Media Aljo sterling backs Bryce Mitchell's Anti-mask rant; Petr Yan tells him to shut up& put his mask on

View attachment 812002

Seems like fairly reasonable words from Aljo. I really don't care enough to argue either way though.
No it’s not reasonable. Listen to the people who have dedicated dozens of years into disease prevention and pandemic response.
People like you are trash

Last edited:
The issue is that wearing a mask protects other people more than you so if someone isn't wearing one and you are wearing one you can still get it from them even though you're wearing yours

I wouldn't personally call someone on it because if someone is reckless like that then the last thing I want to do is argue face to face with them.

I just walk away or avoid people who aren't wearing masks but am lucky I don't have to actually be anywhere for an extended period of time.

Cloth masks are definitely not bulletproof and provide no protection against the virus particle itself in theory. However, those droplets are one of the main vectors for the disease as I recall, hence the recent emphasis on plastic face shields -- particularly for healthcare workers. A sneeze or cough can allow said droplets to rapidly spread much farther than one might think.

Furthermore, cloth masks have a important knock-on effects:

1.) Keeping one's own fluids from sneezes, coughs, etc. more contained. Remember, COVID is asymptomatic for up to 2 weeks but can be spread during this time. So the most important value wearing a mask might be serving during this time is to reduce the chances of your shit from spreading.

2.) Keeping you from touching your nose/mouth, even subconsciously.

3.) Subconsciously reminding people about social distancing protocols.

People get too hung up on the fact that a cloth mask isn't an N95 and forget that there are other variables in play. The benefits -- small though they may be -- are cumulative and well worth the incredibly small price of admittance: wearing a piece a cloth on your face when you go out.
The majority of people wearing masks constantly touch their faces and then don't wash their hands. I watch people remove the diaper all the time to sneeze and don't use their arm. But if an adult want's to wear a face diaper to make them feel safer then its cool. But they aren't helping and in many ways could be spreading this new year long flu even more. But I'm a germ freak and I choose not to wear one. Just wash your hands and keep that immune system up and you have a 99 percent chance or more at being just fine. I used to be a religious mask wearer and got a bunch of n95's from my sisters whos a RN in the ER. I did all the stupid social distancing nonsense and got Covid. I did my research on Masks and I'll never wear one again. I choose to breath the air and build my immune system.

You don’t need to (or shouldn’t) need to wear a mask outdoors if there isn’t massive crowds. Wearing one indoors or wherever it is busy really confuses people?

Lol, listen to you. Who’s the pussy between us? Your emotions don’t make your argument more valid.

Sorry about your uncle. The statistics imply overwhelmingly that he must’ve been unhealthy prior to getting the disease. It’s too bad, we need to protect our old and our sick.

I don’t feel the need to post those sources, you can find them just as easily as I can find sources that would support your stance. We’re on the Internet, do your own due diligence. Then, be a man and make your own decisions just like I will.

Not to single you out, but that kind of thinking is a huge issue in america today imo. They think everything is up to debate because everyone lives in their own information bubble and you can find a source to validate nearly every opinion a person can come up with.

The virus isn’t deadly enough to justify the measures taken imo

That what the flu bros said when cases were starting. Covid has only killed 40,000 people!! The flu kills 60,000 people a year!!!

We are at 230k deaths now... Almost 5x the deaths as a flu...

The spanish flu only killed 60k people the first 6 months . We know how eventually that turned out .

If only one percent of people infected and die from covid in the world. That would be around 70 million dead.

If people can't follow simple guidelines, we are screwed in the future when a more serious virus emerges like the black plague .

Even then, you'll have people who still don't believe . Smh

Incredible how stupid people are when it comes to something so simple.

You are forced by law to: wear a seatbelt, wear a helmet, not smoke in closed spaces, have an insurance policy, wear clothes, wear gloves when preparing food; follow sanitary practices in medicine, tattoo parlors and food establishments; have a certain amount of fire escapes and fire extinguishers in buildings, etc. I wonder why? Maybe it is to... prevent death and disease, which are a burden on society at large and shouldn't be left to the whim of individuals? You know, the exact same thing that masks help to accomplish, with minimum downsides?

Yes, the survival rate is very high among healthy people. Yet old people, sick people, and plain unlucky people on the wrong side of statistics have to shop for groceries, work, etc, they can't just "stay the fuck home lol". Even if they do stay, whoever their caretaker is can still pass it on to them. The mask is not a silver bullet, but coupled with things like social distancing. they're some of the obvious immediate measures that can be taken until a vaccine or treatment is widely available. I live in NY, where Aljo trains (I think?), and no one ever made me wear a mask outside or in a park, or knocked the door to my house, or anywhere else but inside a business, which seems entirely reasonable.

If you claim you can't breath without a mask, you're a pussy. And if you feel your personal freedom is terribly violated by being required to wear a mask in closed spaces when you're around others you are either ignorant, stupid, a pussy or a combination of all of them. Really, what's the downside to wearing a mask?

