ALISTAIR OVEREEM vs WALT HARRIS is just stupid

Walt went is on a 3-fight win streak to bring his UFC career to an outstanding even .500 at 6-6, while Reem is a multiple time title challenger. Makes no sense.

The UFC loves Walt, I don’t get it. I don’t think he even deserved the Olyneik fight.
Except that he won by KO in 12 seconds. That proves he deserved it imo.

Harris has improved in recent years. His only legitimate loss since 2014 was to Werdum. He was robbed against Shamil, and the DQ loss was unfortunate.

For some reason I read this as Overeem fighting GERALD Harris. THAT would be a mismatch lol.

You realize Overeem has fought every single top HW other than Cain and Derrick Lewis right? Not many fresh matchups to be made with Reem

Overeem vs Cain would be awesome to finally get to see, but I don't think Cain will be fighting anytime soon. He just wrestled along side Cody Rhodes at AAA Lucha Libre. I think we will see Cain (El Toro) in an AEW wrestling ring before we see him in the octagon again.

What's stupid is that they're calling it UFC Washington when it's in D.C. not Washington State.

struve is booked on the same card (ufc fight night in dc, dec. 7th) to face rothwell. i can't call why overeem/jds 2 wasn't booked. i can only guess jds has his eyes on the title since he's ranked 3rd in ufc's ranking of the hw division & considers the reem (7th) to be a step backwards...but it isn't since the 'reem already beat jds. another problem is he loss to frances, who should be the rightful next contender after the smoke clears from dc/stipe 2. even with title aspirations, jds should still be waitin' in line after frances. bigfoot hasn't fought in the ufc since 2016 & i think is solely focused on kickboxing, if he's even fightin' still. cain is now wrestling with AAA in mexico. with overeem (39) & harris bein' ranked in the middle tier of ufc's heavyweight division (overeem 7th & harris 11th in ufc's rankings), and both winnin' their last 2 out of 3 , why not put the 'reem & the big ticket together?

why to waste Overeem against an unknown 36 yo old guy?
why???

it is stupid.

Why not Overeem vs Struve, vs JDS 2, vs one time back Bigfoot, even vs fuking Cain?
They are giving the Reem a can, so he can get a W under his belt and get back in the mix.

What's stupid is that they're calling it UFC Washington when it's in D.C. not Washington State.
What's even stupider, is D.C period.

What the fuck? Washington, district of Columbia? It's fucking dumb, and makes no sense.

why to waste Overeem against an unknown 36 yo old guy?
why???

it is stupid.

Why not Overeem vs Struve, vs JDS 2, vs one time back Bigfoot, even vs fuking Cain?
walt harris is better and less "36" than the rest of those guys. what year do you think it is??? struve is retired as is bigfoot, JDS should follow RIGHT behind him and cain reinjured his knee in his 20 second fight with ngannou

Bigfoot lol

Never change, sherdog !

it will make some money. aka the revenge

He's currently on a 5 fight losing streak, and has won ONE FIGHT in his last TEN appearances.

Bigfoot hasn't fought MMA in two years, and is on TRT, not in the USADA testing pool.

It's just such a ridiculous thing to propose on all fronts.

I'm a big Overeem fan but Harris is a difficult match-up. Harris has a lot of firepower and beat the same dude as Overeem in his last fight. Overeem a few years ago would win easily but I think this is 50-50...

That being said, let's go Reem!!!

Walt is trash, he quickly tapped to Verdoooom as if he tickled his ass crack with a feather...

Dangerous and unknown opponent. In his last two fights he knocked out his opponent in less than 60 seconds. Overeem always risks it and keeps fighting. Fcking mad respect. Name another heavyweight that has had an active career in fighting since 1997 and is still active and fighting the best?

People always laugh about how Reem gets knocked out. I consider Fedor to be goat and he gets knocked out by mediocre guys, these days. Watcha think would happen if JDS fought another 15 years? Cain fought another 15 years? They'd be knocked out a billion times. If they actually fight... ;)

Anyways, parts of me wants him to hang the gloves, the other part wants him to go for the belt one more time... if that's possible. I don't like his chances versus Francis.

Seems pretty obvious to me. If DC beats Stipe and retires afterwards (relinquishing the HW Belt in the process), the vacant title fight will almost assuredly be between Ngannou and someone else. Ngannou is nearly guaranteed, so who would be the man opposite him?

JDS? Nah, Ngannou smashed him. Cain? Nah, Ngannou smashed him. Blaydes? Nah, Ngannou smashed him twice. Stipe? Nah, would've just lost 2 title fights in a row. Beating Ngannou the first time shouldn't be enough to warrant a 3rd. Lewis? Nah, already knocked off by DC and JDS. I can go on.

The only heavyweights that would make sense are Overeem coming off of 3 consecutive wins since his last meeting with Ngannou and Harris coming off of 3 consecutive wins. Harris may only be ranked #11 and Overeem #7, but that's the state of the heavyweight division right now.

Basically I think there is a good 50% chance this is a title eliminator.
This is so fucked up...

And also very true. This could very well be a title eliminator-fight. Good catch!

im okay with the matchup.. but as the main event for the Washington DC card is pretty stupid imo

Holy fuck who sanctioned this????

Reem will execute this bum

Except that he won by KO in 12 seconds. That proves he deserved it imo.

Harris has improved in recent years. His only legitimate loss since 2014 was to Werdum. He was robbed against Shamil, and the DQ loss was unfortunate.
He’s improved because he’s fighting nobody’s

This will be a straight murder

Back