Alistair Overeem,Brock Lesnar vs Fedor in 2008

gunsblazingmode

Belt with 50 shades of grey
@Orange
Reaction score
Remember when two steroids loaded goons called out the great one?
brock-lesnar-alistair-overeem-ufc-141.jpg

Fedor till this day can finish both of them in fashion way.

So ufc,u cheap m$$$$f
Lets make this fights happen
David-Branch-Ronaldo-Jacare-Souza-696x399.png

I'm currently snuggled between Fedor's nuts while I type this but no, he'd have to be removed from the cage with a broom and dustpan.

Fedor had offers to fight both of them and declined each time.

Bork completely wrecks current Fedor. Fedor doesn't have it anymore, man. Most of the LHW top 10 beats him IMO.

Lesnar would have had nothing for Fedor.

Overeem, on the other hand, would have been an interesting fight. Not an easy fight for either one, but I'd probably favor Fedor becase he had a much better chin in 2008 than Overeem...and he usually found a way to find his opponent's chin.

Fedor had offers to fight both of them and declined each time.

Overeem was a punching bag in Pride. Fedor went undefeated in Pride.

But yeah, Fedor was terrified of fighting Overeem.
{<jordan}

Overeem was a punching bag in Pride. Fedor went undefeated in Pride.

But yeah, Fedor was terrified of fighting Overeem.
{<jordan}
Fedor declined to fight Overeem in Strikeforce. Twice.

Ubereem was invincible at that point and 265 lbs of muscle so I don't blame him though. Most assuredly better than anyone on Fedor's resume.

2 on 1 is not fair.

What do you have against Fedor?

Remember when two steroids loaded goons called out the great one?
brock-lesnar-alistair-overeem-ufc-141.jpg

Fedor till this day can finish both of them in fashion way.

So ufc,u cheap m$$$$f
Lets make this fights happen
David-Branch-Ronaldo-Jacare-Souza-696x399.png

or fedor can stay in bellator and take the huge Viacom paychecks instead.

Fedor declined to fight Overeem in Strikeforce. Twice.

You do know there are many factors involved in accepting a fight, right? Like money negotiations, the fact that Fedor also regularly competed in Sambo or other scheduling conflicts. Or... maybe Fedor could feel his prime giving out and didn't wanna be on the receiving end of the shit show that fans like you create as soon as someone loses and they become a "never was".

Most assuredly better than anyone on Fedor's resume.

Overeem has never been considered the #1 guy in the world at any weight class. Fedor beat several guys who were, including the one who was #1 at the time before him, and a couple who were #1 right behind him.
Overeem would have been a very tough test for Fedor in Strikeforce I admit, but don't play revisionist history and act like Overeem would have been a better win than beating the #1 guy in the world. Guys like you will always look at whoever is on top now and say they are better than the guys of the past because you have the memory of a cockroach.

Last edited:
Overeem has never been considered the #1 guy in the world at any weight class. Fedor beat several guys who were, including the one who was #1 at the time before him, and a couple who were #1 right behind him.
Overeem would have been a very tough test for Fedor in Strikeforce I admit, but don't play revisionist history and act like Overeem would have been a better win than beating the #1 guy in the world.
Rankings are not really relevant to my point.

I think Strikeforce Ubereem would have ground anyone on Fedor's resume into paste.

Fedor beats Ubereeem, who was very overrated.

Lesnar/Fedor is a toss up. If Fedor lands before he gets taken down, Lesnar would turtle up and quit.

Rankings are not really relevant to my point.

I think Strikeforce Ubereem would have ground anyone on Fedor's resume into paste.

Perhaps, but that is just your opinion. It may or may not be right, but I think results are a better indication than conjecture and many of Fedor's opponents were #1 or #2 either when he fought them or within a very short time period of it, while Ubereem was never #1 in a weight class despite the fact that most fans believe he was roiding harder than almost anyone else in MMA has. He was smashing through virtually nobody of importance while obviously on some serious gear and had the audacity to accuse Fedor of weak competition?

It is entirely possible that Ubereem would have beaten him, but the betting odds would not have been in his favor (which is actually a pretty damn accurate way to measure a fight to be honest). I am a fan of Reem and have rooted for him in virtually every fight (maybe even every one, I cant think of ever rooting for someone else against him). I wanted that fight with Fedor BAD and believed that Reem had a good chance even then. I just think its really dumb to accuse fighters of ducking every time they decline a fight. Fedor fought every killer of his day in the biggest organization in the world. "Fear" was pretty obviously not the reason he declined the fight with Reem, though what exactly was one can only guess. The worst one can honestly say against Fedor was that he felt the reward was not worth the risk, something every fighter considers before accepting a fight.

You call them roided yet Fedor fell out of his prime immediately after Pride lol

You call them roided yet Fedor fell out of his prime immediately after Pride lol

His first loss after PRIDE was 6 fights and 3.5 years later. It was after he beat two recent (and two of the most accomplished) UFC HW champs who were both ranked in the top 5 at the time. I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but the truth often doesnt. He also had well over 30 fights. No matter when he fell out of his prime, guys like you would find a way to say it was because he was ducking something or some other reason. You, unfortunately, chose a very easy to debunk accusation.

I think styles make fights. Fedor has not impressed since Pride. I think he has a punchers chance, but probably loses to both.

Back