Alistair Overeem receives his license

I wasn't paying attention at all, and read this title expecting to see Overeem in a DMV getting his motor vehicles license in America.

Can't wait to see his return vs JDS :wink:

Watching CNN for the last couple of months I was under the impression that you can get a car and a gun in America without any licenses.

Irrelevant to what I said. I don't like Overeem.

The guy said it's stupid to say Cain can't take a punch based on the JDS flash KO. I gave another example (actually multiple examples from the same fight).

Calm down, child.

Oh, I'm a child now? I guess you're the grown-up here to set me straight? LOL

If you require further explanation as to the relevance, since it is not apparent to you, it's this:

Big giant men with enormous power, who fight professionally, punching each other in the face as hard as they can with minimally padded gloves, is going to result in them hurting, rocking, and knocking each other out from time-to-time, regardless of how well they can take a punch.

It is quite easy to cherry pick 1 or 2 examples to fault the ability to take a punch of virtually any HW who has ever fought.

Given that the example you provided was in a fight where Cain actually recovered, and won in dominant fashion, I'd say it's a bit out of line to stick Cain with the "can't take a punch" label.

Irrelevant to what I said. I don't like Overeem.

The guy said it's stupid to say Cain can't take a punch based on the JDS flash KO. I gave another example (actually multiple examples from the same fight).

Calm down, child.

You gave examples of Cain taking shots right on the button and still dominating the fight......:redface:

Talking about how he was rocked multiple times, obviously... Probably why the guy said he can't take a punch.

he seemed to recover pretty quick to me? i mean he shot for take downs and got some if not all if i remember correctly...im not much of a cain fan, but i think he takes this easily. ill eat my words if the reem takes hes belt, but i think hes being hyped way too much and he still has to get passed bigfoot which i honestly think is going to be a tougher fight than most people think.

Because Chuck and Rua in their prime compare to Cheick Kongo :redface:

You're right Kongo is a HW while Chuck and Rua are LHW's

And Cain defeated Kongo while Overeem got KTFO

Because Chuck and Rua in their prime compare to Cheick Kongo :redface:

Are you suggesting Kongo doesn't hit hard enough to potentially rock or KO almost anyone he connects with cleanly?

How about this? Prime Fedor couldn't take a punch (Fujita rocked him). Prime Cro Cop couldn't take a punch (Randleman KO'ed him). Prime JDS can't take a punch (Cain "Pillow Fist" Velasquez rocked/dominated him). Mark Hunt can't take a punch (MW Manhoef KO'ed him).

So which HW's CAN take a punch anyway?

2013: Year of the Reem

583928_o.gif

1270415074_overeem-knee.gif

Overeem+GIF+1.gif

Overeem+GIF+4.gif

tumblr_m70ninwbHD1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

42442_o.gif

L0L@ HATERS they can only come with losses that were 5to9 years old come up with new meterial.... to the haters OVEREEM didnt lose in the past 5 and a half years HATERS GONNA HATE !:p

Cain will take down overeem mix with strikes and gnp all day

Watch Cain vs JDS II for further reference

One knee from Uberknee will change the whole fight, and the way Cain approaches his takedowns.

Hilarious. Any transcripts or conditions in the license at all?

So, they do not require him to pass a drug test? Haven't exactly been up to date, figured he wouldn't be stupid enough to fail twice anyways.
See: Nick Diaz, Josh Barnett.
Watching CNN for the last couple of months I was under the impression that you can get a car and a gun in America without any licenses.
You can get a car and a gun in any country without a licence in pretty much any country. The problem is that in most countries, including America, that is illegal without a license or permit.

One knee from Uberknee will change the whole fight, and the way Cain approaches his takedowns.

I am sure coaches at AKA will be preparing a strategy on how to approach takedowns for overeem..

Back