Alister Overeem Resigns with the UFC!!!

I think it was a bad move, however Coker never said he wanted The Reem. let's watch and see what happens.

Obviously the guy who made this thread doesn't understand the meaning of resign.

which goofball mod put the thread "reem re-signs" back into the thread "reem resigns" without fixing the title first?

Now put Reem on that UFC card in the Netherlands!

Excellent news. I'm sure Reem got paid well but this just goes to show he cares more about his legacy and winning the title over money. I'm sure Rizin, Bellator, etc could have offered him a very comparable deal but he cares more about the title.

I think he cares about all 3. He's likely one win away from a HW title shot. Reem stands to make a lot more money as the UFC HW champ than he would likely make in Bellator.

This one surprised me.
With drug testing and the fact that there is a huge $$$ Fedor fight in Japan, I thought he might leave.
Good for Reem!

He's spent so much time trying to adjust his weight, that he probably wouldn't want to risk starting over.

not shocking at all Reem is almost at the door for a titleshot not to mention the UFC pays him very well

Reem to the UFC...
Richard-Nixon-Resignation.gif

I hope Overeem sits out and waits for his title shot. He deserves it.

Every damn time! Every damn time!

My schedule is allowing for it so I'm taking advantage, like Conor. Dis is proizeposting on Sherdog; it's about getting dat sweet loot and getting out. Hitting McDonalds and toasting fat shamrock shakes with Uncle Jeff. Precision beats power, timing beats speed, but one handed typing beats everything.

gILygJI.gif

Kinda shocked he's not waiting for a title shot

Browne should troll him and actually join a real camp now

He knocked reem cold. I don't understand how that is getting swept under the rug. If rothwell beats Jds, he's next. How does overeem get a title shot over a guy that knocked him stiff? I'm asking so that maybe I could see the other side of the argument, because right now it seems illogical.
Yes, Rothwell TKO'ed him but "knocked him stiff?" is not what happened. I agree though that Ben should be in line ahead of Reem especially if he fights and beats JDS.

Back