Ali: "We're Going To Re-Watch The Fight & Decide Whether To Strip Palhares."

So he saw the pokes and thought he held it late again, but is still only talking about stripping and suspending him? The guy needs to go, plain and simple. He has too much history, dating back prior to his UFC run.

thinking about this more i think they take serious action just because it's possible all the fighters just blacklist him and refuse to fight him, why would anyone risk getting eye gouged or have a limb snapped especially if you know he either won't listen to the ref or doesn't understand and even if you try to protect yourself and tap right away he may or may not let go.

What he held for what a split second to much ? there plenty times a fighter hold for as long as none just let go the exact second the ref steps in they usually wait to be sure.

Defense should be easy enough just show a dozen other fights the same happening and none having an issue. Its all Shields doing he got owned and had to cry like a diva cause he got raped. Crying against this opponent just works real well.

It's the Ndamukong Suh effect, bro. If you keep notoriously holding on to subs too long, your past will catch up and you won't be given leeway even when your holds aren't that bad.

It's a shame too, because he's such a talented fighter. He has to stop doing these things. He seems like a genuine good guy, who knows what he's doing. It's like he goes into a trance every time he gets a sub and he knows his opponent isn't getting out.

Jake is the guy who openly said he's going to try and purposefully break his bones leading into the fight. So I could understand if Palhares had a problem with Jake, despite what he himself has done in the past.

Should be strip of those eye gouge and not releasing the hold.

"Those are the butthurt Americans. When they can no longer hide their true nature all the racism and ad homs come out."

Didn't you do exactly what you are accusing others of doing?

One of the greatest absurdities of modern attitudes about racism is that the most racist amongst us have the temerity to bully the rest of us about race. See Sharpton, Al.

What he held for what a split second to much ? there plenty times a fighter hold for as long as none just let go the exact second the ref steps in they usually wait to be sure.

Defense should be easy enough just show a dozen other fights the same happening and none having an issue. Its all Shields doing he got owned and had to cry like a diva cause he got raped. Crying against this opponent just works real well.

It seems like a full second after Mazzagatti initially made contact with him, and Mazzagatti was slapping him fairly hard.

A second is usually so short that we give it little thought, but it is a long time in this context. It is not unreasonable to expect a fighter to completely release his opponent within a few tenths of a second after the ref intervenes. Everyone else is able to successfully do so.

Palhares should drill releasing subs in camp. I am dead serious. If he learned how to release subs years ago his career would have been much better thus far.

It seems like a full second after Mazzagatti initially made contact with him, and Mazzagatti was slapping him fairly hard.

A second is usually so short that we give it little thought, but it is a long time in this context. It is not unreasonable to expect a fighter to completely release his opponent within a few tenths of a second after the ref intervenes. Everyone else is able to successfully do so.

Palhares should drill releasing subs in camp. I am dead serious. If he learned how to release subs years ago his career would have been much better thus far.

According to Bustamante, Palhares has exactly the same problem in training:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/13/4833362/maurilo-bustamante-says-rousimar-palhares-injured-training-partners

"I can say this - nobody ever defended him as much as I did every time he made a mistake like this. In the beginning I thought it was because he was naive or had too much nervous energy during the fights.

"But then he caused a lot of incidents inside my academy during his camps and I changed my mind. I got tired of seeing how he hurts people so often when he is sparring, especially when he has a fight coming up. We used to argue every time it happened, so we argued a lot.

"That was a reason - together with his nonsense excuses every time he lost a fight - that our relationship started to get bitter. I actually hired a psychologist to help me with him but, as we have seen, it didn't work."

He seems genuinely incapable of holding back, even in training.

Dude is a habitual line-stepper.

I did see the elbows Palhares was landing, they were beautiful. In no way did I say in any part of this thread that the eye pokes lead to the finish or even attributed to it, I said they were blatant, reoccurring, and went without punishment. If you're saying that Palhares didn't in fact have his fingers in Shields eyes maybe you need to get your eyes checked because that should be obvious to anyone who watched the fight. Everyone was calling it out.

Also, I'm not a Shields fan. I've always been a big Palhares fan. I've defended his subs on multiple fights and personally hope to god he makes his way back to the UFC one day. This thread isn't about defending one fighter or anyone, it's about an illegal move that had no repercussions. I think you're missing the point.

Of course he's missing the point. He lost the plot. He's the genius claiming Jake Shields is a big American hero and Americans are pissed because he lost. Nobody fucking cares about Shields, least of all because of his nationality. That's the mentality you're arguing against. Good luck.

thinking about this more i think they take serious action just because it's possible all the fighters just blacklist him and refuse to fight him, why would anyone risk getting eye gouged or have a limb snapped especially if you know he either won't listen to the ref or doesn't understand and even if you try to protect yourself and tap right away he may or may not let go.

That's a very valid point.

I just watched the fight now. Clearly blatant eye gouges and he held the submission for at least 1 second after the ref started hitting them to stop the fight. Palhares should be banned from the sport. Everyone is talking about the submission but it's the eye gouging that was the worst. He was losing and getting frustrated so he started shoving his thumbs right into Jake's eyes. Truly a scumbag move. He belongs back in the jungle, not among human beings.

This, back to the jungle MMA circuit where the fans will cut his head off for that bs.

This, back to the jungle MMA circuit where the fans will cut his head off for that bs.

He honestly has the perfect temperament to be a debt collector.

But it blows my brain that he still has a legit gym he can train in. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna roll with this guy in practice.

iirc, Shields had no problem with the submission. The issue was the eye pokes. He got his eye skewered like 8 different times, it was disgusting.

Yea didn't have an issue with the submission. The eye gouging on the other hand.

I like Aziz suggestion Fitch v Okami winner gets Sheilds for the title.

After that I think Paul Harris can get the loser for a title eliminator if he stays in WSOF.

Back