Alister Overeem Resigns with the UFC!!!

God yes, Hunt Vs Overeem would be awesome! (Reem will have to fight the same way he did agains't JDS tho, if not Hunt will end his night pretty quickly)

or he will..you know.. submit him in a minute like the first time around

Excellent news. I'm sure Reem got paid well but this just goes to show he cares more about his legacy and winning the title over money. I'm sure Rizin, Bellator, etc could have offered him a very comparable deal but he cares more about the title.

Awesome, I was pretty worried he was gonna leave.

So the real question is who does Reem headline the Rotterdam card against? I'm hoping Cain
That would be a good fight but Cain being Cain... probably not doable. It'll probably be headlined by Struve vs. Bigfoot.

Holy shit I'm dying here.

"Resigns"

giphy.gif

Alrite!!!!! Very glad to see this

YES!!!!! Great news

or he will..you know.. submit him in a minute like the first time around
could very well happen! Hunt really work on his groundgame and takedown defense but let's be real, he does not want to go to the ground vs anybody

I thought the UFC floodgates were open guys??'

Everyone was supposed to jump ship especially guys like Overeem..

What's going on Sherdog???

Wow, this thread is like an emotional rollercoaster. Great the he re-signed with the UFC, I don't have any interest in watching him fight guys in Bellator. Too bad Miocic is already fighting for the title, I would have preferred an Overeem-Werdum trilogy. Unless Overeem is fighting Cain next, I think he'll fight for the title next time as I don't see Rothwell beating Econoreem (which is the only other logical opponent).
He knocked reem cold. I don't understand how that is getting swept under the rug. If rothwell beats Jds, he's next. How does overeem get a title shot over a guy that knocked him stiff? I'm asking so that maybe I could see the other side of the argument, because right now it seems illogical.

Why is his woman hiding from the camera? She in witness protection or something?

one thread title:

I cheered

I cried

I laughed

I'd post all of the other gifs of him getting KTFO/finished but I don't have all day.

overeem-knockout.gif

Cool shit man UFC heavyweight division needs all the top fighters they could get. I understand why a lot of people here(mainly those zuffa haters haha) want to see more fighters go elsewhere like Bellator, I like Bellator an all that but personally I would prefer to see all the top talent under one organization. And yeah I didn't want to see Benson go but good for him.

These fans want to see MMA go the way of boxing where we have to wait forever for people in the same division to fight due to contract negotiations.

I'm glad fighters are getting more money but honest I care more about being able to see the best fight the beat more often than not.

Excellent news. I'm sure Reem got paid well but this just goes to show he cares more about his legacy and winning the title over money. I'm sure Rizin, Bellator, etc could have offered him a very comparable deal but he cares more about the title.

How are you so sure? Reem made nearly 600K in disclosed pay alone for his last fight. Bellator isn't going to come close to that and Rizin might be able to afford for a few bouts, but they likely don't want any legit heavyweights near Fedor.

Back