Alkalinity Decreases Cortisol & Increases Bone

Monger

Chronically Injured
Reaction score
Ripped from the PN boards. Just passing it a long for informational purposes.

Alkalinity Decreases Cortisol & Increases Bone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutralization of Western diet inhibits bone resorption independently of K intake and reduces cortisol secretion in humans.

Maurer M, Riesen W, Muser J, Hulter HN, Krapf R.
Medizinische Universit

I saw this and it pissed me off. Now there's even more reason for me to put effort into an alkaline diet.

Awesome study, that's for posting, Monger. I always love seeing positive studies regarding alkalinity!

I saw this and it pissed me off. Now there's even more reason for me to put effort into an alkaline diet.

All this time I've been secretly hoping the benefits of alkaline diets were a myth. Maybe I'll get lucky and this is just all one big conspiracy.

WTF? Says the guy with the vegetable quote.

Yeah, but I just eat veggies indiscriminately, now I have to actually think, "oh gee, this kale is more alkaline than this asparagus!" ARGH.

I just try to eat veggies with as many meals as possible. Any more stress than that isn't worth it. :D

Trying to bring every meal to neutral would totally suck ass.

I don't think many of us have generally western acidogenic diets anyway. It should be as simple as adding slightly more veggies to the diet of anyone doing paleo/PN or some other natural eating method.

I don't think many of us have generally western acidogenic diets anyway. It should be as simple as adding slightly more veggies to the diet of anyone doing paleo/PN or some other natural eating method.

True enough.

Combine a Paleo diet with the addition of Greens+ and Beta-Alanine, and you'll have an alkaline buffering machine. That's at least what I tell myself before I hit lactate threshold, and then I'm like "Fuck! Shoulda had more spinach!"

I don't think you guys understand the depths of my obsessive compulsive madness.

This thread made me remember an article I read some time ago. It kept bugging me until I found it again:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/bases.htm

Ha, if anyone really wants an alkalinic diet they can add alka-seltzer to their shakes. And if you want to be really compulsize, erco, you can calculate PRALs for each of your meals and add veggies appropriately.

I've been skeptical of the alkaline diet because of lack of science behind it, but slowly I become more convinced.

I think adding sodium bicarbonate, hemp protein, brown rice protein, and barley juice powder to your cooking/shakes is probably a good way to help alkalize your diet...

Okay.

We need Alkaline pizza, burgers and ice cream.

Alkaline M&M's would be nice as well.

I think adding sodium bicarbonate, hemp protein, brown rice protein, and barley juice powder to your cooking/shakes is probably a good way to help alkalize your diet...

You go right ahead and do that, and get back to us on how that's working for you, m'kay?

lumberghks2.jpg

Why does everyone have the same avatar? So you can be inside on some secret so that other people have to ask and you can feel all special when you blow them off like they don't deserve to know?
Wow, I just answered my own question. What's the point of this post then? I don't know.
Yeah alkaline. Eat more batteries.

Why does everyone have the same avatar? So you can be inside on some secret so that other people have to ask and you can feel all special when you blow them off like they don't deserve to know?
Wow, I just answered my own question. What's the point of this post then? I don't know.
Yeah alkaline. Eat more batteries.

War Morris!!

On topic: I don't understand a thing about alkalinity in diet. Anyone have a link to a basic informative article on alkalinity & diet?

Back