Media Aljo: I thought it would be ruled a No contest. I didn't even want [the title]

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

But its on the couch. lol.

Dude. Bad OPTICS. stay off social media

Everything he said makes sense why he would take the DQ. Get the money, get the rematch and another chance at the title. He justified it by not justifying it.

Anyway some quick notes

• He didn't think he was going to win the belt, he thought it would be ruled a No contest.
  • He was crying because he thought he would have to win 3 or 4 more fights to get a chance to compete for a title again
  • Russian fans are loyal, a little crazy with the death threats, but one thing they're not they're not doctors
  • Just because he got a CT scan and it cleared, does not mean he didn't have a concussion
  • You can't compare concussions, just because one knockout looks worse than the other, doesn't mean it actually is. Every concussion is different.
  • Had an issue with John McCarthy Podcast "wouldn't DQ" Comments: If you have rules to DQ someone, when do you actually use the rules to DQ?
  • Noted that he's been told when a fighter gets hit in the temple and they try to stand up to fast, they feel loopy.
  • He laid down asking the doctor to give him more time to collect himself
  • for the fighters that said he milked it, shame on you guys
  • Shame on Yan - What did I do wrong? He should be DQ'd but there should be a rematch.

Last edited:

But its on the couch. lol.

Dude. Bad OPTICS. stay off social media

Everything he said makes sense why he would take the DQ. Get the money, get the rematch and another chance at the title. He justified it by not justifying it.

Oh, so he's a humble guy now after celebrating with the belt? Unsightly flip-flopper.

he realized dana would not give him a rematch if he continued and lost. so he sold his dignity to get a rematch and more money. and if he somehow beats yan in the second fight its going to pay off even more.

My 2 cents: he faked it but its the smart move. we've seen too many times where guys were passed up for a deserved rematch (Jones vs Reyes)

he realized dana would not give him a rematch if he continued and lost. so he sold his dignity to get a rematch and more money. and if he somehow beats yan in the second fight its going to pay off even more.

My 2 cents: he faked it but its the smart move. we've seen too many times where guys were passed up for a deserved rematch (Jones vs Reyes)
smart, but lacks integrity for sure. He milked it. If he gets walloped in the rematch, his peers and the fans will never live it down. Neither will the promotion lol.

Petr Yan was a dummy for throwing it though.

Last edited:
I agree with Aljo 100% his the legit champ in my honest opinion..

Yan's DQ CAN'T Be defended

Yan rematch, Yan knocks him out cold this time, then feed him to Sandhagen, flying knee to the face while Sterling attempts one of his sloppy takedowns. Didn't have much of an opinion about Sterling, but now I dislike him. And not because he dived after the illegal shot. I would've done the same, probably. It's everything afterwards. The crying, throwing the belt, then acting as if he won in legit fashion.

Back