Media Aljo: I thought it would be ruled a No contest. I didn't even want [the title]

Yan rematch, Yan knocks him out cold this time, then feed him to Sandhagen, flying knee to the face while Sterling attempts one of his sloppy takedowns. Didn't have much of an opinion about Sterling, but now I dislike him. And not because he dived after the illegal shot. I would've done the same, probably. It's everything afterwards. The crying, throwing the belt, then acting as if he won in legit fashion.
He couldn't do it the first time with Aljo gassed without cheating he certainly won't do it in a rematch LMFAO

The rematch will be good. Should be immediate. And as soon as both fighters are healthy. It's gonna be interesting to see whether or how they change their game plans.

I doubt Sterling is doing it to troll people and I also don't think it's a huge deal that he milked it. He milked it a bit too much which looked bad, but the doctor and ref were unnecessarily hesitant because it was a title fight. So he gad to keep it up because he probably legut got concussed too. But if he really doesn't want the belt, he should vacate it. But obviously he wants the money that comes with the belt, and I don't blame him. So he should just have been quiet about it or follow through and vacate, IMO. But people don't always make the smartest decisions, especially in very chaotic & confusing situations.

Aljo did nothing wrong

The fault lies with Yan for throwing the illegal knee

If anyone apart from Yan is to blame it is the commission for allowing these "rules" to ruin the sport

Also why didnt they just give Aljo more time to recover instead of calling the fight off?

Aljo isn't trying to troll anybody. He's not trying to be the black Chael Sonnen. He made himself look like a fool acting like he beat Yan. At the same time he's looking for sympathy. He wants to be popular, not hated. Though I don't blame him entirely. He's from a camp that's known for their exaggerated cheeriness and high energy. They're definitely encouraging him to celebrate like he's a legit champ. Khabib would get his ass kicked by his dad if tried something like that.

that's a lot of explaining in one video. That just makes you sound more guilty.

But its on the couch. lol.

Dude. Bad OPTICS. stay off social media

Everything he said makes sense why he would take the DQ. Get the money, get the rematch and another chance at the title. He justified it by not justifying it.

Anyway some quick notes

• He didn't think he was going to win the belt, he thought it would be ruled a No contest.
  • He was crying because he thought he would have to win 3 or 4 more fights to get a chance to compete for a title again
  • Russian fans are loyal, a little crazy with the death threats, but one thing they're not they're not doctors
  • Just because he got a CT scan and it cleared, does not mean he didn't have a concussion
  • You can't compare concussions, just because one knockout looks worse than the other, doesn't mean it actually is. Every concussion is different.
  • Had an issue with John McCarthy Podcast "wouldn't DQ" Comments: If you have rules to DQ someone, when do you actually use the rules to DQ?
  • Noted that he's been told when a fighter gets hit in the temple and they try to stand up to fast, they feel loopy.
  • He laid down asking the doctor to give him more time to collect himself
  • for the fighters that said he milked it, shame on you guys
  • Shame on Yan - What did I do wrong? He should be DQ'd but there should be a rematch.

I was a big Aljo fan before that fight. Now after the post-fight nonsense and after listening to Matt Serra’s latest podcast and listening to how Aljo treated the situation with Serra, Aljo sounds like a bit of a scumbag and definitely lost me as a fan.
I hope Yan KOs him in the rematch.

I was a big Aljo fan before that fight. Now after the post-fight nonsense and after listening to Matt Serra’s latest podcast and listening to how Aljo treated the situation with Serra, Aljo sounds like a bit of a scumbag and definitely lost me as a fan.
What happened with serra? I didn't get a chance to listen to that podcast

Naw was Fine with Aljo till the celebrating and the Cejudo callout.

Dude is worrhless. Hope Yan plows his head in.

I mean if you really didn't want it you could have immediately announced that you'd vacate it and rematch for a vacant title.

Either way, rules are rules. Yan fucked up and Aljo is now in the history books for the wrong reason

I was a big Aljo fan before that fight. Now after the post-fight nonsense and after listening to Matt Serra’s latest podcast and listening to how Aljo treated the situation with Serra, Aljo sounds like a bit of a scumbag and definitely lost me as a fan. He also sounds like TJ, aka “ Snake in the Grass 2.0”.

When Aljo did all that crying, did anyone see one tear? I’m pretty sure that’s how real crying works.

Al“ta Dena” Sterling milking it for sure.

Geez y’all are weird . Didn’t tj end some dudes career with an illegal knee? And guys are granted too many damn fouls. You literally have 2 free eye pokes

But its on the couch. lol.

Dude. Bad OPTICS. stay off social media

Everything he said makes sense why he would take the DQ. Get the money, get the rematch and another chance at the title. He justified it by not justifying it.

Anyway some quick notes

• He didn't think he was going to win the belt, he thought it would be ruled a No contest.
  • He was crying because he thought he would have to win 3 or 4 more fights to get a chance to compete for a title again
  • Russian fans are loyal, a little crazy with the death threats, but one thing they're not they're not doctors
  • Just because he got a CT scan and it cleared, does not mean he didn't have a concussion
  • You can't compare concussions, just because one knockout looks worse than the other, doesn't mean it actually is. Every concussion is different.
  • Had an issue with John McCarthy Podcast "wouldn't DQ" Comments: If you have rules to DQ someone, when do you actually use the rules to DQ?
  • Noted that he's been told when a fighter gets hit in the temple and they try to stand up to fast, they feel loopy.
  • He laid down asking the doctor to give him more time to collect himself
  • for the fighters that said he milked it, shame on you guys
  • Shame on Yan - What did I do wrong? He should be DQ'd but there should be a rematch.

Yeah he’s correct. The belt is his. He won the belt. Get over it.

Yan Dosent understand the current rules of mma it seems. Must have thought he was in pride or something

people online are losers who just want to be rude to a great guy like sterling. Love the champ and I’m so happy we finally got a champ we can be proud of again

Yan rematch, Yan knocks him out cold this time, then feed him to Sandhagen, flying knee to the face while Sterling attempts one of his sloppy takedowns. Didn't have much of an opinion about Sterling, but now I dislike him. And not because he dived after the illegal shot. I would've done the same, probably. It's everything afterwards. The crying, throwing the belt, then acting as if he won in legit fashion.
I like him more now. Lol he’s a great guy.

I can’t respect a guy who throws illegal shots like yan. After he kept beating aldo I had my thoughts but this sealed the deal.
Yan needs to fight some easier guys to prove he can be trusted in a championship bout

he realized dana would not give him a rematch if he continued and lost. so he sold his dignity to get a rematch and more money. and if he somehow beats yan in the second fight its going to pay off even more.

My 2 cents: he faked it but its the smart move. we've seen too many times where guys were passed up for a deserved rematch (Jones vs Reyes)

It's a smart move monetary-wise but he probably lost quite a bit of fans.

Back