Ali: "We're Going To Re-Watch The Fight & Decide Whether To Strip Palhares."

Another braindead bandwagoner. Shields fans of all people complaining about eyepokes LOl you couldn't make this stuff up!

sheilds-eye-poke.jpg

Nothing in that fight looked like intentional eye poking to me, granted it has been a long time since I've seen it (that's not a widespread complaint and GSP never complained so...) Besides, nobody gets a free pass. I will rewatch that fight eventually and if I decide that Shields was intentionally poking GSP, that won't change anything about Palhares. Everything I said was true and Shields vs GSP has no affect on that. Palhares needs to be banned for repeated offenses. No bandwagoning here.

You seem upset.

Did you see the cuts all over his eyes? Palhares was warned MULTIPLE times and the eye gouges were utterly blatant. It wasn't Shields "claiming" anything. It's common knowledge at this point that Palhares was skewering his eyes. Did you even watch the fight?

Did you see all the elbows Palhares was landing? Did you at any point see Shields having severe troubles with his sight, something that would obviously if you know, somebody gouged your eyes 8 times?

Like how GSP's eyes were almost swollen shut and he was blinking and could barely see anything by the end of it?

It is you who needs to rewatch both fights and grow some balls to admit your own and your man's hypocrisy. It's only "common knowledge" because Shields kept whining. I don't believe his claims.

If Paul Harris loses the title because of a bunch of Dana fanboys crying about him holding the submission a second or two longer than he needed to, that's an injustice. He needs to sue WSOF.
Dana fanboys? ? What the fuck has Dana or his 'fanboys' got to do with WSOF?

honestly i didn't see any blatant eye pokes when i watched it the first time. to me rousimar was just pushing jake's head off of him.

the cuts came from elbows in guard.

if someone can post a gif of the actual eye-pokes i will gladly admit i was wrong.

so far ppl the only arguments against rousimar are 'he's a monkey' and 'he's a retard' and 'he's on roids' all of which aren't really helpful.

So because Shields got away with a couple of eye pokes on GSP years ago, fighters should be allowed to skewer his eyes whenever the hell they please, eh?

It is hilarious how he got sweet karma, yes. He wanted to teach Palhares a lesson and break his bones. He ends up getting tapped for the first time and never got close to submitting Palhares.

He whined about getting poked(with his history of disgusting deliberate eye pokes against GSP) while at no point did his vision look to be troubled. You can't answer that either, eh?

I really hope he doesn't get allowed to fight anymore,anywhere. It's just too much. That monkey needs to go back to the jungle,he can't keep playing with professional athletes health and careers.
You need to keep that monkey shit to yourself fella.

Did you see all the elbows Palhares was landing? Did you at any point see Shields having severe troubles with his sight, something that would obviously if you know, somebody gouged your eyes 8 times?

Like how GSP's eyes were almost swollen shut and he was blinking and could barely see anything by the end of it?

It is you who needs to rewatch both fights and grow some balls to admit your own and your man's hypocrisy. It's only "common knowledge" because Shields kept whining. I don't believe his claims.

I did see the elbows Palhares was landing, they were beautiful. In no way did I say in any part of this thread that the eye pokes lead to the finish or even attributed to it, I said they were blatant, reoccurring, and went without punishment. If you're saying that Palhares didn't in fact have his fingers in Shields eyes maybe you need to get your eyes checked because that should be obvious to anyone who watched the fight. Everyone was calling it out.

Also, I'm not a Shields fan. I've always been a big Palhares fan. I've defended his subs on multiple fights and personally hope to god he makes his way back to the UFC one day. This thread isn't about defending one fighter or anyone, it's about an illegal move that had no repercussions. I think you're missing the point.

What he held for what a split second to much ? there plenty times a fighter hold for as long as none just let go the exact second the ref steps in they usually wait to be sure.

Defense should be easy enough just show a dozen other fights the same happening and none having an issue. Its all Shields doing he got owned and had to cry like a diva cause he got raped. Crying against this opponent just works real well.
He got raped? Get real man. Jake was doing just fine till he came out for the 3rd with his eyes swollen shut.

It is hilarious how he got sweet karma, yes. He wanted to teach Palhares a lesson and break his bones. He ends up getting tapped for the first time and never got close to submitting Palhares.

He whined about getting poked(with his history of disgusting deliberate eye pokes against GSP) while at no point did his vision look to be troubled. You can't answer that either, eh?

