Aljo pulling out of his fight with Yan is one of the worst ducks of all time

efe-ajagba-curtis-harper-quits-fight.gif

So what you are saying is, even though he had neck surgery, Aljo is faking the lingering issues with the neck as it's recovering?
Well yea, he literally got the belt by faking an injury lol.

LOL This is the same stupidity that Nicco Montano got when people were accusing her of pulling out of fights to duck Shevchenko. And what do you know? Years later, she's still not fighting due to injury issues.

Sterling can't avoid Yan, and he doesn't get paid extra money just for being champ. The guy needs to fight to get paid. Even if the fight is a guaranteed loss, it's still more money than he'd make if he got stripped for not defending and went back to being a contender. The idea that he's trying to weasel out of a career high payday is asinine.

Sterling has been talking about his neck for years. He finally had an opportunity to get surgery after winning the belt.
He doesn’t get paid more - he might in sponsorships outside fighting etc and UFC, appearances etc.

it’s more he gets to be the champ, when quite frankly he has no right to be. It’s not as if he was winning then got the DQ win, it’s not as if it was close either. Sterling had absolutely nothing for Yan. It would be as legitimate as Hamill winning the title if Jones had it at the time.

Sterling is enjoying his time as champ, because he probably knows he had nothing for Yan

It’s easily up there with Riddick Bowe throwing his WBC belt away to avoid getting KTFO by Lennox Lewis. Like this one will go down in history just because of all the shenanigans this dude is pulling and I was on his side at first. I cannot wait until this fraud gets finished and away from the belt. I cannot think of a duck this bad. Absolutely crazy.

You’re talking like you actually wanted to see this rematch lol

let’s get Yan Dillashaw for the real belt please and thank you

At least GDR stepped up and vacated her belt, Aljo seems to be going the Nico Montano route

Which in Nicco's case was just a less blatant duck. Had the hospitalization with weight cutting, Aljo post-surgery complications; GDR was openly ducking.

He doesn’t get paid more - he might in sponsorships outside fighting etc and UFC, appearances etc.
Every fighter gets a pay bump as a champ with or without PPV views. Sterling's last disclosed payday was $76,000/$76,000 for the Sandhagen fight.

The $400,000 to $500,000 flat fee that champs get is FAR more than what he's ever been paid for a fight.

it’s more he gets to be the champ, when quite frankly he has no right to be. It’s not as if he was winning then got the DQ win, it’s not as if it was close either. Sterling had absolutely nothing for Yan. It would be as legitimate as Hamill winning the title if Jones had it at the time.

Dude. Did I say anything about Sterling winning "legitimately"?

You people are fucking mentally ill with this shit. Do you think that if you keep repeating that he's not the real champ that he's going to vacate the title?

Sterling is enjoying his time as champ, because he probably knows he had nothing for Yan

Yes, I'm sure it's awesome having dumbasses like you telling him that he's a fraud in his mentions all day long on social media.

That's the real prestige that he's looking for with the belt. Nothing to do with money at all.

Not sure why people think Aljo would want to sit out and not get paid …..makes zero sense

Not sure why people think Aljo would want to sit out and not get paid …..makes zero sense

Because this sport has the dumbest fucking fanbase on the planet.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's the exact same shit that people were saying about Nicco Montano.

Acting like she was making money by avoiding Shevchenko when she was so poor that she was living in a basement without heat at the time that she won the belt.

Every fighter gets a pay bump as a champ with or without PPV views. Sterling's last disclosed payday was $76,000/$76,000 for the Sandhagen fight.

The $400,000 to $500,000 flat fee that champs get is FAR more than what he's ever been paid for a fight.

You people are fucking mentally ill with this shit. Do you think that if you keep repeating that he's not the real champ that he's going to vacate the title?

Yes, I'm sure it's awesome having dumbasses like you telling him that he's a fraud in his mentions all day long on social media.

That's the real prestige that he's looking for with the belt. Nothing to do with money at all.
When things don’t go people’s way ….People respond emotionally instead of rationally thinking things over …I wanted Yan - Aljo 2 to happen badly ….135 is my favourite division and it’s being held up ….but I’m in no position to know how Ajo’s neck feels …..He doesn’t get paid if he doesn’t fight, so can’t see how sitting out is advantageous

When things don’t go people’s way ….People respond emotionally instead of rationally thinking things over …I wanted Yan - Aljo 2 to happen badly ….135 is my favourite division and it’s being held up ….but I’m in no position to know how Ajo’s neck feels …..He doesn’t get paid if he doesn’t fight, so can’t see how sitting out is advantageous

The funniest part about this is that the latest reporting is saying that Sterling was denied medical clearance, so it was the UFC's doctors that they're using for the UAE who pulled him from the fight. It wasn't even his decision.

This also means that he was willing to fight Yan injured, but we shouldn't let the fact get in the way of the daily anti-Aljo thread.

Sorry I’ve better things to do than have a go at someone on social media, what I had is an opinion which your too fragile to handle apparently, look at you getting all worked up

Back