Alistair Overeem vs. Andrei Arlovski Set For UFC Rotterdam Main Event (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are the odds that this would end up being a tentative boring fight like Mr Vs Arlovski and Arlovski vs Schaub? Maybe it had something to do with those fights being former team mates yet the Browne Pitbull fight was one of the best

That's simply just not true. AA is more dangerous. Fight makes no sense, he's fighting a teammate and also versus Browne he could've avenged a f-ing loss. Hooray for making zero sense. I wish Reem would be fighitng Miocic, but whatever.

I agree with this as well.

Overeem getting no love for knocking out JDS but Stipe gets all the love for knocking out Arlovski? What's next; Cain vs. Todd Duffee for the #1 contender spot?

That is so true. Stipe will get smashed soon though no matter what.

Saffiedine vs. Tumenov is a great fight. I'd like to see Krylov vs. Cirkunov added as well. And if that Calderwood vs. Waterson rumor is true this would be a good card for that.
Krylov/Cirkunov wouldn't be bad either. And yeah I forgot that fight was rumored, I could see it landing on the Rotterdam card.

In this match we have two very good strikers with glass chins. That leaves no room for mistake really. The first one to land a clean solid shot most likely wins.

Reading this thread makes me realise people don't care about good fights.

"This doesn't make any sense"
"They are team mates"
"What about the title picture?

Guess what? These are two of the best heavyweights and one of them could retire soon. Are you telling me you'd rather NOT see the fight because of how it MIGHT affect the title picture or because they train together?

Get a grip. If you are a martial artist, a fighter or a fan of fights then you want to see this fight.
Otherwise, you'll be part of the 2026 gang saying "I wish they'd have fought" and your stupid fantasy match ups will be wastelanded by some retarded young Sherdog mod who is fed up of your "what if" match-up.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Belts in the UFC don't mean a fu**ing thing. Fights and GOOD fights are what matter.

And Andrei isn't? Reem is the way better kickboxer at this point in their careers.

Not in MMA ...I think Andrei matches him pretty good. He's going to take the fight to Overeem in a way Nelson, JDS and Struve simply couldn't.

He could get knocked out in the process. And so could Reem.

They love making Arlovski fight his friends for some reason.

Better not shut those octagon doors too quickly. A gust of wind or light breeze might produce a double KO with those two chins.

This fight makes no sense to me. AA coming off a first round loss. Overeem on a 3 or 4 fight win streak, plus they're team mates. Weird match making. I think Overeem takes it though.

Back