All about wine

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So are there any wine drinkers here,?

Post what have you been recently drinking, and even recommend some good wines.

lets also make this a discussion every thing about wine.

I have recently found out that I get more relax if drink wine compared to beer, it kinda gives me a high.

This some cheap Wine that I got used too. I like some Merlot too.
122ohnd.jpg

25rnmhj.jpg

Also how often do you drink, this past few months I drink almost every other day but I don't think this will turn me into an alcoholic

Last edited:
vivino app is pretty cool.

i drink a lot of south african red - i can get a lot of the 5star wines here in houston i bought while living in south africa and they are a LOT cheaper than the californian wines.

I thought this was a jones haterz thread

Hahahaha

Yes there is indeed so much Jones Hate thread more than what I have expected, but I should have known better since this is Sherdog.

The only thing I know is that I like white and red gives me a bad hangover.
Still good to sip on it with red meat.

vivino app is pretty cool.

i drink a lot of south african red - i can get a lot of the 5star wines here in houston i bought while living in south africa and they are a LOT cheaper than the californian wines.

Kaapse Pracht is a great wine and cheap as dirt. Love it.

Had quite a few Gato Negros lately. Also very good.

The only thing I know is that I like white and red gives me a bad hangover.
Still good to sip on it with red meat.

That seems to be the case with a lot of people that I know they get bad hangovers with red.

The one that I drink regularly has 11% alcohol level.

I haven't tried other wines that are much stronger than that I Think Australian Merlotts are at 13 to 14% I am not sure I have only tasted a couple of glasses in bars.

Everybody says it's an acquired taste. How long does it take to get used to the taste of wine? I've tried both red and white wine a few times in the past and it just doesn't taste good to me.

Everybody says it's an acquired taste. How long does it take to get used to the taste of wine? I've tried both red and white wine a few times in the past and it just doesn't taste good to me.

I don't think its acquired taste all the time.

My GF have never tasted Whiskey before and she does not like any type of Beer but she love wine the first time she tasted and also just this New Years eve she tried some Scotch whiskey for the first time and she loved it but she would never drink beer she says its to bitter for her.

I have found that I prefer tawny port (or porto). There are good South African and Australian ones that I can find.

I'd like to go on a wine tasting. There are so many opportunities, but I don't know anyone who is interested.

While I am definitely more into beer, I really like wine as well. I have been to 35ish wineries up here in CT, and some of them make some really good stuff.

i didnt start drinking wine until i was 30

There are so many different types man. So many different flavors, levels of sweetness, tartness, richness, etc.

For whites, If you like sweet things try some Riesling or Moscato...if those styles are too sweet for you, try out a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc with some cheese or something.

For reds, try pinot noir with something chocolate...try Cabernet Sauvignon with steak.

There are so many different types man. So many different flavors, levels of sweetness, tartness, richness, etc.

For whites, If you like sweet things try some Riesling or Moscato...if those styles are too sweet for you, try out a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc with some cheese or something.

For reds, try pinot noir with something chocolate...try Cabernet Sauvignon with steak.

I will look for some Moscatos I have been wondering about other flavors specially looking for something sweet.

Whenever I hear about wine, all I can think about are the 20somethings and middle aged womens who talk about drinking wine all the time.

Martha: "what a rough day, tonight I can't wait to go home and open a bottle of wine"

Susan: "just one bottle? My day was so rough I may have 2 bottles tonight! har har!"

"oh tonight is such a wine night"

Cindy: "carol, you got me a present! I hope it's wine! har har!"

Carol: "if it were wine I would have opened it for myself already! har har!"

"having wine with the girls tonight!"

"should I open a red or a white wine tonight from my wine collection?"

"it sounds like you had such a bad day, Meredith - drink some wine!"

"I need wine!"

"there are 3 things I love more than anything! My husband, my kid, and my WINE! har har!"

"i know what will make me feel better...................................

WINE! har har!"

lol heres your wine thread

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 10
I enjoy it from time to time. We have a lot of good vineyards in the Central Coast of CA. Definitely more of a white wine drinker than red.

Been drinking a lot of mead and apple wines lately. My "go to" wine in stores is Cheap Red Wine

Cheap-Fun-Wine.jpg

Stuff is pretty decent. I'm not as much of a snob as I am with beer when it comes to wine.

Back