-college-age women's preferred way to admit defeat

box wine has come a long way my friend

A more sophisticated type of hobo drunk? Because I've only ever seen people get drunk off their ass on box wine. Hell, I've even made that mistake before. Silver pouch wine just isn't classy.

It took me a long time to like whites until I discovered Sauvignon Blanc. I love it. I still don't drink Chardonnay though. It tastes too buttery to me.

I used to do a lot of wine and pots when I was in college but those crazy years are behind me now

I just grab whatever cab/sav or shiraz I see on the Chairman's rack

I went from not liking wine as much when I was 18-20 years, but now some years later it's my favorite besides beer when relaxing.
Usually it depends what I'm eating and what kinda night I want but I prefer a bottle of wine over most alchohol nowadays.

The thing is, I am by no means a wine expert but I love red wine. I usually just buy a bottle in the price range 30-50 dollars from all kinds of places.

I'll try to find a picture of some of my favorites.

I'm playing with the thought of taking a trip to see some wine farms in Italy and France this summer as well :D

It took me a long time to like whites until I discovered Sauvignon Blanc. I love it. I still don't drink Chardonnay though. It tastes too buttery to me.

This is a pretty cheap Sauvignon Blanc wine I think, my dad always drinks this and now I love it as well.

balatonboglar-winery-chapel-hill-rhine-riesling-sauvignon-blanc-balatonboglar-hungary-10306125.jpg

I went through my Yuppie wine phase a few years ago.

Now, I just grab a decent priced wine, around $20/bottle at the local grocery store.

I am currently liking Sofia Rose'. It is an excellent tasting Rose' and affordable to the common man. It has a very presentable bottle design as well.

Reminds me that I was helping my mother clean out her house and we found a bottle of white zifandel from 1992(this was 2 years ago). I told my mom not to drink it as she keeps her house at boiling temps and you don't really age white zifandel. I knew and still know little about wine beyond that I like it enough to buy it from time to time. I know enough to know that most white wines shouldn't or can't be aged. Against all my protests she thought that she had a 1000+$ bottle of wine, when she took it to be appraised she was laughed at. So naturally, my mother did what any self-repecting woman would do when told by an expert they are wrong, completely ignore them. So she opened it, drank what probably tasted like vinegar and cat urine and to this day she still gets mad when I bring it up.

Whenever I hear about wine, all I can think about are the 20somethings and middle aged womens who talk about drinking wine all the time.

Martha: "what a rough day, tonight I can't wait to go home and open a bottle of wine"

Susan: "just one bottle? My day was so rough I may have 2 bottles tonight! har har!"

"oh tonight is such a wine night"

Cindy: "carol, you got me a present! I hope it's wine! har har!"

Carol: "if it were wine I would have opened it for myself already! har har!"

"having wine with the girls tonight!"

"should I open a red or a white wine tonight from my wine collection?"

"it sounds like you had such a bad day, Meredith - drink some wine!"

"I need wine!"

"there are 3 things I love more than anything! My husband, my kid, and my WINE! har har!"

"i know what will make me feel better...................................

WINE! har har!"

I hear this literally non stop at work between a 30 something and a middle aged woman. This is frighteningly accurate in fact.

Reminds me that I was helping my mother clean out her house and we found a bottle of white zifandel from 1992(this was 2 years ago). I told my mom not to drink it as she keeps her house at boiling temps and you don't really age white zifandel. I knew and still know little about wine beyond that I like it enough to buy it from time to time. I know enough to know that most white wines shouldn't or can't be aged. Against all my protests she thought that she had a 1000+$ bottle of wine, when she took it to be appraised she was laughed at. So naturally, my mother did what any self-repecting woman would do when told by an expert they are wrong, completely ignore them. So she opened it, drank what probably tasted like vinegar and cat urine and to this day she still gets mad when I bring it up.

HAHA! A finely aged white zinfandel...holy shit.

Just tonight I was at my mother in law's place and her and her boyfriend's bar stash and seeing what they had. She pulled out a white zinfandel as well, a 2001 I think. I told her to throw it out and she listened, fortunately...but I sorta wish I pranked her a bit and told her it would be worth some cash.

lmao what a dumb bitch!

Just started getting into it, due to having an internship where wine pairing and wine menu creating is a portion. I bought a bottle of Pinot Noir from france, and a bottle of Merlot from Washington. I thought that was a good start

Back