The majority of people wearing masks constantly touch their faces and then don't wash their hands. I watch people remove the diaper all the time to sneeze and don't use their arm. But if an adult want's to wear a face diaper to make them feel safer then its cool. But they aren't helping and in many ways could be spreading this new year long flu even more. But I'm a germ freak and I choose not to wear one. Just wash your hands and keep that immune system up and you have a 99 percent chance or more at being just fine. I used to be a religious mask wearer and got a bunch of n95's from my sisters whos a RN in the ER. I did all the stupid social distancing nonsense and got Covid. I did my research on Masks and I'll never wear one again. I choose to breath the air and build my immune system.

That's their problem if they do those things, dude. Anyone with those habits so ingrained was probably going to get sick eventually, if not with COVID then with something else. It's not the mask's fault. You certainly don't judge the mask by the lowest common denominator, either.

By all means, professor, show me your peer-reviewed studies indicating that COVID will be sustained by people's use of masks. Also, while you're at it, the 99% figure.

Immunology doesn't work like that. Did you go to the Bryce Mitchell School of Medicine?

Why is it so hard for people to just care a little bit about others. It's just a mask... I guess you cannot expect much from dudes getting their face punched for money..
It's the American way to be the biggest selfish prick imaginable these days I guess.

That what the flu bros said when cases were starting. Covid has only killed 40,000 people!! The flu kills 60,000 people a year!!!

We are at 230k deaths now... Almost 5x the deaths as a flu...

The spanish flu only killed 60k people the first 6 months . We know how eventually that turned out .

If only one percent of people infected and die from covid in the world. That would be around 70 million dead.

If people can't follow simple guidelines, we are screwed in the future when a more serious virus emerges like the black plague .

Even then, you'll have people who still don't believe . Smh
This is sherdog. Seriously, don’t invest yourself in a good faith argument with a trumptard

Divisiveness on mask wearing is not only in USA, just in case anyone thought it was... It's just folks don't kick off quite as much on the anti-mask side seemingly.

Seems like fairly reasonable words from Petr, too.
mindless sheep words yes.

Why is it so hard for people to just care a little bit about others. It's just a mask... I guess you cannot expect much from dudes getting their face punched for money..

Fuck others!

your opinion is wrong imo, and more importantly the opinion of people who actually understand this shit unlike us. Quarter of a million deaths and counting, cases rising here while they're declining in countries that aren't too stupid to follow guidelines.

wearing a mask isn't even that much of a measure taken, lol.

Its been proven its nowhere near 1/4 million. Smh

What makes you think this is about survival rate? Lets see if I understand you...the 99.6% survival rate goes out and parties without mask and without social distance and catches covid and comes home and gives it to his/her parents...or grandparents and they get sick, then its cool because they have a 99.6% survival rate...you really hate your grandparents that much...once they die, whose name you gonna put the cable bill under?

Do you know how many grandparents have died from the common flu the last 20 yrs? You spread it to the elderly your whole life. But now since you been brainwashed you think youre saving lives. Blood is on your hands now you mindless ignorant fool.

Not reasonable at all. The purpose of the mask is to stop the spread of the virus. It doesn't matter if it barely effects Aljo, he could still give it to someone else and they could die. Guy is in idiot.

Just like the common flu?

No no no, were saving lives. Thats what they told us. So thats what im going with.

The honest to God truth about masks... Unless it is an N 95 or better, Wearing a face mask does not prevent you from getting COVID-19. The virus is airborne, and such can go through simple cloth face masks without difficulty. The only thing a face covering does, is prevent droplets from spreading from the person wearing the mask. The virus is more contagious in droplets, but still very easily transmitted through the air.
So, while wearing masks can help prevent droplets, they cannot prevent the spread of covid and it could be argued that mask wearing is kind of pointless. I of course always wear a mask bc its just easier to go with the flow then be a martyr but its nice to see some people speaking up.
hey don't you get all sciencey and shit with us we're fear-mongering over here

your opinion is wrong imo, and more importantly the opinion of people who actually understand this shit unlike us. Quarter of a million deaths and counting, cases rising here while they're declining in countries that aren't too stupid to follow guidelines.

wearing a mask isn't even that much of a measure taken, lol.
These numbers aren't new, do some research on global influenza respiratory related deaths from previous years.

Here's a link from World Health Organization's official website stating over 650,000 deaths related to respiratory diseases related to seasonal flu in 2017.
https://www.who.int/news/item/13-12...ory-diseases-linked-to-seasonal-flu-each-year

The other countries you are talking about is going into a 2nd national lockdown days before US elections. Here is the link to UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc going into 2nd national lockdown.
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-54719772

These lockdowns are happening days before US elections, coincidence?

Still, in a year or two we'll probably be having literal covid parties just to catch it like they do with chickenpox. The only reason we even had this response is that we have the technology to keep the world going otherwise I doubt we would've seen anything remotely similar if this occurred 10-20 years ago. People forget practically the entire world carries the Swine Flu and we'll see the same thing with COVID where eventually everyone will have it at some point.

The following error occurred:
Only 50 like(s) within 24 hour(s) are allowed in this forum

but why? Wish I could give more likes lol

also, can we please get a downvote option plz?? Think of it as constructive criticism. My negs sting like fuck.?1??1??1?

The following error occurred:
Only 50 like(s) within 24 hour(s) are allowed in this forum

but why? Wish I could give more likes lol

also, can we please get a downvote option plz?? Think of it as constructive criticism. My negs sting like fuck.?1??1??1?

I'm into your 163/163 posts/likes
{<redford}

Back