Media Aljamain Sterling blasts Cejudo for not wanting to fight "unmarketable" contenders; wants Yan next.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 5.45.52 PM.png

In the full interview, Sterling said that he wants Yan.

That's pretty cool.

Feel sorry for Aljo. He deserves the shot. I hope Cejudo gets crushed and ends up at the back of the line.

Aljo Vs Yan is a great matchup. I think Yan takes it, but Sterling has a chance.

Sterling is right. Cejudo is a fantastic fighter, just like Mighty Mouse and barely anyone gives a shit.

He’s not wrong

Also, the title rotation in that division has been fucked up for nearly four years.

Nobody has any sympathy for TJ these days, but he got passed over twice when he was the clear #1 contender after losing to Cruz for Faber and Cody. Assuncao got denied a title shot when he was 12-1 in the division. Now, Cejudo is pulling these shenanigans after winning a vacant title and sitting out for a year. It's just bizarre.

He's right, Triple clown needs to get stripped. Let Sterling and Yan fight for the Belt

Aldo yan and sandhagen. Then sterling. Moraes shouldn’t get a shot until he wins at least 2 fights.

Also, the title rotation in that division has been fucked up for nearly four years.

Nobody has any sympathy for TJ these days, but he got passed over twice when he was the clear #1 contender of losing to Cruz for Faber and Cody. Assuncao got denied a title shot when he was 12-1 in the division. Now, Cejudo is pulling these shenanigans after winning a vacant title a sitting out for a year. It's just bizarre.
I’m always team TJ. One of the best fighting styles to watch. All this double champ bullshit slows down the divisions. I hope Yan or Aljo to dethrone him so the division can move on. I wanted Moraes to be the next champ but seems unlikely :(

Aldo yan and sandhagen. Then sterling. Moraes shouldn’t get a shot until he wins at least 2 fights.

???

Sterling has better wins than Yan and Sandhagen. That's why he's ranked above them.

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

???

Sterling has better wins than Yan and Sandhagen. That's why he's ranked above them.

thosw are the fights I want to see. I’m not interested in seeing. cejudo is a bad matchup for Aljamain. As bad of a matchup as it gets for him.

Aldo and yan and evening sandhagen are killers.
sterling isn’t. He’s doesn’t have the tools to beat cejudo let alone give him a fight.
aljamin loses to better grapplers than himself. That’s his bread and butter.

Yan and Aldo have success against grapplers. And I just love sandhagen. I like sandhagen no matter where the fight goes.

Basically all
Of those fights are intriguing except for sterling. As a fan of the sport for over 2 decades those are the fights I want to see and make sense.

That’s not a knock on sterling. It’s just the reality of the style matchups.

Curious if anyone agrees with Sterling while feeling Khabib should give Conor a rematch ;)

Is Cejudo gonna fight anybody? Where is that guy?

I donno if it's just marketability that gets contenders on Cejudo's shit list--I think the rematch with Benavidez would have been quite marketable, but C. ducked him.

Curious if anyone agrees with Sterling while feeling Khabib should give Conor a rematch ;)
Why wouldnt Khabib take the easiest big money fight the UFC is willing to make. It's not like he doesnt defend against legit opponents as well. There is zero reason for Cejudo to do anything but fight top competition. No mega fights. Nothing

Why wouldnt Khabib take the easiest big money fight the UFC is willing to make.

Because he practices what he preaches, and he preached against undeserving titleshots when Conor got the shot with Alvarez

Cejudo really blew his momentum, and it seems like he's getting rewarded for it. Dana knows most people have forgotten about him and using Aldo is his best/only option to not end up with bottom-end ppv sales.

Because he practices what he preaches, and he preached against undeserving titleshots when Conor got the shot with Alvarez
He will do what he is paid handsomely to do. If the UFC wants that fight it'll happen

Back