All 4 members of "Squad" wins Re-Election

I mean they won their districts like they were supposed to. Why is this a big deal?

tmp_Ki19o7_40af17c2f35eb9ca_edit_img_image_14344989_1518815524.jpg

Ayanna Pressley kicked ass in Black Panther.....

Dude i was being totally sarcastic, they're awful.

hiya Rygu,

i’m sorry my friend, my mistake.

But in a larger sense, there just seems to be a disconnect regarding the right’s hatred for these for women; either they’re really dangerous and spreading leftist propaganda and infecting the Congress… Or they are kind of useless and have actually accomplished nothing.

it’s hard to reconcile those two criticisms together. If you get my meaning.

- IGIT

hiya Rygu,

i’m sorry my friend, my mistake.

But in a larger sense, there just seems to be a disconnect regarding the right’s hatred for these for women; either they’re really dangerous and spreading leftist propaganda and infecting the Congress… Or they are kind of useless and have actually accomplished nothing.

it’s hard to reconcile those two criticisms together. If you get my meaning.

- IGIT
They're not dangerous, they're popular in their districts but nationwide they're irrelevant. AOC has a large social media following via Bernie who want things and services they don't want to work for.

They're not dangerous, they're popular in their districts but nationwide they're irrelevant. AOC has a large social media following via Bernie who want things and services they don't want to work for.

Rygu,

Well we may disagree on other things, but I think we both are agree that these four women are not dangerous.

Junior members of the house spend most of their time either agreeing or disagreeing with the initiatives of the senior membership.

To put it differently, they have about as much legislative power as the Freedom Caucus has had on the right. Not much.

- IGIT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward
The Great Leap Forward (Second Five Year Plan) of the People's Republic of China (PRC) was an economic and social campaign led by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) from 1958 to 1962. Chairman Mao Zedong launched the campaign to reconstruct the country from an agrarian economy into a communist society

https://www.businessinsider.com/aoc...he-should-appoint-progressive-leaders-2020-10

AOC says if Biden is elected he should appoint progressive leaders when asked if Bernie Sanders should get cabinet position

"I believe that it's critically important that the Biden administration appoint progressive leaders, " Ocasio-Cortez said.

"This isn't just about the progressive movement," Ocasio-Cortez continued. "This is about making sure we're not just going back to how things were and rewinding the tape before the Trump administration, but this is about making sure how are we going to not just make up for lost time but leap into the future

Exactly. They hold less than 1% of the vote and early reporting says Republicans are likely to narrow the Dem lead in the House.

The amount of attention these four get relative to their actual power is absurd.
In the other hand, their power (or influence I should say) relative to their constituency is pretty high. AOC in particular has been able to mobilize progressives in a way you wouldn’t expect from a junior congressperson. I mean, how many US representatives that aren’t the chairmen of important committees have you even heard of?

The whole point about the squad is how they are in fact a tiny group of inexperienced congresspeople who punch far above their weight class.

In the other hand, their power (or influence I should say) relative to their constituency is pretty high. AOC in particular has been able to mobilize progressives in a way you wouldn’t expect from a junior congressperson. I mean, how many US representatives that aren’t the chairmen of important committees have you even heard of?

The whole point about the squad is how they are in fact a tiny group of inexperienced congresspeople who punch far above their weight class.
I think their influence is overstated too. They are attracting people that are already progressive, in other words and they are not influencing the people in the party that matter as far as I can tell (Pelosi has famously dissed them a few times). And the right is responsible for their fame.

I think AOC is a very effective politician, but I stand by my view that the perception she is punching above her weight exceeds her actual ability to punch above her weigh.

This can certainly change, btw. She has a lot of political talent and given time she can become a heavy weight. But for now she is a boogey man for right wingers imo.

Has trump started the paper work to deport them?

this is what America looks like. I love it.

I think their influence is overstated too. They are attracting people that are already progressive, in other words and they are not influencing the people in the party that matter as far as I can tell (Pelosi has famously dissed them a few times). And the right is responsible for their fame.

I think AOC is a very effective politician, but I stand by my view that the perception she is punching above her weight exceeds her actual ability to punch above her weigh.

This can certainly change, btw. She has a lot of political talent and given time she can become a heavy weight. But for now she is a boogey man for right wingers imo.
Fair point about the right disproportionately shining the spotlight on them. Omar is a Muslim woman of color: it’s like she was genetically engineered to rustle conservative jimmies.

But I don’t think they need to outright change people’s opinions in order to make a difference. Mobilizing progressives, making sure they vote and get their voices heard is how you get the party to nudge it’s platform ever so slightly to include everyone. That is how coalitions work, after all.

As a side note, the progressive wing needs faces to carry on after Bernie fades off into the sunset and I think AOC is in a prime position to do that.

They don't have any significant power in the house but they are inspiring and helping other progressives to run for office.

Good. Their constituents deserve whatever they get for voting for these un-American wack jobs.

As we speak they are probably plotting to pass a law requiring all CIS white males be chemically castrated. I don't know about the rest of you but I am scared of these dark toned females.
White male being intimidated by strong and confident women of color.

Nothing to see here

For once they dont represent "America" they represent a district, so the question is "what have they done for their districts" and my answer is i dont know since im not from there.
Lol

"I don't know" was exactly the answer we all knew you had up your sleeve.

White male being intimidated by strong and confident women of color.

Nothing to see here
Hes a leftist you big dumb bitch! So yes hes probably scared and intimidated by most women.

Last edited:
Back