All aboard the Sergio Pettis bandwagon!

he still has a lot to learn, but he has potential

138.gif

Not to be "that guy", but considering the Pettis' brothers have a TKD background, I can critique. Yes, I KNOW it's a fight, and sometimes proper technique gets lost in the shuffle. But if he would have landed that kick with the ball of the foot, he would have most certainly KOed BL. It is very strange how it landed, like he couldn't decide whether to kick with the instep, or ball. But straight on toes? Very strange. My first traditional TKD instructor would have him kicking a brick wall for 4 hours after seeing that gif...

Not to be "that guy", but considering the Pettis' brothers have a TKD background, I can critique. Yes, I KNOW it's a fight, and sometimes proper technique gets lost in the shuffle. But if he would have landed that kick with the ball of the foot, he would have most certainly KOed BL. It is very strange how it landed, like he couldn't decide whether to kick with the instep, or ball. But straight on toes? Very strange. My first traditional TKD instructor would have him kicking a brick wall for 4 hours after seeing that gif...[/QUOTE

Man good catch maybe his timing was off.

he still has a lot to learn, but he has potential

I agree.

I didn't start this thread to say that Sergio is a great fighter or that he's going to become the GOAT or even the champion or anything. He's an exciting fighter that I'm a fan of, and IMHO the best part about MMA is watching young prospects improve from fight to fight.

His fight is the one that I'm looking forward to the most this weekend.

I think he has a lot of potential.

But I also think he lost both of the his UFC fights.

I feel he looks a bit small for 135 weight class, should try dropping to 125.

this kid has potential, needs to works on his TDD and a bit more killer instinct imo
can't believe caceres is fighting faber..
if sergio won that fight, would he be fighting faber.. hmm

I don't like either of the Pettis brothers so I always root against them. I don't think Sergio will accomplish half of what his brother did, though. And the hype for this guy should have been put to an end by Caceras, you'd think.

Just curious, who are you a fan of?

You guys are weird. Sergio is young, exciting and has never said or done anything to warrant not liking him and half the thread is shitting on him. Who cares if he never becomes a champion or as good as Anthony? Its ok to still be a fan. No wonder fighters never post in this cesspool that is the heavies.

I'm bumping this because the event is tomorrow.

Exciting fighter, lots of potential, good guy, Anthony and Duke Roufus have been father figures to him since his father tragically died.

I don't understand all the hate. The guy who started the thread about people here being disrespectful is right.

That's what Nate Diaz was known as in the beginning too, but look at what he did, he made a name for himself. Sergio is still super young, he could be a breakout star too.

he still is Lt. Dan

You guys are weird. Sergio is young, exciting and has never said or done anything to warrant not liking him and half the thread is shitting on him. Who cares if he never becomes a champion or as good as Anthony? Its ok to still be a fan. No wonder fighters never post in this cesspool that is the heavies.

exactly, the sky is the limit for sergio, no saying how far he will go or what he will become. at 20 years old and already in the UFC with a solid set of skills. I hope he wins.

he does belong at Flyweight though

too busy being on the bruce leeroy wagon

loved his win over sergio

He's gonna knock Meza tf out. Love Little Pettis, he brings it.

I remember I got so butt-hurt when he lost lol even my mom was mad cuz we were having a good time watching him.

Bumped for the event today.

Nate Diaz, Anderson Silva, Rampage, JDS, Nick Diaz, ect. All had a loss early in their career. I give Bruce Leeroy props for winning, but Sergio is still an exciting fighter with tons of potential. I don't get the hate.

War Sergio!

Back