Elections All 2020 Senate Dems Absent for Vote to Send Humanitarian Relief to Border

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
This is something that bothers me, they have a very serious job to do. I just googled Kirsten Gillibrand for the fun of it and I got back how many votes she missed in the Senate. She has nothing to show for it either, all her campaign trips have returned zip. I don't like her as a senator but it would be nice to actually have 2 senators.

This probably wouldn't have passed anyway but showing up would have been a nice fuckin gesture.

All seven Democrats in the Senate running for president were absent Wednesday for a vote to send $4.6 billion in emergency humanitarian relief to the southern border to help thousands of migrant families and unaccompanied children.

Less than 24 hours after House Democrats passed a measure Tuesday night, the Republican-controlled Senate rejected it with a 55-37 vote and approved their own measure with overwhelming bipartisan support with a 84-8 vote, according to the Washington Post.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/all...r-vote-to-send-humanitarian-relief-to-border/

ALBANY -- Busy with her uphill campaign for the White House, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-NY, has missed more than three dozen roll call votes in Congress since January 3, a new report shows.

Gillibrand, so far this year, has made seven campaign trips to Iowa, which will host the nation's first Democratic presidential caucus Feb. 3. Gillibrand has visited the Granite State seven times this year as well. Its 2020 primary election is Feb. 11.

In Washington, she has skipped 38 roll call votes -- or 21 percent of the opportunities to weigh in on legislation before the Senate this year, Congressional Quarterly/Roll Call reported. That is more votes missed than several other senators who are competing with her for her party's nomination.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, a Vermont independent, has skipped 31 votes, while Sen. Liz Warren, D-Massachusetts, has missed 22 votes. Another rival, Sen. Amy Kobuchar, D-Minnesota, missed 20 votes, while Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colorado, was recorded absent for votes 12 times.

Only two other presidential race entrants from Gillibrand's congressional chamber, Sen. Cory Booker, D-New Jersey (64 missed votes), and Sen. Kamala Harris, D-California (49 missed votes), have skipped more roll calls than New York's junior senator, according to the data analysis.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/all...r-vote-to-send-humanitarian-relief-to-border/

Because they want open borders. The only thing that will save the US is for a right wing takeover. And to just ignore the left. Only Trump for 7.5 more years can save you guys. And then ensure that someone like him succeeds him. Whether that be Donald Jr, Duncan Hunter or Pence.

Or maybe open borders is good because it will only hasten the collapse and partition of the US that seems inevitable

Because they want open borders. The only thing that will save the US is for a right wing takeover. And to just ignore the left. Only Trump for 7.5 more years can save you guys. And then ensure that someone like him succeeds him. Whether that be Donald Jr, Duncan Hunter or Pence.

Or maybe open borders is good because it will only hasten the collapse and partition of the US that seems inevitable

I think the constant fearmongering about right wing fascism being a significant thing in the Republican party is ridiculous and I wish the rhetoric of the left would ditch it as it only saps their credibility. That being said, if many people actually believe the above bolded part, that's a solid step towards actual right wing fascism - or, at least some flavour of right wing authoritarianism.

The attitude of "We have to ignore the left and just take over to save the country" lends very real credibility to that left leaning fear mongering. I very much hope you're just a nutjob and not representative of anything even hinting at a common dialogue.

It's fine they want to play politics with it but what is funny is they were calling it a manufactured crisis to now a crisis and last minute emergency bill from their own party when they could of gaven the funds like 18 times already. So don't cry wolf if you are part of the problem.

Back