News Ali to Tony Ferguson on Twitter: "Makhachev will be ready for you"

Sure, if Tony and the UFC want to see him get dominated again
Tony still wants the belt. He's not going to get it taking easy fights. He knows this too. This is another Chris Weidman situation clinging onto the idea he can be champion.

Tony vs Nate makes sense imo. But I do not want to see him against Islam.

Tony's reflexes and athleticism are gone. Give him the Cerrone rematch in a retirement fight for both guys. Bugger off Ali.

I thought tony is still a beast? He's not scared right?

I’m sure he’s not scared, but I am. I want to see Islam properly tested and Tony either retired or in a fun fight with someone older.

This matchup accomplishes zero.

We just saw Tony smothered by two guy who are good grapplers but not the smothering wrestlers Islam is. Fight will be a 30-27 blowout that’s on the ground for 14 minutes. Maybe Islam spares us by getting a choke that doesn’t require a tap. But it’s a waste, for Islam as much as the fans.

Islam needs to stay active and kick ass against other fighters on the rise.

Tony's reflexes and athleticism are gone. Give him the Cerrone rematch in a retirement fight for both guys. Bugger off Ali.

I’ve been banging the Jim Miller drum. Tony might still pulverize Donald, and if he can’t he might eventually eat a head kick. Neither guy needs that.

Isn't Ali already 2-0 against Tony with his first guy Justin ruining Tony's career for good, beating off a life time. Gotta love the haters hating on Ali because he has half the roster, best MMA manager of all time.

He gets criticized because he comes across like a fucking jerk-off. But I think even his harshest critics would acknowledge that he’s built a hell of a book of business for himself. And while it’s one thing to convince a couple guys that you’re the guy (look at that weirdo and Diego), or even to do a good job for a couple guys, it’s another thing altogether to keep an entire stable of fighters, who often have competing interests, content and believing that you’re the best guy to advance their interests.

Frankly he always came off like a meat head to me, and in the early days maybe even a poser, but there’s no way he’s still surviving at this level on bluster and charm. Must be a level-headed guy with a good head for business. Credit where credit is due.

Islam is a can crusher, look at his last 2 opponents:

Davi Ramos, a guy who went 0-1 in Bellator with a loss to journeyman Rickels and got CUT
Drew Dober, went 0-2 against Bellator fighters, he lost to Brooks and Girtz

He had 2 options between Fiziev and Moises and of course he picked the easier fight. Now he wants Tony on 3 fight losing streak

That’s MAJOR cherry picking. Dober was an appropriate matchup for Islam. He passed with flying colors so now he’s getting serious contender talk. That’s the way it works.

It’s also unclear who is the tougher matchup between Moises and Fiziev. Moises probably more well-rounded and higher ranked. I’ll take your word for it that he was offered both fights on identical terms, but I don’t think it’s obvious which fight is better or tougher.

Agree that Ali calling for Tony is lame. Islam banged that drum a couple fights ago so maybe Ali is just parroting. That ship has sailed though. Calling out guys like Felder, Hooker, RDA is much more reasonable.

Long term it doesn’t matter. If he keeps winning he’ll get the big fights and then we’ll see.

Right after Dariush wrecked Tony's knee?

I'm down only if this is a 5 round fight.

Not ready for Tony to get wrestled for 3 rounds again, in 5 I see a chance for him, he is still dangerous

He already beat Cowboy to a pulp not too long ago. Michael Johnson rematch would be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Back