Alistair Overeem is Making bank in UFC

$800k isn't much for a professional athlete in 2019.

Overeem is making so much more money than other fighters because UFC bought his contract out from Strikeforce. It put him at a much higher pay bracket than basically any UFC fighter could ever hope to reach in a full career.

He is a perfect example of UFC fighters don't really get paid well as they should because he didn't cut his teeth selling himself to Dana right away. the man is getting paid great because he got popular elsewhere. Lombard was another great example of this too.

He is one of the biggest names in UFC.

That was because Conor wouldn't fight anyone else, Dana goofed it by saying "Conor will only fight Nate". Good on him for picking that up too, smart business move.

at ufc 196 if nate diaz didnt say yes than conor woulsdnt of fought on it.

that why i dont get why nate diva crys about hwo the ufc fucked him over. it cause the of the ufc he was able to make 20-30 million to start with.

his ppv sales says otherwise
How many PPV’s was he even on ?

You are a retard if you think he wasnt popular, he was one of the most popular guys and especially at HW

Crazy that a professional athlete in the premiere organization for his sport making $800k is considered crazy to some people.

Shows how behind the UFC is. 800k is a rookie contract in most major sports lol

The crazy part isn’t that he’s making $800k. The crazy part is relative to how much he makes compare to other fighters, particularly fighters that are champions and making about half of what he’s making.

wow that's awesome

unfortunately hes taken so much head trauma over the last few years

Lol he has been top 10 forever, former k1/strikefarce/dream champ.... he deserves every penny. Ill watch all his fights, hes a warrior and rare breed. Hope he keeps winning and making bank. Unfortunately hes closing in on 40. Wouldnt mind seeing him go to one FC and become ubereem again

I think that Justin Gaethje, Jose Aldo, Daniel Cormier, Max Holloway, Amanda Nunes, Dustin Poirier, Rose Namajunas and fighters like them should all get paid Ubereem money.

Overeem is a legend. Never pulls out of a fight, exciting to watch and always reinvent himself after a loss. If someone deserves to be paid, its him.

Alistair Overeem made $800,000 at UFC Bejing while Francis made $200,000 even tho Francis was the main event
Alistair also made $800,000 at Ufc 213 while Romero and Whittaker made $350k each
at UFC 209 he made $750k ..Woodley made $500k and he was the champ and main event
UFC 203 he made $800k and Stipe only made $600k

dudes not even a draw lol why is he making so much money?
I'm happy for him he deserves it..
he probably got a pretty good manager

what do you guys think?

Did you see post #3 yet? Ouch let me know if you need someone to talk to bahaha shrek'd

Overeem is an established name all over the world with hardcore and casual fight fans. If the UFC doesn't sign him, he'll be valuable to their competitors, so it's worth it for them to pay a premium price for him. He's still a good draw because he's a kill or be killed fighter. He's had 14 fights in the UFC and 12 of them have ended via knockout. Only 8 of his 62 career MMA fights have gone to decision.

Fans should be happy that fighters are making banks. In fact, all champions should get at least 600-800k guaranteed depending on their name value imo.

It is criminal that Max got 350k for that war.

These guys are getting punched in the faces, not kicking or throwing a ball in a hoop.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was a big star when he entered the UFC. I have fond memories of his kickboxing matches with Badr Hari back in the day. Seeing the sorry state of UFC's HW division when you compare them to the absolute specimens that used to inhabit the kickboxing world is sad.

"Specimens" .... that's actually a great word to describe them

Back