Media Ali - Tony in March/April

Why is Khabib trying to delay the Tony fight for so long???
He barely took damage vs Poirier and already had a long day off before that fight?
Kind of agree with you. I'm sure it could have happened late in December 2019. But Khabib did say that he expects Khabib to be the toughest fight he's ever had and that he will have to train for him like no one before. So he's definitely taking him serious. I think the 4-5 months gives him that time he feels he will be 110% ready for him.

So the devout muslim got his fighters a media day at a drug farm?

I wonder if his muslim clients actually believe his bullshit or if they are being hypocrites becausr he makes them money?

Most of the events are in arenas with scantily clad women and alcohol, with the outcome being gambled on heavily. It's not just the practicing Muslims who are hypocritical, It's the other religions also.

Post fight speeches ruin me. "All glory to (insert religious figure) for allowing me to beat the piss out of another human being.

Not sure why you dummies don't get that putting together a huge event in Russia will take time to plan and promote.

FEB = 5 months between bouts. Plenty of time for a guy who took zero damage vs Poirier.

Adesnaya went to war w/ Kelvin & fought 6 months later for comparison.

He fought in September and a fight in March would be 6 months.
"Bring your ass March or April," Abdelaziz said at a media day

Assuming beginning of April that's 7 months.
Assuming end April....christ why are I going over this minutiae? Fact is after sitting out for 11 months and in a packed division they should be looking at early 2020, not "March/April".

Can't be doing with Champs just sitting on the belt. First Pettis, then Conor now Khabib.

Assuming end April....christ why are I going over this minutiae? Fact is after sitting out for 11 months and in a packed division they should be looking at early 2020, not "March/April".

Can't be doing with Champs just sitting on the belt. First Pettis, then Conor now Khabib.
Tony doesn’t seem to be fighting any more often than Khabib lately either and he isn’t even the champ.

Let’s do on the same card Khabib vs Tony and Conor vs Justin.

That’s what most champs do. Not worth for them to fight so often, too much at stake. Usman haven’t fought since March 2nd btw.

Why can’t champs fight regularly? This shit is ridiculous.

How is he gonna say shit about Tony getting injured when that was an accident and Khabib had full control of his weight cut and caused the previous matchup not to go off.
Just let dead dogs lie. That fight should have already happened on 4 different occasions. The universe just had other plans so that they would finally meet when both were on a tear and basically have cleaned out the division.

Twice it was Tony's injury that caused the fight to get cancelled. Once it was Khabib's injury. But the 4th time it was Khabib's weight cut. Arguably the injuries are not a fighters fault so if anyone should be blamed for them not having fought yet it should be Khabib, Shelby, or Tony's manager telling him not to fight holloway.

Silly move for Ali to even bring it up.

Where are Cody's socks and why are his pants too short?

Cody no socks will be champ again

Why is Khabib trying to delay the Tony fight for so long???
He barely took damage vs Poirier and already had a long lay off before that fight?

Has Tony said anything, how do you know Khabib is delaying it? Perhaps between the venue and the two fighters it could be a number of things affecting the date.

That’s what most champs do. Not worth for them to fight so often, too much at stake. Usman haven’t fought since March 2nd btw.
And Usman still doesn't have a fight lined up. Should be stripped of the title.

Champs should defend every 6 months with an extension for mitigating circumstances ie suspensions for flying into the crowd.

And Usman still doesn't have a fight lined up. Should be stripped of the title.

Champs should defend every 6 months with an extension for mitigating circumstances ie suspensions for flying into the crowd.
Usman vs Covington is scheduled.

Back