Aljo Sterling out because he wasn't clear by doctors

Yan vs Dillashaw for the strap

Dillashaw is injured. BW is so stacked and in a clusterfuck right now but all these matchups are going to be interesting. How I see it playing out :
Sandhagen vs Yan for the interim
Aldo vs Rob font, the loser of that fight should fight the loser of the interim, the winner fight Dillashaw as a title eliminator while the interim winner unify the belt

Aldo vs Dillashaw as a title eliminator would be bonkers, its still a dream super fight that could deliver FOTY, hope aldo make it!

its pretty easy to go to a doctor and play up all your symptoms, cry, and get an excuse.

especially true with injuries like his. doc asked him to make a fist to test hand grip strength. Aljo probably gave 50% effort and acted like he was in pain.

for a doc with his license on the line, he's going to be on the side off caution rather than let a fighter who doesn't want to fight back in there.

As for ESPN, they’re always covering nba players asses so this is not that surprising

Aljo is a clown but I give him the benefit of the doubt here. It's barely been 6 months since major neck surgery. November or December was always a more realistic timeline from what I've heard. UFC rushing it.

Lol I'm not defending the duck but you realize their is a MASSIVE difference between some light hearted sparring helping a teammate warm up before a fight and fighting Petr Yan for 5 rounds in a title fight.
He was warming a guy up before a fight. Not exactly very demanding.
Some of you should be put on concussion protocol.

Sure didnt look injured to me, was moving around and poppin head around too. If his neck is really so bad that he wouldn’t be helping anyone warm up

Its really not that hard to play up pain, injuries to a doc to delay things.

ah yes the decade long neck injury Sterling said hes had since college wrestling days and fought with for so long… Just suddenly took a turn for the worse after he won the belt lmao

You goofs are so gullible
What’s there to be gullible about? He HAD Neck surgery and the Doctors didn’t clear him. These things legit happened. No ones just taking his word for it.

This is the thing with Aljo. He won the belt and started taking pictures...which was fine. But then he started saying that he was the "REAL" champ and not acknowledging what got him that belt. Since that time, it seems pretty apparent he's been trying to avoid a rematch.
I had no opinion of the guy until his shenanigans. In my opinion, the only fighter who has legit ducked a fight since Tito ducked Chuck, before he was eventually forced.

ah yes the decade long neck injury Sterling said hes had since college wrestling days and fought with for so long… Just suddenly took a turn for the worse after he won the belt lmao

You goofs are so gullible
I can promise one thing, that Knee to his head didn't help his neck injury.

Last edited:
Just mob mentality.

He wasn't loved or hated before the Yan fight. It's also like people forget that YAN THREW A DISGUSTINGLY ILLEGAL BLOW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

They had a weird fight with a weird ending, Aljo got the belt on a technicality, and people hate him for feeding his family that championship money.

I would have done the same thing to feed my family, regardless of what anyone thinks.
People hate him for the way he has carried himself after the fact. He got his that’s fine a lot of people would do the same but you gotta take the good with the bad of course some people or in the case most people got rubbed the wrong way.

Sure didnt look injured to me, was moving around and poppin head around too. If his neck is really so bad that he wouldn’t be helping anyone warm up

Of course he’s training for his fight in a week..

What do you not understand about being medically cleared?? It wasn’t his decision to pull out.

Probably typical UFC bullshit trying to bully fighters into signing contracts before they're ready.

Hopefully Aljamain takes another few months off and is ready early 2022.

UFC definitely needs to make an Interim Title fight by the end of this year.

However, Yan should not be in it. Yan was DQ'd -- give him a Top 10 fighter on the Undercard.

Aljo might be acting, but the Doctors aren't -- Yan's foul is what disturbed the Force, causing this ridiculous situation to begin with.

I can't promise one thing, that Knee to his head didn't help his neck injury.

and neither did all those other fights he had before. Wasnt such an urgent problem then…But suddenly! it took a dramatic turn for the worse after the Yan knee!!

*dramatic reveal scene; cheap soap opera music begins to play*

script write itself lol. Come on bros its easy to see through this.

pbbkgep2ull61-jpg.870334

This is even worse than bro science lol.

I called it when Sterling won. He is doing the same thing Serra did when he beat GSP. Surgery, injury, delay, delay, delay to make every penny possible by being champ. Commercials and endorsements coming to a close soon.

You are just speculating. You don't know why he wasn't medically cleared. Maybe it was pain, maybe doctors saw something on a scan they didn't like.

Hopefully Yan doesnt just play with his food next time he gets his hands on Aljo and gets a definite stoppage (legal) and send him to the back of the line trying to scrape wins back from Marlon and Sandhagen.

Back