Ali Isaev reveals frustration with PFL hiatus: 'Give me a fight or let me go'

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“I’ll be 37 soon. That’s why I wanted the PFL either to give me a fight or let me go so that I can fight in other promotions before the end of the year,” he told RT Sport. “Because I can’t wait and take a big break. I want to compete. Time goes by, and I have to find new opportunities to make a statement and fight against the top guys.”

“To be honest, the PFL gave me a chance to make myself known,” he said. “They’re a very nice organization. If they let me go, maybe I’ll come back later, why not? That’s where I got my start.

“It would be great if they could understand my situation and make a choice that would work for me. Stability. I need stability.”

“Of course I’d love to fight in the UFC if the PFL lets me go,” he said. “They’re putting on events despite the pandemic. I think other organizations aren’t putting on such good events now. Maybe they don’t have the same resources as the UFC, but today I only see UFC fights.

“I’d love to fight their top fighters. I’m not picky, I’ll fight anyone they give me. My age doesn’t let me pick an opponent. When you’re young, you have to make the right choices. I saw how many young guys rushed too much. They were doing well but then stumbled after making the wrong decision, or they were misadvised. They wanted a fast rise to stardom. We have this saying, ‘He who makes haste makes everyone laugh.’ But I’m already 9-0, I don’t really need to gain experience. I have to do my job.”

Arguably the best HW outside of the UFC. I would love to see him 3 - 4 years competiting in the UFC.

What's up with PFL? Any News or Rumors?

Poor guy it sucks to be tied to that anchor, if they won't release him he should hire a lawyer surely his contract guarantee x fight offers per year.

The ufc could also use him they've brought in some real trash hw during covid.

I dont think the UFC would go crazy for him but he is pretty legit, sucks to be in his situation.

He earned probably 500 k after taxes and management fees, why is he complaining?

Dunno if he's contention level in the UFC but just his wrestling would give a lot of guys problems.

Sucks. PFL is a mess rn. Don’t see how any fighters can be happy to wait a whole year for the season. That’s PFL’s problem, their tournament structure really tightens up the schedule. Can’t just schedule events and have fights. Bellator had this issue back in the day.

Sucks. PFL is a mess rn. Don’t see how any fighters can be happy to wait a whole year for the season. That’s PFL’s problem, their tournament structure really tightens up the schedule. Can’t just schedule events and have fights. Bellator had this issue back in the day.

Yeah, I don't get why they don't just stagger the seasons for each division. That why that can have year round fights and still keep their division format. Surely it must be better for ratings to have 7 titles fights spread out through the year then having seven title fights once a year.

One championship still have it today, it's more or less Bangkok Hilton for most of them

Back