Aljo pulling out of his fight with Yan is one of the worst ducks of all time

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It’s easily up there with Riddick Bowe throwing his WBC belt away to avoid getting KTFO by Lennox Lewis. Like this one will go down in history just because of all the shenanigans this dude is pulling and I was on his side at first. I cannot wait until this fraud gets finished and away from the belt. I cannot think of a duck this bad. Absolutely crazy.

Bruh he’s got neck problems he’s got a valid reason to pull out.

I would however criticise his choice of agreeing to the fight only to then to pull out.

But training could of aggravated his injuries I guess.

Still think Yan takes the rematch.

It’s easily up there with Riddick Bowe throwing his WBC belt away to avoid getting KTFO by Lennox Lewis. Like this one will go down in history just because of all the shenanigans this dude is pulling and I was on his side at first. I cannot wait until this fraud gets finished and away from the belt. I cannot think of a duck this bad. Absolutely crazy.
You think after the way he won his title there would be more urgency to legitimise it, but I think he KNOWS he’s on borrowed time. Had nothing for Yan in their last fight

Last edited:
I hate Aljo but this is too harsh. It's neck surgery. We all expect him to recover quickly and take his ass whooping. MMA fans are a little too spoiled though; this is the only sport where people get serious career ending injuries and we are like go get surgery then they will be back. With that said, UFC should strip him. They stripped Tony for less.

Honestly if his neck is that bad, he should relinquish his belt and let the division move on. Like that’ll put a little respek on his name while he recovers and comes back to an immediate title shot.

"Longstanding neck injury"
Untitled.png
This was 3-4 days ago. Yeah you look very injured. *expletive*

Depends on how bad his neck issues are, if he says he's ready to fight say before year's end then yeah it's going to look like a pretty blatant duck. If that's not the case and he's not returning until 2022 wonder how long he'll be able to keep the belt for whilst sitting on the shelf.

If poor baby Aljo has such horrific serious neck injuries he should do the right thing and not hold up the division with his horrifyingly crippling neck injury that is tricky and could take forever to heal.
It's obviously a very stupid decision to relinquish the belt. It's not easy to win UFC gold. The company can strip him of course, but that's on the company then.

Most blatant duck in MMA history is GDR throwing her newly won championship aside and fleeing the division rather than defend against Cris Cyborg.

One of the many reasons Nunes is the WMMA GOAT; she faced the boogeywoman and knocked her the fuck out when her peers and fellow champs were either terrified to face Cyborg (Ronda, GDR) or had tried and soundly failed (Holm).

I never expected this fight to happen. I was looking forward to it but very skeptical. Aljo never seemed like he wanted to get in the ring again with Yan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back