Vision troubled or not, eye pokes are illegal. That isn't the point. The point is Palhares was getting away with illegal moves for 3 straight rounds and it was obvious. It's weird that you're willing to let that slide just because Shields happened to get away with some eye pokes years ago. That doesn't make much sense.

Dana fanboys? ? What the fuck has Dana or his 'fanboys' got to do with WSOF?

The only reason so any people on this site bitch about Paul Harris is because Dana says they should. He was stupid enough to cut Paul Harris for no reason so all the Dana fanboys have to invent stupid reasons why cutting him was justified and not just because Dana was having his man period.

honestly palhares shouldn't be allowed to fight in the states anymore because again he's still doing his dirty fuck shit

If you're saying that Palhares didn't in fact have his fingers in Shields eyes maybe you need to get your eyes checked because that should be obvious to anyone who watched the fight. Everyone was calling it out.

Everyone was calling it out because Shields, diva that he is, was crying like a girl about it. The referee didn't notice it, it was always after Shields' cries that he would say something about it. If Palhares did something as bad as you claim then 1-the ref would have taken points and 2- Shields would have needed a break and get his eyes checked by a doctor which what happens when a fighter gets his eyes poked. None of it happened, eh?

You just cling on to jake's claims like they're your bible. He must be your prophet, buddy.

Also, I'm not a Shields fan. I've always been a big Palhares fan. I've defended his subs on multiple fights and personally hope to god he makes his way back to the UFC one day.

You're like one of those racists who always happens to have a best black friend. You're a joke.

Vision troubled or not, eye pokes are illegal. That isn't the point. The point is Palhares was getting away with illegal moves for 3 straight rounds and it was obvious. It's weird that you're willing to let that slide just because Shields happened to get away with some eye pokes years ago. That doesn't make much sense.

We're still waiting for you clowns to post proof of these supposed blatant, super damaging eye pokes? Where is it? Or do you prefer to keep ignoring and say that's not the point and then continue to cry about something Shields claimed?

Everyone was calling it out because Shields, diva that he is, was crying like a girl about it. The referee didn't notice it, it was always after Shields' cries that he would say something about it. If Palhares did something as bad as you claim then 1-the ref would have taken points and 2- Shields would have needed a break and get his eyes checked by a doctor which what happens when a fighter gets his eyes poked. None of it happened, eh?

You just cling on to jake's claims like they're your bible. He must be your prophet, buddy.

You're like one of those racists who always happens to have a best black friend. You're a joke.

My man, this is MMA discussion and you're getting really worked up for no reason. We're discussing a sport, not real life. This is getting pointless, calling me racist when you don't even know anything about me, haha. I am black btw, I do in fact though have quite a few black friends.

Also, I'll just leave this here. Have a good one.

2ed11zb.png

He did rake his eyes many times. Should have warned and stopped it earlier.

this is a joke. Palhares does not deserve to be striped of the title

My man, this is MMA discussion and you're getting really worked up for no reason. We're discussing a sport, not real life. This is getting pointless, calling me racist when you don't even know anything about me, haha. I am black btw, I do in fact though have quite a few black friends.

Swelling from elbows that reached it's peak some time after the fight.

I asked for proof of him getting poked during the fight and actually showing physical pain from it.

If you don't have it, then lets just assume that Shields has the strongest eyeballs in the world which are immune to pain against extremely strong poking humans like Palhares. Good talk. Jerkoff.

Swelling from elbows that reached it's peak some time after the fight.

I asked for proof of him getting poked during the fight and actually showing physical pain from it.

If you don't have it, then lets just assume that Shields has the strongest eyeballs in the world which are immune to pain against extremely strong poking humans like Palhares. Good talk. Jerkoff.

http://www.gfycat.com/BreakableHilariousBluetick****hound

http://www.gfycat.com/HeftyFaithfulIbadanmalimbe

http://www.gfycat.com/PastLastGermanpinscher

The first link won't work, I believe, because of the word ****, like the animal, rac****. The little bandit looking dude.

2ed11zb.png

dang, that pic is nasty. although if i was playing the devils advocate, you could say "the cuts could've come from anything, punches, elbows, etc".

The only way to conclusively solve it once and for all is to have a slo mo replay of the eye pokes. it would leave absolutely no doubt.

Back