News Alistair Overeem tests positive after fight against Badr Hari

Right there with you, i think a lot of the guys at Mike's gym would benefit from going elsewhere.
Yeah, unless you're Robin van Roosmalen that style is probably not the best idea. No idea why so many people are drawn to it, perhaps the whole iron sharpens iron idea and the amount of good training partners.
About Kyshenko, just look at his fight with Pereira. Besides being jacked as hell (his body changed when he started training at Mike's gym, like so many other guys) he fight patient and uses a decent amount of lateral movement.

Reem says he’s still dedicated to GLORY.
I wonder what’s the result of the B-sample

Overeem is definitely playing his hand here for maximum retirement funds.

Of course, fight again for Glory but I'd bet One are promising him a little more.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to ONE no matter the next glory bout result.

Reem says he’s still dedicated to GLORY.
I wonder what’s the result of the B-sample

Does Glory actually cares about guys pissing hot?

I mean.. him and Hari were obviously juiced to the gills for that fight and nobody cared. We were all excited by the return of the UberReem

I mean.. him and Hari were obviously juiced to the gills for that fight and nobody cared. We were all excited by the return of the UberReem
Yes, because they don't have complete control on whether its acceptable or not, they are dealing with regulatory bodies. If their fighters get a competition ban it's bad for them. They cannot behave like K-1 used to behave in Japan.

He went from pretty much a dad bod to shredded again. Eye test was enough...
Zz93PTEwMDA

I don’t think Hari was juiced in the Reem fight man, not at all. He even looked a little bit soft to me.
This pic was a few days after the first Arek Wrzosek fight, about a year prior to Badr - Overeem. He looked nowhere near this ripped against Reem, and he even didn’t pop against Arek having this physique

upload_2023-1-23_18-2-49.jpeg

I don’t think Hari was juiced in the Reem fight man, not at all. He even looked a little bit soft to me.
This pic was a few days after the first Arek Wrzosek fight, about a year prior to Badr - Overeem. He looked nowhere near this ripped against Reem, and he even didn’t pop against Arek having this physique

View attachment 964405
I find it hard to believe Hari wouldn't of had a horse fillet or two before going up against the Reem.

View attachment 964405
Problem with Hari is that he looked like this earlier in his career.

As a fellow skinny guy who has some experience trying to gain weight.. I find really his physique really suspicious.

OQ4T0952.jpg

Overeem is going for the record of failing drug tests in most organizations.

Well, here ya go... still no details about which specific substance was found.

https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/kickb...aanden-geschorst-badr-hari-gevecht-no-contest

Using Google Translater:

Alistair Overeem banned for 12 months! 'Fight with Badr Hari No-Contest'

Alistair Overeem has been suspended for 12 months by Glory Kickboxing and removed from the top 10 rankings. Overeem also has to hand in part of his fighting wages. The match with Badr Hari has been turned into a No Contest.

After an initial finding of a prohibited substance (A sample), the B sample also came back positive for doping and the win over Badr Hari was converted into a no contest. As a result, there is no winner of this competition. In addition to being removed from the rankings, Overeem's provisional suspension is now permanent, Glory CEO Scott Rudmann says exclusively to our editors.

"Alistair Overeem has a 12-month suspension," said Rudmann, who also confirmed the No-contest of last October's match with Badr Hari. Overeem must also hand in part of his fighting fee.

Overeem's management confirmed the results of the positive A-test in November last year. They pointed out that only minimal amounts of a non-performance-enhancing drug had been found. Because it was a small amount, the team was not worried at the time.

The B-sample test that was requested shows that a finding has indeed been made and the earlier A-sample is confirmed. As a result, Glory took Overeem out of her heavyweight ranking. His winnings on Badr Hari are also reversed. The game against Badr has now been judged a No Contest as per Glory rules .

Last edited:
Thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...for-12-months-after-testing-positive.4282768/

e55d665c-c293-11ed-b52b-0218eaf05005.jpg

Alistair Overeem tested positive after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year, but was still awaiting the results of his B-sample, which may return negative (but now we know it didn’t).
That fight is now overturned to a no-contest, Alistair has been removed from the official heavyweight-rankings and he’s suspended for 12 months (suspension started after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year).
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1760...reem-voor-twaalf-maanden-na-dopingovertreding

Though, this means Reem still will be able to compete in GLORY's 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December this year, as the suspension will have expired by then.
On the other hand, rumours circulated that Overeem would be in talks with KSW. I don’t know if they’re legit, but that could be an option for him aswell.

Well, here ya go... still no details about which specific substance was found.
Yeah I figured GLORY never publishes what substance is exactly found. They didn’t do it with Tavares, Kepenek and JBS either.
Maybe because the Dutch doping authority handles those situations?

They honestly shouldn't have even drug tested for this main event. Badr Hari's bones are made of glass at this point and overeem probably has more fight miles on him than any other HW competing today.
The only way I'd want them to fight is juiced to the gills. Both have been caught juicing multiple times, I have no problem with it.
Guess we're not going to see him vs Verhoeven...

Problem with Hari is that he looked like this earlier in his career.

As a fellow skinny guy who has some experience trying to gain weight.. I find really his physique really suspicious.

OQ4T0952.jpg
Yeah, Badr was about 95 kg before he lost to overeem. Then he jumps to like 108 kg during the 2009 grandprix.

CONFIRMED: Alistair Overeem fails drug test, receives 12-month suspension from GLORY Kickboxing

He will be 44 in May next year. Don't think we will see him back in the Glory ring unfortunately
He’s suspended for 12 months. The suspension started after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year, so that means Reem still will be able to compete in GLORY's 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December this year, as the suspension will have expired by then.
We’ll see what happens

Back