All 3 judges scored 29-28 for Costa

By now everyone should know 2 things:

Ufc mma isn't treated as a real dignified and fair sport

And

Ufc judging and officiating is a racket

If you disagree with something, call it fake or better yet a conspiracy.

The quality of strikes being landed was not close. Costa beat his ass in the first two rounds.

Not all head strikes the same. Only one guy did the chicken dance in that fight and it wasn't Costa.

Plus, more efficient strikes overall

But the fight is scored as 3 rounds... that happened in R1 and Costa won the round accordingly. 2-3 goes to Yoel.

But the fight is scored as 3 rounds... that happened in R1 and Costa won the round accordingly. 2-3 goes to Yoel.

Read the rest of my post as well then jeez

That explains how he won R2

Costa Won the first Round and the second round easily. What fight where people watching?

The 3rd round was Yoels but was pretty Close.

Costa spent the whole fight advancing and pushing the pace. He was hitting Yoel with much harder shots and Yoel was on the back foot the whole fight.

It was a pretty convincing win for Costa. I am a Yoel Fan and was happy to watch such a great fight.

I understand people get frustrated that Yoel has been on the wrong end of 3 competitive fight decisions.

Sometimes when people watch Romero fights they try to push him to win in their head when in reality he lost.

I guess you could say he Costa'd to a decision victory.

I dont remember yoel landing anything crazy. Costa was coming forward with heavy shot every round even when he was gassed.

Not all head strikes the same. Only one guy did the chicken dance in that fight and it wasn't Costa.

Plus, more efficient strikes overall
This - significant strikes name of the game. Fight was super close so robbery and poor scoring are just verbiage that should not be extended.

I scored it for Yoel.
I can understand the scoring for Costa. I’m not crying robbery. The Unanimous Decision was pretty bad though.

This doesn't make any sense. If you can understand the scoring for Costa then you can understand all three judges independently deciding to give it to him.

Well 1st off fights are scored per round

All 3 judges scored 1st 2 round for costa n last round for Romero

In 1st round both had 1 kd, however costa landed more, stuffed 2 td, was pressing Yoel . He also landed some gnp after the kd.

This is costas round

3rd Yoel lands way more significant strikes (almost twice as much). He mostly targets the head: 45-24, while costa goes for the body: 18-3. Yoel has also more leg strikes: 5-2.

This is Yoels round

Round 2 is the closest one

Yoel landed more strikes: 40-37, targeting the head: 28-24 n legs: 6-1. Costa on the other hand was targeting the body: 12-6. Yoel also got a late td to “steal the round”.

Stats wise it’s yoels round, however just like round one costa was pressing him most of the round n judges didn’t wanna give Yoel credit for that late td that didn’t lead to much.

All 3 judges scored this round 10-9 costa, could’ve easily been yoels round, however the best score for this round would probably be 10-10.

Why significant strikes and takedown stats are not displayed ?

If you disagree with something, call it fake or better yet a conspiracy.
Yea cause those don't exist at all right. The oficial version is always 100% true ;)

Not all of those strikes are evenly distributed between rounds.

I thought it was 29-28 with the first 2 rounds going to Costa. They both dropped each other in the first but Costa looked like he slipped more than got dropped from the force of the punch and he landed more and was the aggressor.

Round 2 the striking was damn near even but Costa's strikes looked a little more effective and he was coming forward the whole time so that round is his. Romero had the best single round of the fight but not close to a 10-8 so he loses 29-28.

I dont remember yoel landing anything crazy. Costa was coming forward with heavy shot every round even when he was gassed.

Basically, if you reversed this fight and Yoel marched down Costa smiling and was landing those huge bombs + the huge headkick (if youve seen the pics) and constantly ripping him with big powerpunches, like Costa actually did in reality to Yoel.. and Yoel got the knockdown on top of that (like Costa actually did,) Yoel would have got the win for sure and the entirety of Sherdog would be yelling about Yoels domination and how he took down such a beast. Trust me I can see it a mile off lol I am no Yoel hater, just 90% sure if you reversed this fight you'd hear people saying it was a 1 sided beatdown for some reason.

Last edited:

Costa won round 2, Romero was backing up almost the entire round and Costa landed cleaner shots while Romero landed like 3 more jabs. IMO better shots landed plus aggression and octagon control trumps 3 more weak strikes.

I don't see how people thought Yoel should have won the fight. Costa pushed the pace for 90% of the fight.
I was rooting for Yoel too, but cmon, he had a few good moments to get even and threw them away showboating (?)

Pushing the pace/ advancing/ aggression is the least important criteria for scoring a fight. It was a close fight that came down to a close round.

Idk to me it was an obvious 29-28 Romero. I was actually surprised when I heard the name of Costa. Even though I was pleasantly surprised by his performance and became a fan, I gave that 2nd round to Romero.
I'd have to rewatch it tho, but I felt like Costa started just walking forward like a zombie without the pressure he had in the 1st round. He didn't look the same idk.

Back