News Alistair Overeem tests positive after fight against Badr Hari

Yes, and was punished by Glory for it.

Was against Hesdy Gerges 5 years ago, the last fight he won which was overturned to NC.
He's looked juiced to the gills ever since he lost to Reem in the first fight.

Did it not say that a NON-PERFORMANCE ENHANCING substance was found?
So it could have been marijuana or a diuretic or something else recreational.

Close. So an article somebody wrote without even a direct quote said "According to his management, the findings would relate to minimal traces of a non-performance-enhancing drug."

That's a few layers of possible bullshit, somebody said that somebody else said...

At least that's all I've seen, it may be true but wouldn't it make sense to wait to hear from somebody without a bias for either sensationalism or protecting their fighter, somebody like the actual guys who did the test?

At least that's all I've seen, it may be true but wouldn't it make sense to wait to hear from somebody without a bias for either sensationalism or protecting their fighter, somebody like the actual guys who did the test?
So far the only information we have is that it was non performance enhancing. There is no information that it was a PED so far, yet 95% of the reactions are treating it as it is. It's certainly possible given his history however

So far the only information we have is that it was non performance enhancing. There is no information that it was a PED so far, yet 95% of the reactions are treating it as it is. It's certainly possible given his history however

I got ya, but not sure if you understood my point which was that the information we got is reasonably suspect in credibility. People jumping to conclusions either way. For that matter the testing org could release some BS and we'd never know so I guess I'm just wasting key strokes, the world is sham filled lol

Damn shame I was looking forward to his fight with Rico. Rico destined to remain "champ"

Wait, they started testing in kickboxing?

Yep, and Artur Kyshenko is still mid suspension for a positive test which i think was 2021-2023 if i remember correctly. Though he was suspended by a French doping agency so a lot of people assumed he'd just fight elsewhere but he hasn't, though again, him being Ukrainian might have more to do with him not fighting than his actual suspension.

Yep, and Artur Kyshenko is still mid suspension for a positive test which i think was 2021-2023 if i remember correctly. Though he was suspended by a French doping agency so a lot of people assumed he'd just fight elsewhere but he hasn't, though again, him being Ukrainian might have more to do with him not fighting than his actual suspension.
Pretty sure Artur has been living outside of Ukraine for quite a long time.

Besides, the whole country isn't shut down. I just recently received a custom shield made in Ukraine.

But ya, I figured he'd say screw the French and fight elsewhere.

Besides, the whole country isn't shut down. I just recently received a custom shield made in Ukraine.

Oh i know, i mean that even though he's elsewhere, his mind is probably too preoccupied on what is happening to actually take part in kickboxing.

They're still hosting grappling tournaments in Ukraine.

Some more fighters tested positive.
Luis Tavares officially got suspended now from his positive test back in May, after he filed a lawsuit against the verdict (and lost).
His victory over Florent Kaouachi got overturned to a no-contest.

Cihad Kepenek also tested positive after his win over Nordine Mahieddine at Glory 81.
The result of that fight got overturned to a no-contest aswell.

https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/nieuw...t-kickboksers-luis-tavares-en-chihad-kepenek/

Last edited:
Tbf, Kyshenko started looking like the lovechild of TRT Vitor and LHW Canelo. That said, he actually started using his brain and footwork again once he left Mike's caveman indoctrination gym, so it's not just that (of course it's a big factor at his age). Still, imagine how good he could have been if he never joined forced with Mike...

Some more fighters tested positive.
Luis Tavares officially got suspended now from his positive test back in May, after he filed a lawsuit against the verdict (and lost).
His victory over Florent Kaouachi got overturned to a no-contest.

Cihad Kepenek also tested positive after his win over Nordine Mahieddine at Glory 81.
The result of that fight got overturned to a no-contest aswell.

https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/nieuw...t-kickboksers-luis-tavares-en-chihad-kepenek/
Tavares is suspended for 10 months, Kepenek for 12 months

Tbf, Kyshenko started looking like the lovechild of TRT Vitor and LHW Canelo. That said, he actually started using his brain and footwork again once he left Mike's caveman indoctrination gym, so it's not just that (of course it's a big factor at his age). Still, imagine how good he could have been if he never joined forced with Mike...

Right there with you, i think a lot of the guys at Mike's gym would benefit from going elsewhere.

Back